200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I should have posted these photos aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago, but was hoping to take some better ones. Unfortunately, due to technical problems I can't currently upload new pics, so I guess we're stuck with these! It looks rustic (crappy), but I'm actually very proud of this bag in real life :)

I finished it a few hours before going into labour. And how long has it taken me to post the photos? Well ... my baby daughter is six months old today! :D

Front and back. No lining yet ... I've bought the fabric but oh, how I hate to sew ...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/Omphaloskepsis/crafts/beachbag1.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/Omphaloskepsis/crafts/beachbag2.jpg

Hi rose! You've been a little busy for the past six months, so don't worry about it. Love the bag! Thanks for posting the links. Are you using it for baby supplies? How are you and your little dumpling?

q8, those sound like great colors. Can't wait to see them made into squares!

OK....I think I may have an idea. I'm working on some blankets I'd like to take either to a Fisher House, or the VA Hospital. What about squares using the Vietnam Medal as the theme? I was thinking of using #193 Textured Stripes, or one of the plainer squares, either sc or dc...... What do y'all think?

VietnamMedal.jpg

Hi folks!

Christi, that looks like a great idea. I hope you can post a pic when you have finished the square.

Jessica, now you're all set to start making squares. Can't that stuff pack itself????

Hi Renee!!!

Rose, your bag is really cute! One question: how did you go about making the strap? I think my neice would like a bag, and I really liked what you did with yours - very fresh.

Hi Renee. I used the simplest way I could think of, which was to crochet a long strip in UK double crochet stitch (US single crochet) and then attached it to the two sides of the bag.

Jessica, I love those! The colors remind me of Easter eggs or watermelon or something yummy. I used granny in the middle for my 'ghan.

Thanks for sharing!

hello

i just want to tell i`m starting to work on my ghan

i`ll work as vik

2 squares a day shall be enough

it should be done in 25 days

cause i`ll make it 7×7 blocks :cheer

Hi

Can I join? I just finished a major ripple and have now set to work on a afghan using the 200 block book....can't remember the exact number of the pattern at the moment...it's a variation on the granny square though, you do 5 rows like a normal granny, then 4 rows of sc around the edge....

Well, I'm almost finished with my blankie......I made 16 different squares, using RH SS - red, yellow, green, blue, orange, and purple. I put the squares together yesterday, and I'm putting a border around it, using a row of each color in sc. Hopefully, I'll get it done tonite, and can post a pic or two tomorrow!

I'm glad to see some new activity on this CAL.

I am finished with all the squares. Now I am having the darnedest time figuring out how to sew or crochet them together. I've tried both and frogged everything.

I keep getting gaps where the corners are supposed to join and it bugs me. How do you avoid that or do I just have to accept it? Should I be using the center corner stitch "twice" when joining does that make sense? 420054277_042da0dcee_m.jpg

Did you all use one color to sew/crochet them together?

Hi all!

Mandy, Welcome to the CAL! I hope you can post pics of your squares!

Christi, can't wait to see yours! It sounds awesome!

Samantha, All I've ever used is the whipstitch to join squares and I sort of wing it when it comes to the corners. Sorry that I can't be of much help there. I also used the same color, but you could be creative and use different ones if you want. It's going to be great when it's done!

q8, Has your yarn arrived yet? Do you have any squares made yet?

mandy

i`m happy to see you around :hug

Christi

can`t wait to see yours

summer colors youv`e used thats gr8 :clap

samantha

your squares are awsom

sorry i can`t help :(

clare

i made the diagram and my yarn arrived yesterday i made one square sorry don`t have pictures but maybe the drawing will be useful

th_diagram.jpg

sorry about the colors they are little missed up but the real colors of the yarns are awsom :yay

going to crochet more blocks :clap

happy crocheting :hook

Well I couldn't take it any longer...all your lovely squares just sucked me right in!

I have made 2 squares from the book towards making a bag but thought I would try one of the more experienced ones Tricolor Square #35 and I am totally stuck. :( Could anyone help?

Here is my square after I completed round 2 but I think I have messed it up royally! Should the edges of the flower be shaped to a tip already or does that come later?

round2tricolor.jpg

Also for round 3 they say to crochet into the ch 3 space of round 1. Does that mean I go in front of the chain 5 (from round 2) and just leave them loose in the back? I really appreciate any help...I wanted to improve my beginner skills but maybe I bit off too much.

thanks...ann

Serindipity,

You kind of got the right idea for that second row of tr but the directions should say cl which means treble cluster for these directions. Look on page 118 of the book, it shows how to do a dc cluster. Follow the instructions like a treble crochet works and/or go here to read tr cl description remember that you are doing a 6tr cl rather than a 3 tr cluster for this pattern If that doesn't make sense come back later and we can help more.

For the next row I went ahead and crocheted over the chains. This was a tricky square for me to do.

Twinnish,

Thanks for the help. Knowing you wing it I actually feel better. I keep thinking there should be a more a of a science to this and maybe there isn't. I figure something out last yesterday and I am on my last row to sew together then I am on to the edging. I'll try and get a pic posted today if I have time.

Archived