200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

thanks!!! the colors are the ones I use in my home! My walls are all painted a light lavender and we have glass blocks above each doorway that are light green!

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

black purl both of them are wonderful

i love the colors too

i made square no19 once the 1st time started this afghan but i resumed working on other colors :)

i shall post photo for today :think

I have 16 squares done in total! I won't be able to put it all together until we get back home to Russia. It is easier to pack squares than pput a finished afghan in my suitcase!

I'm doing good:) I've been a dischcloth crocheting fool. The only one I've made that was inspired by the 200 Block book was the Willow one.

516598147_0b190f640f_m.jpg

yarn: lionbrand cotton

hook: H/5.5mm

Hi folks!

I hear you, blackpurl about it being easier to pack squares. A couple of Septembers ago, my mother and I took a trip to Utah to visit my brother who lives there. I was working on a baby 'ghan made of little squares. I must have made forty or fifty of these squares on the trip. I was able to keep them in a bag in my backpack. I probably would have had to mail it home had I joined them.

Samantha, I likey your Willow dishcloth!!!

Hi q8!!!!

• 1 month later...

Hi q8 and Samantha!

I've been so busy lately, I've hardly picked up a hook. My husband got laid off from his job in May, so I've been working extra. I have been thinking about making that bag from Interweave Crochet, the one with the willow squares.

I hope all is well with you!

• 3 months later...

Hello everyone:waving ,

I have not posted in awhile:cry , I am glad to be back into crocheting, I took a rest due to finding my bio father. I finally got this book and looking forward to starting it today. All my CAL's are WIP. I Love the work and colors everyone has done. I have to look into my stash of yarn and get some colors.

talk to you soon!!!

ooh i just bought this book too !! i know i shouldn't have - i've loads of ufo's to finish - but it was just jumping out at me from the shelf and all those pretty colours...

anyway i'm gonna make a big blanket with lots of different types of square - it's gonna be v exciting...

• 2 weeks later...

okay i've finally decided where to start - i'm going to make a christmas cushion cover!! :ctree

i know i was going to be all adventurous and do all the squares - but i figured that i need something i can see the end of - to start with at least!! and as a bonus i'll have at least one decoration for christmas!

• 2 months later...

Please, I need some help with #35, the Tricolor Square. I made it before but this time it's throwing me a curve.

In Rnd 2 after you make each cluster, you ch 5, sl st into 2nd ch of the ch 3 from rnd 1, then ch 5 again.

In Rnd 3, you're supposed to work all the stuff in between the brackets into that same ch 3 sp of rnd 1. Question is, you have the ch 5 on both sides of the ch 3 with that sl st in the middle of the ch 3. Do you work the [...] over the ch 3 and ch 5? Or do you work 3 tr, ch 1, 3 tr on one side of the ch 3, then ch 2, then work the rest on the other side of the ch 3.

I can't find anywhere in the instructions where the ch 5 from Rnd 2 is mentioned again. If you don't work over it, then they're just loose loops on the back.

This is so frustrating when you've already done it before! :yell

Thanks!

I chained over them. I think I added a few chains in the round as it seemed to be too tight for me.

I know what you mean about this pattern. I think the directions could have been a bit more clear.

Thanks, Samantha. Didn't think I'd get an answer so fast since this thread has been a bit dormant.

Those clusters of trebles sure do pucker, don't they? And I wish there were universal guidelines for writing instructions!! Some writers leave out stuff taking it for granted you know what they're talking about. If they'd only include every step, then I think most beginners could follow more complicated patterns.:soap

I chained over them. I think I added a few chains in the round as it seemed to be too tight for me.

I know what you mean about this pattern. I think the directions could have been a bit more clear.

Archived