200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

Serendipitycrafter

<<< by the way your name is long i couldn`t read it :lol

as i`ve read in your post you should insert the hook in the 3 chains space of round one which makes the sts longer

i love your colors try to work in that way:)

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far so good.

I did a sc join on the front of the lapghan alternating squares. I am going to do 2-3 rounds of the lavender. I want to edge the 'ghan with a shell stitch.

421346490_9b24b8361d_m.jpg

The artsy shot;)

421346508_7ce78ee9c4_m.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Ooo, Ooo, OOO! Samantha, that is one sweet 'ghan you've got there. You better run over to Home Decor show and tell and post that beauty there. Then send the interested back here to join our CAL!!!! :clap

Ann, Welcome to the CAL! The Sammimag is wise and knows the Tricolor square! I like that square and used it in my son's 200 Block 'ghan. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

q8, I like what I can see of your sketch. That's going to be so pretty!

I wish Jan Eaton could see what she's inspired us to do!

OK........here it is......better put on your sunglasses!!!! :D

BRIGHTBLANKIE3.jpg

Here's another one I put together some time ago, it's just plain grannies.

REDBLUEGREYBLANKIE3.jpg

Both are around 34" x 34".....big enough for little ones at St Jude. I was going to send the bright colored one to Fisher House, but thought better of it......I think a child would like it better.....don't you?

Samantha, Your afghan looks absolutely wonderful!!

I love the colours that you used...and of course love your tricolor squares.

Is that the coffee and cream pattern also in there?

CDbear, what a wonderful cheerful afghan...someone will be very lucky to get it.

It's so fun to see which patterns and colour combos people are coming up with!!

ann

Whoa, Christi, Psych-a-delic!!!! It's awesome! Good job with those color-changing squares. I attempted to do some but they kept coming out too big. Great job!!! :clap

Twinnish...I meant to thank you for the welcome.

I've finished 4 squares now.

I 'm trying to figure out how many I need for a tote.

My squares are turning out to be 7" which may be too big for 6 each

side but too small for 4.....what's a girl to do!

That is quite the problem. Maybe you can start over (sorry!) with a smaller hook? The problem with these patterns is that they are made in the book with DK, which is not as widely available here as it is in the UK, Jan Eaton's home stomping grounds. DK is a smaller yarn, so the squares come out smaller. If you're using worsted weight, which is bigger, then your squares will come out bigger.

Of course, you could just make a really huge tote. It would be great to haul around, say, an afghan or a hummer SUV cover that you might be working on! :D

q8, that's great that you've made some squares! Any chance you could post some pictures? I would love to see them! After you've had some sleep, of course!

Thanks guys for the suggestions. :D

Six might end up being all right....(Claire.. I can't bear the thought of redoing them :no)

I do have another option...I made the 4 patch granny #43 but I didn't

attach them together. I'm thinking of making a smaller row with the small

squares...maybe the middle row...not sure yet until I have a few more made.

I have 5 blocks made.... plus the 4 small squares.

I'm just starting the 6th.:clap

q8....can't wait to see your squares...

Thanks guys for the suggestions. :D

Six might end up being all right....(Claire.. I can't bear the thought of redoing them :no)

I hear you there! The little grannies might just work, great idea! I made that square and loved the little grannies. In fact, I still have a few unattached ones hanging around.

clare

don`t you think of making another afghan colorful or throw ??? it`s gonna be fun :clap

I do think about. Probably after I finish my MIL's never ending Square Elegance afghan (it's going to weigh more than me by the time I'm done with it, if the boredom doesn't kill me) and my youngest daughter's long neglected ripple 'ghan, I'll probably make another one. I also have some orphan squares left over from my son's that I could add to it. It would be nice to do a sampler 'ghan with no two squares alike!

So far so good.

I did a sc join on the front of the lapghan alternating squares. I am going to do 2-3 rounds of the lavender. I want to edge the 'ghan with a shell stitch.

421346490_9b24b8361d_m.jpg

The artsy shot;)

421346508_7ce78ee9c4_m.jpg

Thanks for looking!

---------

Samantha, I love your ghan - it's beautiful! I particularly like that shell stitck square, and have been thinking about making a bunch of different colored squares in that pattern. But I have so many things on my plate right now, so I plug away, one thing at a time. Still, I love what you did with your squares!

Archived