200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everybody!

tracy, I'm having a hard time seeing some of your squares. Looks like the pics came out too dark. I'm sure they're nice, though! You're making good progress!

Belinda, welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing yours!

Hi Vik! Thanks for stopping by!

Hi Claire, Vik, everyone, I'm also just popping in to say hello. I'm sure that one of these days I'll do more than just enjoy looking at the book (I'm really trying to finish up some of my UFO's this fall, though).

Hello, I'm stopping in to join up! I picked up the 200 Blocks book yesterday and can't think about much else now that I've looked through all of the patterns! I already have my first block almost done and will post photos once I've done a couple more. I'm using obnoxiously bright colors!

I'm very excited to participate -- thanks for the cordial invite, Twinnish! :hyper

I need to do something to drag my CAL up from the abyss, so here's a pic of a square I've been working on for a swap on another board:

IMG_0295.jpg

Wow, although I resized in photobucket, that pic is ginormous! If people have to scroll, I apologize. I lost Paint Shop Pro with the last computer crash and haven't gotten off my butt to reinstall it.

I wish I had to pretend I didn't see it either! ;) (but I missed that swap!) It is beautiful, Claire. I have to stay away from these cal postings! I would love to do this one day...

Cupcake - the black and white looks spectacular. I can't wait to see it done!

I'm new to this CAL. In fact, I just started today.

I have had a stash of BRIGHT yellow, florescent orange and neon green Dazzleaire worsted weight yarn I got at a yard sale two years ago. I was actually going to donate it to our old folks home when I picked up the 200 crochet blocks book yesterday.

I decided to make an afghan for my 8 year old niece for Christmas.

I am using three squares. Numbers 19,137, and 181.

I have already made 10 squares today. Two more quite weekends like this one and I'll have it done in no time.

It actually looks alot prettier than it sounds.

Zella

I have some brand new pics, Twinnish! Only 5 blocks done so far.

272588119_71dffc1960_m.jpg

Click the photo or the link in my signature to check out the finished blocks. I think i'm going to make a scarf for my cousin's 16th birthday using a smaller version of that starflower block (#71) in pink, grey and black.

yarnbunny, your colors sound great! And you're so fast! :clap

dorsia, :clap

Only 5 blocks, but what beautiful blocks they are! I love those colors! Looks like you blocked your squares! You're off to a great start. Thanks for sharing your pics!

Fidgement: Thanks a lot! It's just Caron Simply Soft/Brites and I'm going to do the borders in black. I love that yarn -- so cheap, so soft, and I'm pretty much resigned to the way it constantly splits at this point. ;D

Twinnish: Thank you!! I didn't actually block the squares -- just kind of tugged at the corners before I took the photos -- but I'm going to have to learn how, for sure, haha. Going to have to add a border row to some blocks, too, as they aren't coming out quite the same size! :P

I have been following along on this CAL for a while because I've been coveting this book for months! :lol Oh how I've wanted it, but I've resisted buying it because anywhere I've found it they are charging an arm, leg and your firstborn...I suppose I could have checked the library for it, but the library would probably have to send their 'library cops' to pry it out of my hands to get it back :rofl Well I could take it no more (and neither could my husband, who grew sick and tired of my pointing it out to him everywhere and saying how nice it would be to have) and finally ordered it online:jumpyay

I still have to wait another couple of weeks or so for it to get here, but once it does I shall join in with you all if that's alright.

For now I will continue my coveting. :bounce

Hi dorsia! A black border will be so dramatic with those colors. It'll make 'em pop even more. It's a good thing your squares are so square because you can't really block acrylic yarn, I'm told. How many blocks do you have now?

ChainOFools, Welcome aboard! Good work breaking down your hubby like that. Maybe you can get a job at the CIA! :D I look forward to seeing your work!

Archived