200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just how does one "join" into a Crochet-A-Long?

:cat

Hi there, just start crocheting, pop in every so often and update us on how you are going. That is all I ever did. I am not sure if there are any formalities.

This is a great little CAL and a few of us are onto our second rug. I am and am pleased to say I have completed about 16 blocks of my black and white project. I changed the plain black block to the simple granny. The original pattern I chose had popcorns which were completely lost on the dark colour. Since deciding on another block I am now moving a long a bit quicker.

Keep us up to date tracy leigh on your progress. There are a few out there who have joined, but still haven't started cos they just like looking at the book..:lol :lol :lol

Hi tracyleigh! Feel free to join us! I would love to see what you've done so far, or read a good description! I'm still on my first one, beset with a bad case of WIPness. As I mentioned earlier I did manage to join another strip. I have two more to go. Maybe I'll force myself to do another one tonight after work. It's starting to get colder here in New England and the kid needs it for his bed!

I recently made a square from the book in Christmas colors. Since it's early here and my brain is feeble, I can't remember the name. When I get home I'll take a picture of it, look in the book for the name, etc, wrestle the computer away from whoever will (undoubtedly) be hoggin--er, using it and post the pic here. We've been shy of pics, lately!

i just got this book yesterday and picked out the squares I want and the colors I plan on using, Only problem is I stared trying to figure out my first square on 3 hours of sleep so it didn't work out too well so now that I have a little more sleep I'm going to try again hopefully I will get one or two done tonight and I can post a picture

Hi Melibean!

Welcome to the CAL! Thanks for joining us. I joined another strip on mine last night and got three squares of it attached to the 'ghan before my bedtime rolled around. Yay!

I have trouble crocheting when I'm tired. I can always tell when it's time to quit because things start coming out wonky or I have to keep looking at the pattern because I start forgetting what I'm supposed to be doing!

Arrgh, that's right, Vik! Now it's officially Autumn!

Summer's gone and I didn't even say goodbye!

On the CAL front, I sewed another strip onto my son's 'ghan. At this rate I'll be done by Christmas....

2009!

--------------

I'm so excited, because we got a cool front over the weekend! Yesterday, I woke up early (6), and and turned off the AC and opened up all the windows and my sliding glass door (no window in the living room, a sliding glass door that goes out to my balcony.

My apt faces north, and the north wind blew in all day, and holy cow was it nice! Yesterday was 80 for a high! It put me in a mood to clean my house and crochet!

Hi all:

Happy Monday! Well, I bought the yarn for the 200 Crochet Squares CAL yesterday. Bought Fall colours...one is Med Thyme, one is Carrot and one is called "Fall". They are all new colours by Red Heart.

I think as I get a few squares done I will take pictures with the digital and post them here.

Um, how does one post pics in here?

:cat

Tracy Leigh, tire me out with pics? Try me!

Renee, what, no more 100 degree weather? You miss it, 'fess up!

Melibean, I implore you---weave it those ends as you go along! Otherwise you will go insane!!!!!! Yikes, 192 squares times X ends = AAAAARRRGH!!!!

So Renee, you're all moved, the weather's turned cooler and you're not going anywhere...

Why don't you start a 200 Crochet Blocks 'ghan?????

Come on!! You know you want to!!! :devil

I joined another strip on last night! :clap One more to go, and that strip only needs another block or two joined to it before I can join the whole thing to the 'ghan. Then it's edging and, ARRRGH, weaving in those consarned ends (the bane of my existence!) and it'll be done!!!

Disclaimer: I HAVE been weaving in the ends, yet there still are ends that have eluded me! It cannot be, and yet, it is!

Tracy Leigh, tire me out with pics? Try me!

Renee, what, no more 100 degree weather? You miss it, 'fess up!

Melibean, I implore you---weave it those ends as you go along! Otherwise you will go insane!!!!!! Yikes, 192 squares times X ends = AAAAARRRGH!!!!

I'm just going to give my aunt the squares as I go along and let her weave them in for me lol. She seems to like that job. I only need 191 squares now got one done last night and hope to get at least one more finished tonight. Providing my daughter allows me to get the one I started last night done.

I'm just going to give my aunt the squares as I go along and let her weave them in for me lol. She seems to like that job. I only need 191 squares now got one done last night and hope to get at least one more finished tonight. Providing my daughter allows me to get the one I started last night done.

191 squares is a lot. How big is this afhgan going to be???

So Renee, you're all moved, the weather's turned cooler and you're not going anywhere...

Why don't you start a 200 Crochet Blocks 'ghan?????

Come on!! You know you want to!!! :devil

-----------

Hehe, I do. But, I am going to Indy in 3 weeks for a conference, so I'm making myself a shawl (it gets cold in hotels) and I'm also going to try to make the Baroque jacket from SnB HH before I go. Then, finally then, I can start making some progress on all my outstanding projects that have been languishing.

Sorry to hear about the hidden ends. I think they do it to keep you on your toes.

my b/f wants one that will fit on our bed and hang off the end and both sides, so it is rather large but i have nothing really better to do with my time lol so as long as he supplys the yarn I'll make a afgan to throw over the bed

At long last, I've got the 'ghan completely joined. Can you see those unwoven ends left over from joining? They're taunting me! All I need to do is dispatch those aforementioned ends and put an edging on. Then it'll be ready for keeping my youngest tad warm all winter long!

IMG_0283.jpg

For added interest, here's a square I made for a swap I'm participating in on another board. It's from 200 Crochet Blocks, natch! I believe it's the Water Lily square. It's a 12 inch square, made so by adding a few extra dc rows.

IMG_0286.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Melibean, the squares are pretty easy. The petals on the flowers are easy. On the first row (of the flower, not the square), you crochet a chain and attach it to the body of the square with an sc (this is done for as many petals as you need). Then on the next row you make the petals by crocheting increasingly larger then smaller stitches around the chain like so: sc, hdc, dc, dc, hdc, sc.

With this book I've found that even the three hook squares, the "difficult" squares, are fairly easy. You just need to concentrate!

It's easier than you think! You can do it! If I can do it, anyone can do it!

Archived