200 Crochet Blocks Crochet Along

Twinnish

Congratulations Twinnish it is looking stunning! I do like how the yellows and blues look together. Dont you hate those ends... That and joing the blocks together.

• Replies 972
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Twinnish thanks for the encouragement. I might try one just to test it out cause I would love to make a lapgahn for my mom using the xmas squares in the book and I think there is a flower one in there for the xmas squares.

I now have 3 squares done for my gahn much to my surprise my b/f is actually loving my color choices and the squares that I picked to make. I'm hoping to get at least another one done tonight if my daughter allows me the time to crochet.

tracy, that is a lovely square! The colors are perfect, just in time for fall. Do you want to post it? Do you know how? I can post it for you if you want. The bearghan is super cute, too!

At long last, I've got the 'ghan completely joined.

Wow Claire!!!!! :yay I can´t believe it!!!:cheer It´s so beautiful!!!!! :c9 My God, I love your afghan!!!! No, I don´t see any ends, I just see a piece of art!!!!:manyheart CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Hi Vik! Thanks so much! Is your weather warming up? We've been had temps in the 70s (that's 21 in Celsius) lately. Yesterday it was 40 when I got up (4 C!). I'm not ready!

Good morning all:

Finished a few more squares last night. I have no idea how I managed to find the time though. My son had his guitar lesson and then we went to the local fall fair to see the demolition derby and the fireworks. The pictures of the new squares are in my photobucket link in the 200 CAL album.

:cat

cool sqaures Tracey. I love your colour scheme.

Here is the latest on my black and white number. I am making slow progress. I am not sure if this is going to be the final layout as I am still experimenting with different effects.

img9809im9.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Tracy, good for you for finishing more squares! Keep at it!

Cupcake, that's going to be awesome when it's done. The black and white is so unusual. It makes it look like modern art! Or those mobiles for babies that were all the rage ten or fifteen years ago.

i've come in very late reading about this swap.. are there 200 blocks in total and are they all different or are some repeated. what size do the blocks measure. and the blue and yellow one. magnificant!!!! can u tell i'm a blue and yellow girl. helen in aust

Hi everyone:

Well, I completed 4 or 5 more squares over the weekend. Will take pics of them tonight and upload them tomorrow.

I have quite a few "square" afghans on the go right now so I have started a ripple afghan just to break the monotony.

Also, a friend of mine has asked me to make him some macramed plant hangers for his new house (I haven't macramed in over 20 years. Sure hope I remember how)

Tracy, I can't wait to see your new squares. I hope you don't spend too long breaking the monotony! Those breaks tend to get away with a person! :D

Hi Helen!

Welcome to the CAL!

The book is 200 Crochet Blocks. I didn't use 200 blocks, I used fourteen of them, of which I made four each, plus a few more experimental blocks for trying out color combos, etc. I still have a few kicking around that didn't make the grade. I might have to make pillows out of 'em. My squares are about 7 1/2 inches square, give or take a half inch or so.

Good morning everyone

I uploaded the new squares into my Photobucket page. I made 6 new ones over the weekend.

The ripple afghan I was working on was bugging me, so I "frogged" it and started over again with another ripple pattern.

I have all the "friendship squares" in one place now so I may started edging them and sewing them together.

Hm, just wondering when I am going to find the time to do my laundry.

Oh well, at least I have my priorities in order

Woah, I'm so late in this!! I got the book from my local library and have been working on a rug with some of the squares from this book!! Ive been flicking through this thread for about an hour now, and all your rugs are beautiful! I cant wait to post piccies of mine.

Belinda xoxo

Belinda,

If your late, I'm way late, lol! I've got the book but have too many things going right now to really start on this so don't worry, I'll be along in a while and you'll be miles ahead of me!:shrug:sigh

Archived