Rose Filet Shawl (Do you see a rose? I don't see a rose!)

donnalynn2

After trying in vain twice to make something appropriate to wear to the big black tie dinner next Saturday I have failed once again!

This was my first attempt at Filet and although it was easy enough it didn't turn out well at all. I tried using size 3 Crochet Thread but I didn't like the feel of it so I used SS. My gauge was correct so I'm completely confused as to why this turned out this way. If you really look hard enough (kinda like those 3D posters) you should see something resembling a rose but it's not easy...

Click here for the pic

I'm going to start again this time with Royal Quick Crochet Thread (if I can find it in red tomorrow.)

Donna I see the rose I think you did a great job on it. I have done this pattern also and at first I couldn't make out the rose until I walked away from it.

Mary

I can see the rose too. I didn't have to look hard at all. :) It's very pretty, you did a great job.

I TOTALLY see the rose! It looks great! You did an awesome job on this... you just need to back up from it... you were probably going cross-eyed working on it, but it came out GREAT!!!!

Thanks everyone. Well maybe I won't have to make something else afterall... My DH said he couldn't see it either but maybe he was too close to it as well. I think I'll put on my black shirt and have DH take a pic of it on me and see how it looks.

Is your hubby color blind? (no unkindness intended) Mine is, and probably wouldn't see the rose, either. But it's definitely there, and should look great against the black!!!!:)

Archived