Rose Filet Shawl (Do you see a rose? I don't see a rose!)

donnalynn2

I saw the rose straight away Donna, you have done a beautiful job. Perhaps if you put a light color under it the rose would stand out more.

Cherish:manyheart

I agree with Cherish, I think it would really pop with white under it. I made my G'ma one of these a few years ago with a very thin chenille in black. Over a white shirt it was gorgeous.

I see the rose Donna, you did a great job...sometimes with filet, regardless of yarn or thread, it can be a bit of a challenge to see the pattern...this is really nice...and I would wear it.

i have to agree with lani.. block it .. it will show out better.. and i think some fringe would be nice.. if you fringed it in soemthign that had like black red and white.. maybe a ribbony type yarn or some matrix.. make it more dressy maybe even soem acrylic mohair .. or something with sparkle

Oh, I definately plan to add fringe, I just wasn't going to do it if I ended up frogging it. I'm going to have DH take a pic of me wearing it with my black top and then I'll decide.

Seeing as though my DH and I are the only ones having problems seeing it maybe I'll be able to wear it afterall!

Will post new pics this weekend.

Thanks everyone!

Wow it is beautiful! I saw the rose immediately. Donna I think it is very elegant, I am not sure why you are disspointed. Maybe you could do an edge of something with a bit of sparkle or some beads for the dinner?

I think this would look stunning with your black outfit.

Archived