Care Bear yeh right

Chiscrochetcrazy

This has been my Nemesis for the last 2 weeks :lol I have struggled so much to get it finished and finally I did it. It's for a friend who really needs some cheering up & she's nuts for Care Bears. I allready had the pattern book so I thought why not it would be perfect for her :hook Yeh right since the minute I picked it up it has haunted me and I usually love making toys really really love them. I have told everyone I know if I ever say I'm going to make another Care Bear to tell me don't do it, beg & plead whatever it takes just stop me :eek Really I hope she will cheer her new owner up since she is a Cheer Bear :)

cbfrontsm.jpg

I can't tell that you had a problem. It looks very cute and is coming from such a thoughtful friend:manyheart

It's cute. Was it just that you weren't motivated, and didn't want to do it? (I know the feeling, I've got a half dozen ufo's laying around here for just that reason.) :lol

Tina

It's cute. Was it just that you weren't motivated, and didn't want to do it? (I know the feeling, I've got a half dozen ufo's laying around here for just that reason.) :lol

Tina

That's exactly it :blush

The first time making something can be a challenge and sometimes a downer. Give yourself a BIG pat on the back for finishing it ........ it would have been easy to stop and put it down but you stuck with it ...... good for you!!!!

Your bear turned out really well! I had much the same problem with a set of Winnie the Pooh characters. I think I finished Eeyore's nose and part of Piglet's rear end before I lost it and bought my sister a gift certificate instead. I admire you for keeping at it.

This has been my Nemesis for the last 2 weeks :lol I have struggled so much to get it finished and finally I did it. It's for a friend who really needs some cheering up & she's nuts for Care Bears. I allready had the pattern book so I thought why not it would be perfect for her :hook Yeh right since the minute I picked it up it has haunted me and I usually love making toys really really love them. I have told everyone I know if I ever say I'm going to make another Care Bear to tell me don't do it, beg & plead whatever it takes just stop me :eek Really I hope she will cheer her new owner up since she is a Cheer Bear :)

cbfrontsm.jpg

I think she looks good. Your friend should really like her.

Hey, at least you didn't tell you friends to shoot you if you say you are making another one.:lol

Good job and very pretty.:hook

Thanks everyone :hug

Your bear turned out really well! I had much the same problem with a set of Winnie the Pooh characters. I think I finished Eeyore's nose and part of Piglet's rear end before I lost it and bought my sister a gift certificate instead. I admire you for keeping at it.

Renee I tried the Winnie the Pooh & it drove me batty, the legs were impossible :eek

Oh, that is so cute Alisha, I like the rainbow and the eyes!:manyheart ( Much as I think its so cute, I would have to force myself into making any bears, cats or dogs as the details will drive me nuts. Before, I was happily making stuff toys when my kids were small. :hook )

alisha, your cheer bear turned out awesome, i know that making them some times is a royal pain, but they are so darling, the reason you had trouble with winnie the phoo, was the pattern is messed up. even i had problems with it till i contacted annies attic and they sent me the necesary changes. good luck and hope your friend is cheered by her cheer bear:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Thank Mimi & Crochetfun :hug

Vicki I did email them and asked what the heck is wrong with the pattern & after a bit of an argument them saying no it's not messed up :think They sent me a better explanation but by then I was so irritated at the thing I couldn't force myself to try again :eek Maybe I'll email them again & find out if they have a new correction.

Alisha, you did a great job on the bear, I have the pattern for them and wanted to make the green one for St. Patty's. I hope I can get it done in time!!:clover

They're not really hard and I'll probably make another some day:lol Just alot of details and on the head I think they made it a little more compicated than it has to be :think It might just be because I make my own toy patterns and I like to make thing easier.

Good luck with it I really like the Green bear too can't wait to see your pic ;)

Archived