Yarn/thread cone holders

Katchkan

mythunderbird, Vicky asked if Marv, my husband could come up with a cone holder for her as she was tired of chasing them around the room. This is what he came up with.

coneholder2.jpgconeholder1.jpg

Talking to Vicky she mentioned that she would probably buy another one at a later date as she often used two threads together. Well Marv piped up that he could just make her a double stand for just a few dollars more. Save her in the long run. This is what he came up with and now I can't wait for mine.

He is currently working on revamping my other thread holder as he has a few ideas he wants to play with.

Conedoublestand.jpg

Conedstand.jpg

Oh my goodnes!!!! :eek

That is fabulous! Just this week I was wishing I had something to keep my cone yarn under control when I was working with it. This is perfect *and* good looking!

Is he planning on making more of these to sell:::hint hint hint::::

Holly

That's pretty cool! You're lucky that you've got a DH that embraces crochet and makes things to help out!!!

Just the other night my DH called it KNITTING again! I gave him the nastiest look and he said "oh, crochet, like there's a difference!" HELLO! There's a big difference! LOL

BTW, the other thread holder you posted a pic of last week I think it was, I saw almost the same thing for sale in a mag for $24.95 plus shipping and handling. Maybe he should go into business making these!!!

It looks great Kathy!! What a great hubby you have to put that together! Did he do all of the metal working himself? I remember making a candle holder for my Mum back in metal shop in school (yeah, I took metal and wood shop and the boys had to take sewing and cooking) that had similar looking design as the base! Ahhhh.....the memories! :)

If your husband decides to make more to sell, I would purchase one of each!!!

Me too! This is such an ELEGANT design too, much better than my current setup, which is a block of wood with 4 dowel rods screwed into it. It works okay, especially for the thread balls, but the dowels are a bit too thick for most of my cones. This would be so much better, and I LOVE the thread guides at the top, would make the strands come off the cones much more smoothly!. PLEASE let me know if he decides to sell these! I would definitely be in line for the double stand one. :c9

There is so much creativity flowing in that house of yours, isn't there?!

Marv and I have talked it over and since so many of you seem to be interested He say's he is willing to make some up to sell. As long as no one minds having one of a kinds. He say's each one will be slightly different but the same basic set up. When he gets a few made up we will post in the For Sale and Trade Forum. So keep an eye out for them there.

Marv and I have talked it over and since so many of you seem to be interested He say's he is willing to make some up to sell. As long as no one minds having one of a kinds. He say's each one will be slightly different but the same basic set up. When he gets a few made up we will post in the For Sale and Trade Forum. So keep an eye out for them there.

Mind? Are you kidding me?! Who in their right mind would MIND having a unique, one of a kind item as practical and beautiful as these??? :c9

I am so excited now! I will definitely be watching that forum! Thank you, both of you! :manyheart

Those are both gorgeous and so functional...I will be waiting to get one as well Kathy...what a lucky gal you are to have such a talented husband who makes such great things for you. IMHO, the more unique the better:)

My gosh you are a talented pair! Your kids had better make the most of the fabulous gene pool they have been bred from! :manyheart

i got my cone holders today and Omgosh, you guys who work with cones have got to buy one from him. this is so awesome. works extremely well and the price was not that bad.. thank you kathy and marv for making this work for me, now i can crochet at a faster rate of speed. it is a truly wonderful piece of art:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap thank you so much once again, well worth the money:manyheart :manyheart :manyheart

Archived