Shawl-Christmas present for boyfriend's mum - now with pattern

Cuddlefish

This is what I've made for my boyfriends mum. I kinda owe her; I stole her son away to another country, another continent in fact, and I have never even met her yet. I hope she doesn't hate me too much! Anyway, I hope this will at least make her feel that I know she's made a sacrifice, and that we didn't forget about her.

psmorssjal5sy.jpg

This is the little broche that's holding it together:

broche5vu.jpg

Wow! That's gorgeous! (as is all of your work). I'm so glad you've shared your work with us b/c I've really enjoyed seeing it all. I love the colors on this and was wondering what the yarn is made of? Is that an acrylic blend? It drapes very nicely. Great job!

What a great present! Should I convince my...ummm...significant other to move to American I can only hope that the present I make for his mum turns out half as nice!! Great job!!

Thank you all, that's very reassuring. :manyheart:hug

I won't meet her yet, we'll have to mail it to her.

I got the pattern from an old mag from the 60's. I won't have an opportunity to write it down for a few days, but since I didn't follow the pattern exactly (and there were mistakes in it) I don't see why I shouldn't be able to just tell you what the stitch combination that gives that star-effect is. I'll get back to it when I can. :)

Archived