2023 Boxing Day CAL ~ share your charity

babypoohsmom

On 9/19/2023 at 11:28 PM, babypoohsmom said:

Wow Brenda, you must be melting your loom at the pace you are making hats!  The first one in the first picture is super fun and bright. I need to stock the bag next to my chair in the living room. I watched football for about 2 hours last night and didn’t hook a single stitch. Unacceptable! 

That happens to me all the time watching football.  I just can't seem to concentrate on crocheting.  Hockey is just as bad.

• Haha 1

I can go and crochet now and fall asleep with a smile on my face.  KC won and dallas LOST.  My weekend is made.

Tomorrow is going to be a fun to watch Eagles vs. Bucs.  My old team against my new team.  :rofl

• Haha 1

good morning

glad you can sleep with a smile on your face  Mary Jo

sun is trying to shine, already was out to podiatry, I'm not clicking on the floor like a German Shepard, Word of the day is up. Have a great day. Lyn

Bucs lost last night, Eagles won.  It is a dilemma.  I like both teams.  Oh well.

Tonight you lucky people Hockey starts.  Well, it is the pre season games.

Beautiful day so far.  77 degrees, but 92% humidity.

Well, off to see what trouble I can get into.

• Like 1

I have picked up lots of out of print doll patterns over the years and I promise myself each donation year I'll attack some of them.  This year it was a baby doll newsprint leaflet from House of White Birches.  I often have trouble with baby doll sizes but since this one was fairly simple fitting it wasn't too challenging.

16" Baby Doll Summer Dress

• Like 1

Mary Jo, this is my favorite time of year. Not because of pumpkin spice or Christmas music, but because we have hockey and football. Christmas cookies don’t make me fat, watching sports does. Maybe I should have a tv that only plays sports channels if I power it by a treadmill. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Mary Jo, this is my favorite time of year. Not because of pumpkin spice or Christmas music, but because we have hockey and football. Christmas cookies don’t make me fat, watching sports does. Maybe I should have a tv that only plays sports channels if I power it by a treadmill. 

Denise: Yeah I love the no calorie cookies.  Well, you have to sit down to watch sports, cause you might miss something.  I like that idea of the treadmill and sports channels.  Thanks for the laugh.

The gal that I used to work with is having huge problems since I left and has lost her cro-jo as a side effect. She made the Harry Potter clothes a year or so go. She saw this pattern on line today and thinks she is going to try it. She needs her yarn time back. I hope she goes for it! IMG_2642.thumb.jpeg.bda02abe9a90a174b13a644073502693.jpeg

• Like 2

Lots to Love 8" Baby Doll Thread Dress with Jacket

This was one of those odd patterns that wasn't quite for this doll but once I found the right thread and hook I really did like the outcome.

I hope your friend does get back into crocheting again.  I have a set of Wizard of Oz patterns but other than Dorothy not sure I've made any of them.

Edited by Bailey4
  • Like 1

Love the Wizard of OZ pattern.  I saw it for small 5" dolls, but not the big ones.

Somestime Chris it just takes playing with the pattern or yarn or even hook.

Here is the last outfit for this doll, to go in the box.  It is a sun suit.  I remember wearing these as a little kid in the summer at the beach or lake.  She already to put her feet in the water or dig in the sand.  She even has her own beach bag.

sunsuit 0.jpg

Edited by Tampa Doll
  • Like 3

On 10/1/2023 at 4:38 PM, babypoohsmom said:

The gal that I used to work with is having huge problems since I left and has lost her cro-jo as a side effect. She made the Harry Potter clothes a year or so go. She saw this pattern on line today and thinks she is going to try it. She needs her yarn time back. I hope she goes for it! IMG_2642.thumb.jpeg.bda02abe9a90a174b13a644073502693.jpeg

Oh these doll outfits are amazing! Great themed dolls for sure.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 7:45 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Love the Wizard of OZ pattern.  I saw it for small 5" dolls, but not the big ones.

Somestime Chris it just takes playing with the pattern or yarn or even hook.

Here is the last outfit for this doll, to go in the box.  It is a sun suit.  I remember wearing these as a little kid in the summer at the beach or lake.  She already to put her feet in the water or dig in the sand.  She even has her own beach bag.

sunsuit 0.jpg

Such a pretty sun suit and the matching beach bag completes the outfit so nicely!

• Like 1

I turned these two in this morning and they were immediately picked up along with the remaining ones on our rack.  They are becoming more open to using different weights of yarn.  Up until now they have stuck with worsted weight but we get donations and often has multiple weights.  The pink and black one I turned in last time as well as this red, black and white one were dk yarn.  The lady in charge made one with a heavy weight yarn and was pleased with mine and hers.  Today they discussed making triangle or rounded shawls thinking we could make them faster.  The main lady that hands them out gives people a choice.  We had a small triangle one in one of the yarn donation bags and she found someone that it was exactly what they wanted. 20231007_143417.thumb.jpg.825d7698bfb0dc6f2b2bef55c802c757.jpg

20231007_143748.thumb.jpg.43d5557819c5f9a540fd040bab1dc009.jpg

• Like 2