2023 Boxing Day CAL ~ share your charity

babypoohsmom

Brenda, you have outdone yourself. Love the one with the two shades of purple! 

And just to add to the packing ninja stories. My brother put a 55” tv in his Scion IQ (basically a smart car) still in the box! 

• Haha 1

yesterday, I sat down with ball and yarn and hook, it was slow, going but I did get a scarf started, certainly didn't want to lose that craft,  right after the scope and when they found the clots in my lung, my handwriting was that of a stroke patient, I kept two comparision papers to show the dr., I think what helped to get the writing back was I am a writer everyday puzzles, journaling random thought, I have a whole book,what a difference its made in a wks time.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pineknott said:

yesterday, I sat down with ball and yarn and hook, it was slow, going but I did get a scarf started, certainly didn't want to lose that craft,  right after the scope and when they found the clots in my lung, my handwriting was that of a stroke patient, I kept two comparision papers to show the dr., I think what helped to get the writing back was I am a writer everyday puzzles, journaling random thought, I have a whole book,what a difference its made in a wks time.

Awesome!

• Like 1

On 12/16/2023 at 9:04 PM, babypoohsmom said:

Just finished this guy tonight!

IMG_2738.thumb.jpeg.ea4d6df6e78da5fb521290530c0b21de.jpegIMG_2739.thumb.jpeg.1a48b12105ce8b986a3d7c9e5821c862.jpeg

Awww so very cute and lovable!  I am looking forward to trying out this pattern and lovey idea. I did buy some ponytail ties to get started. Now just looking for some stuffed animals that will fit the project.

Tonight I don’t know if this is a  football or hockey hat. We had football on the tv and hockey on XM. I used yarn that I know was meant for knitting because of the self striping feature, but there it was! There is enough for another hat for sure. 

IMG_2746.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Tonight I don’t know if this is a  football or hockey hat. We had football on the tv and hockey on XM. I used yarn that I know was meant for knitting because of the self striping feature, but there it was! There is enough for another hat for sure. 

IMG_2746.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg

that turned out really nice, luv the front post work, that was the hardest thing I conquered in crochet

17 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

IMG_2746.jpeg

IMG_2745.jpeg

Very nice! I love the stitch pattern and the colors turned out great.

3 hours ago, babypoohsmom said:

Hey Lyn, I’ll trade you front post double crochet for foundation single crochet. I have tried that so many times. I end up with a big knot! 

Oh yeah.  I'm with you there.  That and Tunisian.

• Haha 1

So….I made a 2nd hat but didn’t want to use white yarn again. So I found a leftover ball of gold. However, it wasn’t enough, so just before the ribbing, I switched to dark brown. The bit of yarn in the picture is all I have left of the partial skein I started with. Two hats, no leftovers.(except the dark brown ball)IMG_2747.thumb.jpeg.8f054b57fc11fce28eb8f6675c42a0c0.jpeg

Edited by babypoohsmom
  • Like 1

Hi Mona, the hat is just double crochets down to the brim and then I do front post, back post to make the ribbing. Two strands with a J hook. 
I took my dad to church tonight and since the weather is nice, I just sat in the parking lot and started another hat. I just finished it and the Bills/Chargers game is just finishing up. This is the same vanilla pattern. Really, really bad lighting. This hat is not as dark as it looks. IMG_2748.thumb.jpeg.429b7121fdd8a98659e3b6a9dfea5388.jpeg