2023 Boxing Day CAL ~ share your charity

babypoohsmom

On 11/14/2023 at 7:43 PM, bgs said:

Turned these in today.20231109_122745.thumb.jpg.58a1a38b17aff862f0ad662c8b694554.jpg

20231109_123218.thumb.jpg.1f0a6b2fe8b5ecacf461941b80eb994d.jpg

20231109_124009.thumb.jpg.ffbd81d8d47b8a9bc02f518ae4c8a3dc.jpg

20231109_124148.thumb.jpg.e437a541dab6790ab2f33443e9510ec7.jpg

20231109_124351.thumb.jpg.0848f65610aed71f81e31541b60e28ea.jpg

Such beautiful work and each one is so pretty! You sure have created some wonderful shawls and wraps that will be such a blessing to those who receive them.

Heard from one of the students in the business program today.  We are scheduled for a December 7 drop off date.  I have no idea where this year has gone.  This is one of the latest dates in years but it still seems so early. 

Working on a couple of Pilgrim My Life dresses for a couple little girls on Thanksgiving day, so I think after that I will be on to 2024.  I still have some outfits that I have pictures taken but I need to write up for 2023 but I don't think I'll be adding more to the donation.  I need to start getting the stuff more organized so it can be boxed for the trip.

Happy days got the feeding kits for next year's three bigger baby dolls for less than I paid last year through a deal on Amazon.  Also got the Glitter Girl dolls a camping set to go with the camping stuff I will be making again next year!!!

Some days it takes so little to cheer me up.  Still holding out for a Walmart My Life sale.

I dont know how much hassle it is to set up a Walmart + account but for those that do it looks like you can order some My Life dolls for $15 on Nov 22.  Dont know how fast they go as one I looked at said it was in 200+ shopping carts.  

• Like 1

What an interesting marketing ploy.  I was curious why when Target has had the Our Generation dolls which are generally more expensive than the My Life on sale consistently all fall, yet Walmart who is pretty good about price matching failed to bring down the My Life dolls.  Sure enough they are using it to bring in Walmart +. Not sure if I can convince DH that another service is worth it just for the donation.

I'm starting to sort through the doll bags making sure I didn't put the wrong items in the wrong bag.  I still have to get to the Lots to Love 14", the Our Generation Girl, the Little Cuties doll, the Rag doll, and the nightmare that is currently the Barbie bags.

I was pleased stuff has stayed in the respective bags.  I have a few that overflowed so there are some random stuff that has to be placed again.  Once I mark the bags sorted DH is going to box the stuff as he is an amazing packer.  I either pick a too small or too large box.  He can manage to get stuff to fit really well.

The Barbie bags are a challenge mostly of goodies. I found a variety of furniture, accessories, shoes, etc. at the dollar store this year and I bought stuff for each of the characters so there is a lot of "stuff" to leave with the dolls on top of the dolls and their clothing. They even had a line of stuff specific to Chelsea.  I got ski stuff for Barbie.  Once I get it properly sorted and bagged it will be fine, but at a certain point I just dumped stuff in the accessory bags to be sorted later. Well later is here and I can't say Barbie day is shining bright on my calendar.

• Haha 1

Down to my last 3 doll donation for 2023 as I'm getting the bags organized for DH to box.  It's hard to believe we've finished another year already.  Almost finished with the second Pilgrim My Life dress I need for a friend's girls for Thanksgiving day.  Then I have to decide where to start for 2024.

This was a Mary Maxim kit.

Our Generation Mermaid

• Like 2

My Life Mermaid

This is the pattern of the two I'll likely make again.  In the home stretch of the final Pilgrim dress for tomorrow.  The meal is late afternoon so I have a little wiggle room for finishing touches but I'd like to finish it off today.  Still working on arms, finishing the bonnet and a few final touches on the collar.

I found a cute camping set for the boy Our Generation that I added to this year's donation and it keeps selling out when I try to buy it for next year. I had it in my cart and it was gone before check out today.

Stubbornness pays off.  Set a timer on my phone for when Walmart + Early deals ended to see if they'd continue with the price drop to $15 for the My Life Dolls and I was able to buy the 2024 Dolls for the sale price without having to buy Walmart +!!!!

35 minutes ago, Bailey4 said:

Stubbornness pays off.  Set a timer on my phone for when Walmart + Early deals ended to see if they'd continue with the price drop to $15 for the My Life Dolls and I was able to buy the 2024 Dolls for the sale price without having to buy Walmart +!!!!

AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Edited by bgs

I tried to order dolls and of course I could put them in the cart, but at checkout they would say out of stock. Finally found 3 in stock and went to check out with free shipping only to find that AFTER I hit checkout, one doll dropped off and they added a shipping fee. Gah. 

Got the Barbie mess sorted this weekend.  2024 each Barbie family member gets his/her own bag.  It will make life so much easier.

DH got busy doing outdoor work this weekend since the weather has stayed snow free so I decided to use a couple of small boxes that arrived over the weekend and packed Ken and the Lots to Love 8" Baby doll as they don't have lots of bulky stuff and they fit into fairly flat boxes that the other dolls just won't use.

I have officially started work on the 2024 donations.  The individual bags are tied up until the packing is finished so everything will go into one bag to be distributed once the 2023 donations are boxed.

I'm starting with simple stuff as this time of year is just busy.  I brought this project with me through my Thanksgiving travels as it was easy to pick up and stop and I finished it up Friday.

16 Inch Baby Doll Snuggle Snack

• Like 1

I find doll donation deals at the oddest places some times.  A few years back I found some great deals at Macy's.  I never shop at Macy's but they had a bunch of really good doll deals. Haven't found much of use recently but I keep checking now because there was that time....

Since my hands won't tolerate working with multiple stands anymore I've been picking up the bassinets for the baby dolls as they are a good place to store the dolls when the kids aren't playing with them and for families with tight spaces storage is a good idea with toys.

Today I was looking for a bassinet I originally found at a huge sale at a Christian bookstore for the Lots to Love 14" doll.  It was great at the sale price but pricey at full price.  Since then each year I've hunted around to try to catch a good sale price.  Of all places Barnes & Noble had it on sale today and I picked up 2 no worries for a couple of years trying to find one at a good price.

The Flamenco dress is the only pattern for the dolls that I have mastered. Why mess with success? Just make different colors. I did few matching hats this year. Easier than I thought. Maybe I will try shoes. Oh the possibilities of the new year. 

• Like 1

Well, I have started on 2024 also, so it looks like we are stuck with each other for another year! Tonight I finished a simple lovie. I used RHSS for the green and big twist for the red. The green isn’t very soft, so I am going to wash this one to see if it softens up. 

IMG_2725.jpeg

IMG_2727.jpeg

• Like 2