2023 Boxing Day CAL ~ share your charity

babypoohsmom

8 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

My Life Rivulets

I decided to target the binder I've made of Darski's 18 inch clothes patterns this year and realized a few I thought I'd made I never in fact did make.  This was one of them.

I like that one but dont think I have done the dress.  I use that shawl pattern quite a bit.

Edited by bgs

Turned these two in today.  Thought I might get caught up on moving out yarn by getting these done but brought about same amount of yarn back.  Some one had donated a couple of bags that had baby yarn and some mandela cakes and the head lady knows I use it for other projects.  20230805_161930.thumb.jpg.6d59f1ef9acca3f218638acfe388b3ee.jpg

20230805_161417.thumb.jpg.19194563f33983aeada6f4ec1489fe0e.jpg

• Like 2

I am loving everything I am seeing.

I have my box all closed up and ready to ship to Chris.

This will be in next year's box.  It is knitted, but I needed a picture of me knitting for my friend in England, so I decided to finish the outfit.  It is a 15 inch doll.

Charity 2024.jpg

• Like 3

Hi all, sorry I have been MIA, but I have been super busy. And a little sick, so my first month of retirement has been a bit less than prefect. I also had a job opportunity come up that I could not pass up. It’s 2 days in office and 3 days remote with a very healthy salary. I can work a few more years and stash the 2nd income away for a real retirement that includes a new car and some vacations. So I start back to work on Sept 5th. 

• Like 2

This shawl is near and dear to my heart it went to a friend of ours from Church who has been in and out of the hospital trying to get the surgeons to "fix" some surgery they didn't somehow get right the first time.

Finished the yarn is amazingly soft and it does make you want to snuggle with it.  I saw a picture posted with her with it in the hospital and it made me want to cry as this is why we make them to provide comfort in times of need.

However, just an FYI this yarn splits constantly so be on your guard.  I'm making a second shawl for a family member and I took a break from it to hit the doll project but the second one is just as much fun as the first in regards to splitting but I'd walk through the desert for this woman so it is well worth the challenge.

Next to You Prayer Shawl

• Like 2

That is so cute, Chris.

By the way, the box is on it's way you should get it tomorrow.  I know it is early, but I wanted to get it out, so I would stop tripping over it.

Oh, it is packed tight.

• Like 1

A big thank you going out to Tampa Doll.  Her donation box arrived this week and today the weather was finally good enough to be outside to take pictures.  The puppy likes to get into everything so having him inside while I take pictures outside tends to be working for now.

As always the box was ready to split open with her amazing creations.  The kids will be so blessed to have them this Christmas.

It is a bright light to see such generous hearts making stuff for kids they'll never know.

Pictures to be continued

Tampa Doll Blanket Donation 2 2023.jpg

Tampa Doll Blanket Donation 2023.jpg

Tampa Doll Our Generation Donation 2023.jpg

Tampa Doll Ami Donation 2023.jpg

Tampa Doll Our Generation Donation2 2023.jpg

Tampa Doll Donation 2023.jpg

Tampa Doll Donation Lots to Love 10 inch Baby Doll.jpg

Tampa Doll Lots to Love 10 Inch Baby Doll Red Dress Donation 2023.jpg

• Like 3

Glad everything made it ok.  I was worried about it breaking open. :roflI packed it, instead of DH.  

Cloudy and waiting for rain.  Got mega yesterday afternoon.  Filled the pool right up.

Watching last nights football game between the Eagles and the Browns.  They were showing the new Eagles uniforms and stuff.  They went back to the Kelly green.  Looks good.

Well off to start an afghan I am making for my Niece's daughter.

Have a fun day.

• Like 2

Today I decided to log off of everything and re-open. Of course, I missed a LOT of posts. For some reason my iPad just stops updating at some point.
Wow, you have all been so busy. It’s amazing.  I have been trying to do some rescue sewing and get things sorted/thrown away from my old office. I accumulated way too many trinkets. 

• Like 1