2023 Boxing Day CAL ~ share your charity

babypoohsmom

On 2/15/2023 at 5:51 AM, Bailey4 said:

One of the wonders of the doll donation project is holiday outfits don't have to be finished for this year's holiday as they are going out in this Christmas donation's box so a late entry to a pre-Christmas holiday not a deal breaker. 

Rag Doll A Dress for February

Cute rag doll and the dress is adorable on her!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bailey4 said:

Adoring Dolls has some very affordable 18 and 14" doll patterns that I've been collecting over the years.

This was one of my Christmas presents that I finished for the donation.

My Life Robbie Lynn Spring Dress

I am doing her Valentine dress this month, 3 of the outfits for Christmas gifts this year.  Her patterns are so easy to follow!

• Like 1

Wow you guys are moving along.  I am trying to knit a winter sweater and hat and coat for 18" doll.  It was a kit I bought and I am ready to toss it out the window.  They have v neck in the front and back of the sweater.  I called, but they said that was right?  I know it is going to drive me nuts.

Just a reminder that the Wish List is now open.  Come and join us.  Even if you only want snail mail or as simple as a pot holder.

• Like 1

I'm working with a group of folks to donate to a family services charity in April, and I am getting a head start.

This cowl is so plush and the stitch pattern is very pretty. It's actually the Braindead Afghan pattern.

cowl 1.jpg

cowl 2.jpg

• Like 4

Turned these in yesterday.  Last time dh dropped them off (we drop off by garage door) lady was coming out and told him the shelter really appreciated getting these.  I have been looming them on my Knifty Knitter hat loom using two strands worsted weight yarn that came from culling out odds and ends from prayer shawl room.  Last thing I needed to do was bring yarn home but there's just that part of me that hates to see it sent to thrift store or trashed when I know I can make hats for the shelter.  

20230305_094355.thumb.jpg.80bf48203e126002943a47f87b09a8ae.jpg

20230305_094730.thumb.jpg.379769714d79da1cec969688db28d61d.jpg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, YarnyBoy said:

I'm working with a group of folks to donate to a family services charity in April, and I am getting a head start.

This cowl is so plush and the stitch pattern is very pretty. It's actually the Braindead Afghan pattern.

cowl 1.jpg

cowl 2.jpg

Really nice.  

3 hours ago, YarnyBoy said:

A bright and cheery cowl! Someone is going to just love receiving this.

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Turned these in yesterday.  Last time dh dropped them off (we drop off by garage door) lady was coming out and told him the shelter really appreciated getting these.  I have been looming them on my Knifty Knitter hat loom using two strands worsted weight yarn that came from culling out odds and ends from prayer shawl room.  Last thing I needed to do was bring yarn home but there's just that part of me that hates to see it sent to thrift store or trashed when I know I can make hats for the shelter.  

Such a great batch of hats! I love all the colors and how you matched them together.

I've been acquiring patterns for the 18" boy doll as parts of sets for several years and I'd hoped to pick up a My Life Boy Doll at some point to try out for the donation but I could never get one before they disappeared.  This year I found an Our Generation one on sale and got one for the donation and one as a model.

First up his entry into the swim suit project.

Our Generation Boy Swim Suit

• Like 3

Wow, I don’t know why I am still shocked when I see all of the amazing, fun work here. As for me, I got bit by a feral cat on 2/20 (my fault, he was injured and trapped and I was all “hey sweetie”). Anyway wound up in the hospital the next day getting an IV antibiotic and then 10 days of horse pills that tore my stomach up. Got better then got upper respiratory crud. Due to bad tests and my inability to think straight, I thought it was Covid. Still feeling icky so I have not done much crocheting or sewing. But I have been spying on you all and love everything. 
Brenda, I love that you “rescue” yarn for hats. I like funky color combinations. Sometimes is surprising what looks good together. I never got the groove of the loom hats, but my mom really liked making them.  I somehow have 2 sets of round looms. I guess if it is yarn-related, I’ll buy it and try it. 
Thanks for all of the shares. Hopefully I’ll have something soon. 

Edited by babypoohsmom