2023 Boxing Day CAL ~ share your charity

babypoohsmom

Chris I got a wonderful thank you card from Aztec Wishes.  It makes me pause and wonder how many lives are touched by the things we make for charity.  For the most part we never know but it makes me happy thinking about it.  

• Like 1

On 12/28/2022 at 8:17 AM, Tampa Doll said:

Yes I did make you one and I do have a Crochetville Bag and no I did not give myself one.  bgs took her bag counted all the stitches and even on the pocket and made me one.  The funny thing is I would of given her the graph no questions asked.  But bgs wanted to give me one as a surprise, hence the 100A.  It sits next to me in my corner.

That definitely made it 100 % special

once I get my strength back, I hope to go full throttle on a craft-capade, wanted to send my nests out to NYC, but body had other plans, want to try my hand on sewing machine dresses, since my crochet wearables are limited to hats and scarves, big plans will see what this body lets me do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bgs said:

Chris I got a wonderful thank you card from Aztec Wishes.  It makes me pause and wonder how many lives are touched by the things we make for charity.  For the most part we never know but it makes me happy thinking about it.  

I was thinking about that on Christmas morning.  It just felt good to know not only the kids but the parents must have felt good to know the stuff was there.  It is a truly amazing project to see how much it touches the families it serves and the high school kids who run it.

While I generally focus on the younger kids as I'm making the doll stuff when we drop off I'm reminded at the importance of how our donations touch the high school population as well.  They feel supported and encouraged in their work. This project really does impact them. 

They go out and visit the families for drop off and from the stories I've heard it really does help them have more compassion and understanding that while many of them are far from well off in this area, there are always others who have bigger life challenges. Especially in an era where kids are constantly comparing how little they have to people on the Internet this helps remind them that there are always those who they have the power to help no matter how many life challenges of their own they might be facing.

They are submitting this project for a service project contest I believe for tech schools.  I was amazed that a freshman is taking lead on the project.  She is someone who has the potential to do amazing things in this world.  I couldn't imagine having the confidence and organization this girl had 4 months into the first year of high school.

• Like 1

Omg the Moses baskets are so cute.
Lyn, I also have high hopes for 2024. Since I no longer have a job that was literally crushing my soul, I hope to have more energy. My craft room, which is out of control, needs to be gutted. 
I have the new CAL open, so jump over any time. 

• Like 1

Here is my last charity item for the year. It's a RR baby blanket that will be given to the local hospital nursery along with quilts from my Stitchers group in my community.

YellowBabyRoundRipple.thumb.JPG.a34fd2028cfacb41c1774ce6e419255f.JPG

It's been fun seeing all the wonderful projects for charity this year. See you all next year!

• Like 1