greyhoundgrandma

Scores for the week ending 10/16/2021:

Gold Medal Winner:  Ellie 13  +3

Silver Medal Winner:  PBLKNP  +2  and Inkked0317  +2

Bronze Medal Winner:  pineknott  +1

Holding Steady!  greyhoundgrandma  0 

No Shoot the Moon Winner this week!
Have a wonderful week, everyone!

:crocheting  the rest of the squares for the baby afghan together, made lots of pumpkin/spider/ghost pins. I took the bus/subway to my parents. I started :crocheting stuffed spiders during the trip. I used 5 balls of :yarn (+5) :yay . Mom and I went to Michael's because I needed green and black :yarn and eyes for the stuffed spiders. I only got the 2 skeins, even though it was buy 1 get 1 50% off (- 4) :( . I'm staying the weekend and we're going to my sister's tomorrow. The forecast for Sat. is  :sun   in the upper 50's (low 60's maybe) so it'll be nice for the BBQ. I brought 7 jars of India relish and made 2 lbs. fudge. Mom cooked the potatoes so I'll make potato salad tonight. I might get some more :crocheting in and get my points back.

WTD: +1  YTD: + 95

Ellie 13

I managed to use up one more skein for the blanket. I’m also working on the crochet-along Tunisian Entralac scarf, which has proven to be a lot of fun! Our crochet-along group meets Monday nights via Zoom. 

WTD = +2

I got a little more :crocheting in, but didn't use any more :yarn. My parent 65th anniversary BBQ yesterday was great. I had just gotten over a cold, so I wore a mask around the grandnieces (6 weeks - 6 yrs.). I couldn't  :hug everyone, so I took lots of pics (not the same :(). In the afternoon we did ZOOM for those couldn't be there. Some old friends/family logged in from out of state. Even though I didn't do a lot of :crocheting , it was a great weekend.

WTD:  + 1   YTD:  + 95

Ellie 13

Edited by Ellie 13

This week was a blur of packing, prepping, last minute honey-do's, and intentional & focused family time. Didn't touch yarn once. But Hubs has now arrived safely at his new home for the next year and the kids & I are figuring out life at home without him until this deployment is over. 

Sorry I'm running so late with the scores. Internet went out right after lunch and just came back on.

Scores for the week ending 10/23/21:

Gold Medal Winner: PBLKNP +2

Silver Medal Winner: Ellie 13 +1

Holding Steady:

Inkked0317 0

Shoot the Moon Winner: greyhoundgrandma -14

No scores yet :think ? Well I got + 1 :yay . I used some, was given some and gave some away. I used my dad's computer last week and I got an e-mail from Crochetville asking if it was me. Keeping out hackers or something:think . 

WTD: + 1   YTD: +  96 

Ellie 13

I went Trick or Treating Sun. night. I collected a lot of things for the food pantry and money for UNICEF. I did some :crocheting . I made some more baby hats and finished the baby afghan. I used 3 small balls (+3) :cheer . I'm going to make a stuffed turkey and some turkey pins. That should use up some scrap :yarn .

WTD: + 3    YTD: +  99    Not 100 yet :sigh.

Ellie 13

I’ve been working on my Tunisian Crochet Entralac infinity scarf, but the enormous skein is still going strong. I’m also getting nearer to finishing the knitted afghan, and used up a skein on that, so:

Stashbuster Total: WTD  +2  YTD -40 

:manyheart

So far I've made 20 turkey pins and 4 stuffed turkeys (have orders for 6 more). I used up 2 balls and rolled a skein (+ 4) :yay . I'm over 100 for the YTD :cheer . I have today and tomorrow off, so I'm going to make as many stuffed turkey as possible before I run out of brown :yarn .

WTD: + 4   YTD: + 103

Ellie 13

• Like 1

I'm proud of myself. I went to a moving sale yesterday. There were two garbage bags and a large plastic tote of yarn and I held strong and resisted. It helped that there were not a lot of full skeins, lots of rolled balls with no labels, and a lot of what I call specialty/weird yarn.

• Haha 1