Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

I pulled apart one of my c2c false starts and redid it c2c in the round.  Then added the skein to it that had the same colors but a little brighter.  The yarns feel a little different but okay especially if its going to be a doll blanket.  Not sure exactly where its going yet.  There are at least 3 possibilities.  The other c2c false start is still laying there waiting to see what I figure out. I am sure I will have to pull at least some of it out.  Meanwhile I did another 2 skeins in c2c round and need to decide if I should add another color to it to make it a little larger.  Then I started another one to see how far that yarn goes.  At least working in the round I can work the yarn as far as it goes and add to where it looks ok.

We had thunderstorms last night and today has been a chilly cloudy day.  Had to switch back from ac to heat.

• Like 1

Learn something new every day! I did not know you could C2C in the round!

Glad the yarn is working out that way.

Same weather here, but not quite that cool.

Older DS is coming for a visit today and then late this afternoon I'll have the grands for a while. So I guess it's time to get the day started.

It's seemed like a long week with not much accomplished, but I'm tired anyway. Went to Lowe's and Walmart today. Bought a new grill which DS put together as soon as I got home. I spent 5 days waiting for the AC company to come put freon in one of the central units. It has been cooler so it wasn't really a problem except for being available in case they came that day.

Yesterday's appointment with the estate lawyer got canceled since he wasn't feeling well. I got my gardenia planted in the yard and a dahlia in a bigger pot. The grands and DIL came over and played a while and then went swimming.

The first of the week has faded into a blur. LOL This weekend's project since it never happened this week is getting all the "stuff" out of the laundry room in anticipation of putting in a new washer and dryer when/if the washer becomes available.

I haven't gotten motivated enough to start on a new crochet project. Maybe that will happen this weekend, too.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

It's seemed like a long week with not much accomplished, but I'm tired anyway. Went to Lowe's and Walmart today. Bought a new grill which DS put together as soon as I got home. I spent 5 days waiting for the AC company to come put freon in one of the central units. It has been cooler so it wasn't really a problem except for being available in case they came that day.

Yesterday's appointment with the estate lawyer got canceled since he wasn't feeling well. I got my gardenia planted in the yard and a dahlia in a bigger pot. The grands and DIL came over and played a while and then went swimming.

The first of the week has faded into a blur. LOL This weekend's project since it never happened this week is getting all the "stuff" out of the laundry room in anticipation of putting in a new washer and dryer when/if the washer becomes available.

I haven't gotten motivated enough to start on a new crochet project. Maybe that will happen this weekend, too.

You had a very long and busy week.  

Went to new dentist yesterday.  Dh needs 3 fillings and two crowns. I need two crowns and a filling.  My large 40 year old fillings are failing.  Better to do crown now rather than waiting for root canals and possibly lose so much tooth they couldnt do a crown.  So not looking forward to it.

They are going to open most everything back up at the Village June 1.  Mask mandates are being lifted all around and Village lifted it for independent living this evening.  

Our new neighbor went to prayer shawl.  She had crocheted a little a long time ago.  They gave her a hook and yarn to practice with.  Ran into her on our way to lunch today and asked how it was coming along.  She is having some problems so I told her I would help her.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bgs said:

You had a very long and busy week.  

Went to new dentist yesterday.  Dh needs 3 fillings and two crowns. I need two crowns and a filling.  My large 40 year old fillings are failing.  Better to do crown now rather than waiting for root canals and possibly lose so much tooth they couldnt do a crown.  So not looking forward to it.

They are going to open most everything back up at the Village June 1.  Mask mandates are being lifted all around and Village lifted it for independent living this evening.  

Our new neighbor went to prayer shawl.  She had crocheted a little a long time ago.  They gave her a hook and yarn to practice with.  Ran into her on our way to lunch today and asked how it was coming along.  She is having some problems so I told her I would help her.

Sympathies on the crowns. No fun at all. But at least, as you said, it's crowns and not root canals.

MS does not have a mask mandate any more, but lots of stores still require them. Hopefully it will slowly be fewer and fewer. I don't know how the people that have jobs requiring masks to be worn all day have done it. I end up with a headache after a few hours.

Mona I think getting the right mask makes all the difference.  We found ones at Old Navy that have very soft elastic and a slide to adjust them. They were 3 layers of cotton, all kinds of prints. They were very inexpensive.  5 masks in a pack for $12.95 and they have run them half off.  I hated sewing them and I hated the elastic I had.  

Our state didnt have mask mandate.  Cities and counties in urban areas did.  Rural areas not so much.  It was hard keeping track if you needed one or not.

Edited by bgs

Sat I shampooed carpet while dh went to dulcimer.  Its small so didnt take long but made me sore and tired.  We can call and have it done at no charge once a year so could have had it cleaned since last Sept.  But with covid there was really no where to go hangout while they cleaned and I had kept my shampooer for now.  Then I spent the afternoon making a batch of homemade dinner rows and cooking a big pot of pasta.  Dh had an afternoon bonsai board meeting on zoom.  Also managed to get a walk in.  Trying to walk every day even if its just over to lunch.

Yesterday morning about 9 am got a call from our pastor wanting to know if some people could drop lunch off to us.  They were having a service Sun where they were going to do things in the community and then meet back at church for lunch.  It was very humbling. They drove nearly 50 miles one way on the interstate in pouring down rain.  So glad restriction on us having company had been lifted.  Lunch was good but it was wonderful visiting with the four that came.  We were blown away.  We hadnt gone there very long, didnt get very involved, dont have deep pockets, not really anyone special and tried not to get too attached because we knew we were moving.  We had just decided that we were going to start going back in two weeks.

Brenda...sounds like my house...I'm running around all day, and DH does a little something to help in the house in the AM and then is done for the day...LOL!

That was so incredibly wonderful for the church members to do that! It's something you'll never forget.

Finished a crib blanket for my "just in case" gift pile. The color is Minty....loved working with it.

Attic24 cosy blanket pattern 

20210518_185239.jpg

• Like 1

Brenda, that definitely sounds like a great supportive church family.

Judy, the mint is very pretty!

I walked around the block with the kids late yesterday (need to be doing that every day) after having the apt with the estate lawyer. Business partner and I had a bombshell from the accountant Monday, had to come up with a big estimated payment to go with the extension he's getting. Off to the dermatologist for a check up today, then the grands for a little while tonight. My new tv table was delivered yesterday, got it unpacked, hopefully I'll get it put together tomorrow. Then I'll have the grands all day Friday.

Still haven't tackled the laundry room and I've got company probably coming in a few weeks so stuff to do for that. And there definitely needs to be come crochet time in there somewhere.

Hope everyone has a good hump day!

• Like 1

Mona I have been trying to get started walking some every day even if its over to lunch--we can now eat at the Village restaurants again.  Yesterday I walked with sis. Today we went and worked in her adopted flower beds at her church----set out the banana tree, pulled weeds, drug mulch, trimmed bushes, and drug trimmings to brush pile.  We are in a holding pattern of cloudy rainy days.

Judy nice blanket.  Going to have to remember that pattern for a prayer shawl.

• Like 1

You know you live in a small town/county when......the mayor sents a message on the town's whatsapp that the sheriff needs 9 more jurors if anyone can come after lunch. I went but after sitting around about 30 minutes they told us it had been resolved--I assume that means a plea agreement. Didn't even find out what the case was. LOL

It's definitely warm this week and the nights aren't cooling off much either. It's too early for summer to start!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

You know you live in a small town/county when......the mayor sents a message on the town's whatsapp that the sheriff needs 9 more jurors if anyone can come after lunch. I went but after sitting around about 30 minutes they told us it had been resolved--I assume that means a plea agreement. Didn't even find out what the case was. LOL

It's definitely warm this week and the nights aren't cooling off much either. It's too early for summer to start!

That's a good one Mona! It used to be like that here years ago. I was a clerk at Justice Court and the judge asked me if I would be able to sit as a juror on Grand Jury Indictment. I said sure, if he can get someone to sit with my kids. We're the county seat here, but it was only once a week then. Needless to say, they didn't call me for that, but, the next day I got a summons for jury duty for Superior Court. I was excused because of being a court clerk. LOL.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, peeps! Just checking in to say hi....

Still working on "garden look" squares, using yellow, pink, frosty green and ending with white. When I run out of the pink I'll see what other colors I'll uses for fill in squares

Having a devil of a time with current prayer shawl.  I have pulled out enough stitches to make it 3 times by now.  Was trying a block stitch where one row is 3dc clusters alternating row chains and sc.  First mess up got it started laid it back for awhile grabbed wrong size hook when working on it again.  Started over ok but eventually my tension tightens up.  I dont usually have that big of a problem.  I think its because when making the clusters into the ch spaces the chains want to pull up making it trickier to keep my dcs the same height.  Gave up and just doing a granny stripe in a solid color.  I think this yarn just did not want to be worked in that pattern which is a shame because I really liked it.

Got our first crown preps over with today.  We both need two.  Having to get used to new office.  So far they seem good.  They are close enough I could walk.

Our pastor was up this way and asked if he could stop by. It was so good to see and hug him.  He loves trivia and was up here for trivia night at a nearby pub.  He already does trivia night at the one out there.  They've drafted him to play pool too.  My friend's pastor is on sabbatical writing a book and outlines for next two years sermons and mine is hustling pool.  Its been funny though because thru covid we watched my friends pastor on tv and ours on FB and many times they covered same subject/ scriptures.  Sometimes same week but often one did it one week and the other the next week.  Almost wondered if they were comparing notes.

Judy, can't wait to see that blanket. You always do great color combinations.

Brenda, hope you don't have too much sensitivity with the dental work. I hate those projects that just won't do right. Sounds like a nice visit with your pastor. 

I'm not sure what all I've been doing or what I got accomplished this week, but suddenly it's Friday. Yesterday was my overdue mammograph apt and then grocery shopping. I don't know what is going on with walmart around here but they keep the stores "I think I'm going to pass out" warm. And then expect you to wear a mask?!

Three of the four grandchildren have birthdays next month so I've been trying to get presents ordered. The girls are pretty vocal about what they want but Jay (turning 4) is hard to shop for. DIL and I decided not to fight the meltdown factor, so Max (turns 4 in Dec.) will get a couple of early presents.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

12 hours ago, bgs said:

Having a devil of a time with current prayer shawl.  I have pulled out enough stitches to make it 3 times by now.  Was trying a block stitch where one row is 3dc clusters alternating row chains and sc.  First mess up got it started laid it back for awhile grabbed wrong size hook when working on it again.  Started over ok but eventually my tension tightens up.  I dont usually have that big of a problem.  I think its because when making the clusters into the ch spaces the chains want to pull up making it trickier to keep my dcs the same height.  Gave up and just doing a granny stripe in a solid color.  I think this yarn just did not want to be worked in that pattern which is a shame because I really liked it.

Got our first crown preps over with today.  We both need two.  Having to get used to new office.  So far they seem good.  They are close enough I could walk.

Our pastor was up this way and asked if he could stop by. It was so good to see and hug him.  He loves trivia and was up here for trivia night at a nearby pub.  He already does trivia night at the one out there.  They've drafted him to play pool too.  My friend's pastor is on sabbatical writing a book and outlines for next two years sermons and mine is hustling pool.  Its been funny though because thru covid we watched my friends pastor on tv and ours on FB and many times they covered same subject/ scriptures.  Sometimes same week but often one did it one week and the other the next week.  Almost wondered if they were comparing notes.

That was a wise move, changing patterns! To me, some yarns seem to have more or less give to them and it can mess us up.

Sounds like some collaboration going on with the pastors...lol! No harm in that, imo. It's nice to get hugs again, isn't it?

1 hour ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Judy, can't wait to see that blanket. You always do great color combinations.

Brenda, hope you don't have too much sensitivity with the dental work. I hate those projects that just won't do right. Sounds like a nice visit with your pastor. 

I'm not sure what all I've been doing or what I got accomplished this week, but suddenly it's Friday. Yesterday was my overdue mammograph apt and then grocery shopping. I don't know what is going on with walmart around here but they keep the stores "I think I'm going to pass out" warm. And then expect you to wear a mask?!

Three of the four grandchildren have birthdays next month so I've been trying to get presents ordered. The girls are pretty vocal about what they want but Jay (turning 4) is hard to shop for. DIL and I decided not to fight the meltdown factor, so Max (turns 4 in Dec.) will get a couple of early presents.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

I'm enjoying this project...many more squares to make, though. But this time I'm wearing in ends when I finish 6 or so.

Keeping young grands happy is hard. I visit a close friend a lot who has 2 she watches...at least 2 or 3 times a week.  Girl is very precocious at 3 1/2 and the boy is 8 months. I get exhausted watching it all!

And your state still has a mask order? Our "esteemed leader" in nj finally lifted his order...vaccinated can go without  but he still recommends unvaccinated to cover up. 

I won't go there....

Take care, everyone!

Brenda: Good story about the pastors. They are surprising at times. I'm sorry the prayer shawl is giving you troubles, it will work out for you though.

Mona: Grandkids: They are amazing. Little boys; I've found with mine, it has always been, dinosaurs, cars, trucks and books. No deviations with any of them.  I haven't been to Walmart in ages. Daughter does all shopping for me but, I do need to go so bad for a few things. No other department stores in my town. Most of my shopping is online.

Judy: AZ Gov took down the mask order, but, all medical professionals here are encouraging to keep wearing them, even the vaccinated since a new strain is coming into the USA. Strange how each state goes by different rules.

Keep on plugging along and have a super day.

• Like 1

Our governor never imposed a state wide mask order but is still requiring masks in state buildings even though the counties and cities that had mask orders have lifted them for vaccinated persons (except for public transit, medical facilities, homeless shelters and school.)  Like dh says the virus doesnt care what you SAY about being vaccinated.  I carry one with me all the time.  Some places you are supposed to wear them and some places have not removed the signage.  Some places employees are supposed to wear them but patrons do not.  Dh is loving using his over at the wood shop.

4 hours ago, judianne said:

That was a wise move, changing patterns! To me, some yarns seem to have more or less give to them and it can mess us up.

Sounds like some collaboration going on with the pastors...lol! No harm in that, imo. It's nice to get hugs again, isn't it?

I'm enjoying this project...many more squares to make, though. But this time I'm wearing in ends when I finish 6 or so.

Keeping young grands happy is hard. I visit a close friend a lot who has 2 she watches...at least 2 or 3 times a week.  Girl is very precocious at 3 1/2 and the boy is 8 months. I get exhausted watching it all!

And your state still has a mask order? Our "esteemed leader" in nj finally lifted his order...vaccinated can go without  but he still recommends unvaccinated to cover up. 

I won't go there....

Take care, everyone

State lifted the mask order a month or so ago. We're down to which businesses still require them. I'm not vaccinated. Decided to skip it for now since I've had covid and there is immunity afterwards--that's just not being addressed. I'm not crazy about being in a mass medical trial for a medicine or a vaccine. I try to be respectful of rules but the heat makes it hard. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ReniC said:

Mona: Grandkids: They are amazing. Little boys; I've found with mine, it has always been, dinosaurs, cars, trucks and books. No deviations with any of them.  I haven't been to Walmart in ages. Daughter does all shopping for me but, I do need to go so bad for a few things. No other department stores in my town. Most of my shopping is online.

Keep on plugging along and have a super day.

That perfectly describes the younger one but the older one isn't really focused on a recurring area.

Online shopping is definitely the way to go for most things as far as I'm concerned.

On 6/4/2021 at 2:13 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

That perfectly describes the younger one but the older one isn't really focused on a recurring area.

Online shopping is definitely the way to go for most things as far as I'm concerned.

Hmmmm.... makes me wonder what goes through their little minds.