Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

On 11/23/2021 at 8:33 AM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Judy,  I love the Christmas throw! The scarf is pretty, too. Looks like it's long enough for a double loop.

Thanks!

Yes, the scarf is big enough to double...my goddaughter is slender, so it's a good size for her.

Wow Judy. You’ve been busy. Nice projects. 

I have my wrist under control, but now my knee is causing problems. At least I can use both hands to craft though. I haven’t finished a thing to show off. I have lots of WIPs though!

Cindy,

Hubby always makes a joke when I get up from a chair and my knees make a loud noise! Hope it's not too bad.

And, yup...I've been busy crocheting...not to mention reading. Just finished Maisie Dobbs by Jacqueline Winspear. Gor it in my local library. Set in England during ww1 era and the story was well written, lo especially her writing style also. Another anglophile in my christening blanket group recommended it. I'll be reading the others in the series!

Another christening blanker...lol.

At this point they all seem to look alike to me. Washing it today to get out the wrinkles. 

20211128_114623.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks ladies! This pattern is from Attic24, the Trellis Pattern she designed to go with the Sweet Pea CAL 2 years ago. I think I came up withe the number of stitches for the starting chain for the baby version...or she did...can't remember. 

On 12/9/2021 at 7:40 PM, bgs said:

You know I have never put one together with the last round in white.  It made it look bright and cheerful.

I don't normally do that but it seemed to work because the grannies were bordered with it. I looked at it with the teal blue border only and wasn't sure... rhen I started the off white and BINGO! The worst thing that could have happened was that I would have had to frog it. 

I'm all about symmetry 😂🤣

• 2 weeks later...

I hope everyone is doing well. I just joined Crochetville (well rejoined, looks like my old account probably went poof from disuse). I don't even remember my old username, LOL! I used to spend most of my time on another site, but they've gone through a lot of drama of late which has resulted in large numbers of people either unable or unwilling to use the site. Just not a fibery home any longer. Sigh.

While I can crochet and even knit a little, I actually spend most of my time making yarn instead of using it up. When I get asked what I'm going to make with my current spinning project, my response is almost inevitably "yarn" as I almost never spin with a project in mind. If people are interested in seeing some of my spinning WIPs, I'll see if I can rustle up some pictures.

• Like 1

Hi, peeps!

I hope everyone is doing well...I ended up leaving my goddaughters infinity scarf on her porch. never made our December coffee at barnes and nobel because she had a fever...Covid positive, even with having had 2 vaccines. it's not been horrible for her....just a lingering cough. A lot of people have been hit in this area but it seems to be the milder version of the variant, thank the Lord.

Stay well, ladies! 

• Like 1

Judy, love the Christening blankets!  I need to finish all my unfinished blankets. A couple of years ago I gave away 4 blankets for Christmas gifts. I need to do that again. We certainly don’t need any more blankets. 

My knee is doing much better. I’ve been walking a couple of miles a day when the weather permits. Right now it’s snowing like crazy. We’re supposed to get 6-8 inches by morning.  I must say snow isn’t nearly as bad as it was before I retired!  Now I have no more excuses for not getting back to work on all those UFOs. 

We are mostly sticking around the house. Covid is really on the rampage here. 

wishing you all a happy New year!

Cindy, I'm glad your knee is a bit better...to be able to walk easier is great!

And I have blankets here that I could give away too! I either just like the colors  or they're meaningful because of what was happening around me at the time...

The mild Covid variant is rampaging through NJ also. Next door neighbors ...both sides and across the street! Not to mention my friends.. 

The question around here is who DOESN'T  have it!

Here are 2 more blankets for the NICU

20220101_180002.jpg

20211230_182423.jpg

• Like 1

Happy New Year!

Cindy glad you popped in.  Thats great about your knee.  Covid numbers here are higher than before. They canceled the big NYE party at the Village because of it. Its 11° here and snowing.  Its been sleeting on and off all day.  Dh is better about snow since we moved here.  He is retired and can hole up until they shovel us out but the first snow after we moved here he was out shoveling.  As soon as he came in the guys were here to do it. 

We would have gone out to a Chinese restaurant today but stayed in due to the weather so I cooked steak and shrimp for lunch.  Then one of dh's dog ladies sent over a pizza that I cooked for supper.  We spent NYE with our 93 year old friend.  She hung in there til midnight so we toasted in the New Year.  Dh has been walking her dog more.  She really appreciates that he goes over for the 8pm walk.  Then they have a nightcap. Earlier that evening we went to an impromptu gathering with finger food.  We are "street people" but have so many friends in the closest apartment that they often include us.  I spent the day doing laundry and cleaning the oven. They canceled in person church tomorrow so it will be on FB.  With the increase in covid I am sort of glad.  Now we can postpone deciding whether to continue going for a week.930pm

Judy two more lovely blankets.  As of yesterday the Village covid report was 3 residents and 13 employees with active cases but I think we will see an increase.  Numbers are much worse all around us.

Happy new year, ladies!

Brenda, it's always good having a few meal ideas in the fridge for those unexpected times!

At this time of year we start getting some extra non perishables for those times the snow arrives and the service we have hasn't come to dig us out!

Winter Temps arrived overnight...we experienced springtime yesterday..lol!

I have another squares project going for yet another baby blanket.. one partial skien has beautiful rich blues I  it. Reminds me of deep ocean colors.  Using up tiny  balls of white as contrast and joining them as I go for as far as it goes.. 

Stay well  everyone!!

Judy I struggle with hoarding.  I always have food on hand just in case.  I can live on peanut butter if need be but dh "doesnt like peanut butter" so I keep canned chicken, soup, dried beans, pasta mixes etc.  I usually keep a few dozen eggs and have cooked ham, chicken and meatballs in the freezer so I can grab it to add to things.  It might not be what you want but you wont go hungry.  I was going to work on letting my inventory drop since moving because now we are very close to multiple stores but covid hit.  Came in handy last Fri when dh's cat lady realized her credit card was expired, no cash on hand,  restaurants here closed because of holiday, and bad weather moving in.  I sent her a few eggs, cans of soup, mac and cheese, crackers, peanut butter, can of chicken, half loaf bread, apples and baby carrots.  

I have been working thru odds and ends of baby yarn.  It was from a prayer shawl lady's stash.  She passed away and its set in the prayer shawl room for a long time.  They were going to take it to the thrift store.  I finally grabbed it thinking I could surely somehow combine it to make doll blankets to send to Bailey4.

Temps are creeping up to just above freezing so hopefully the ice will melt enough they can get it off the streets, sidewalks, driveways and parking lots. The main roads are good.  

• Like 1