Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

Judy, that's a long time between visits! Glad you had a sunny day for it.

It's still sunny and pleasant temps here with rain coming in tomorrow night and then later in the week. I finally got the yard mowed for the first time--had to get a tire fixed first. Hope to weed more of the garden tomorrow before it's wet again.

• Like 1

The girls are here for a sleepover so the day started early. Sun again before thunderstorms later. DS came by yesterday and oiled the attic fan, opened the two attic windows, and made sure enough of the regular house windows would open, so we woke up to a nice cool house. Just closed everything up to keep that cool in since it's going to hit 80 today. We haven't used the attic fan in a number of years for one reason or another and I had forgotten how nice it is in the between seasons.

The pool people are supposed to come today and uncover & treat the pool. I'm really looking forward to using the pool this year. I sure need the exercise--losing some weight and getting in better shape is one of my goals this year.

Yesterday was a "take a break" day after working in the yard for several days and I made pretty good progress on the dahlia blanket. The May 3rd birthday that it's for is fast approaching. LOL

• Like 1

Hi ladies. 

Mona, so glad your sons could come over for that yummy sounding dinner. It sounds like you are staying very busy.

Wow, Judy, I bet having your son finally visit was such a happy occasion.  That was a long time to go without seeing him.

My brother in laws stem cell transplant failed and he is again being treated for his leukemia. The outlook isn’t very good, it has spread into his liver.  He is currently home after getting his first round of chemo.  He’s not really doing all that well, but he is very glad to be home.

I dug out my Sophie’s Garden UFO and have been working on that. I’m only on round 40 or 41, so I have a long ways to go.  Each round already takes around 45-60 minutes. 

Hope all the rest of you are well 

Judy glad you finally got to see your son.  And happy baseball season to you!

Mona sounds like you are keeping busy as usual.  Glad you took a day off to crochet.  Watching the parking lot across the street.  There is activity at the lake.  Looks like there will soon be a youtube of them stocking the lake with fish.  

Cindy sorry about your brother in law. I marvel at Sophie's Garden photos.  They are so pretty and I am amazed at how different they look as each round is added.  No point me starting one-----just nip that ufo in the bud.

We worked really hard before Easter on the grounds at sis's church.  I mostly trimmed bushes---lots of bushes, some were big overgrown bushes.  Dh cut down their pampas grass and overgrown saplings at the back of the property.  

They are gradually letting us do a few things at the Village.   Prayer shawl group is meeting on Tues.  There never were 10 at the few meetings I got to attend and I know 2 of those have passed away.  Then in a couple of weeks a small group of my work friends have decided to go eat in a restaurant----lunch and during the week.   Everyone invited has either been vaccinated for or have had covid.  Trying not to second guess our decision to go.  Most of us worked together 20 years and then the hospital we worked at closed over 20 years ago.  One of the ladies I have known for 46 years.  Its good to be living closer to them again.

• Like 1

Hi peeps

5 hours ago, Gardener said:

Hi ladies. 

Mona, so glad your sons could come over for that yummy sounding dinner. It sounds like you are staying very busy.

Wow, Judy, I bet having your son finally visit was such a happy occasion.  That was a long time to go without seeing him.

My brother in laws stem cell transplant failed and he is again being treated for his leukemia. The outlook isn’t very good, it has spread into his liver.  He is currently home after getting his first round of chemo.  He’s not really doing all that well, but he is very glad to be home.

I dug out my Sophie’s Garden UFO and have been working on that. I’m only on round 40 or 41, so I have a long ways to go.  Each round already takes around 45-60 minutes. 

Hope all the rest of you are well 

I'm so sorry to hear about your BIL...  too much sadness going around. 

Cindy, so sorry to hear your BIL is having a hard time. Hope the chemo will work without being too bad.

Sophie's garden has been on my wish list for a long time, but it's a big project. The colors have always intimidated me.

Brenda, hopefully y'all can be fishing in the lake soon. Glad your groups are starting back. It's a little scary to start being with people again, but I really think if we are careful about it and use reasonable precautions, things can get back to "normal".

Judy, wow, how pretty! Love the colors!

We had storms again last night. Seems like this year we can't have just a regular thunderstorm, it has to bring the threats of damaging winds, hail, and maybe tornados with it.

I ended up bringing the 3 year old grand back home with me yesterday morning when I took the girls home. I just couldn't leave him crying a second time this week. He's pretty easy by himself. We stayed outside a while and he took a nap after lunch, so the day passed quickly. 

Since it's wet today, I think it'll be another crocheting day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

Edited by greyhoundgrandma
  • Like 1

Hi peeps! Just checking in...

I'm playing with baby yarn now, adding to the NICU pile .

I hope everyone is doing well.

Good morning!

Cindy, your Sophie is gorgeous! I love the colors.

This week has been paperwork and sinus infection. I was supposed to have the grands today while DIL went to the dentist but she's under the weather too and had to reschedule. Not sorry about the change since my energy is still lacking and the antibiotics are causing the usual stomach issues.

We're headed into a week of cooler weather, but I'm not complaining. Hope spring lasts quite a while and doesn't jump into summer too quickly.

Hoping for some crochet time today.

• Like 2

We are getting several days full of April showers----every 2nd or 3rd day.  Temps are swinging to the cooler side and snow word in the long range forecast but there is time to make that disappear.

Mona they released the video on stocking the lake with fish.  They dont want people fishing yet and when they start they want to do catch and release for about a year.

They are gradually opening things up.  They get to do golf league this year and the golf carts are back.  No golfers on the green behind us yet as they are redoing it.  Prayer shawl group met Tues for first time in over a year.  They are requesting volunteers to once again help out at care center.  Restaurants will open Mon for dine in with restrictions.  Seating will be limited so we will probably continuing curbside for awhile.  Now I dont feel like I jumped the gun by making plans to eat out on Thurs with friends.  We met our new neighbors this week and sis stopped by this evening.  It was the first time she has been here since Feb 2020.

• Like 1

Thanks, Mona. The random colors are turning out better than I thought. 

Brenda, we went out to dinner with friends tonight. Restaurants are open at 50% of capacity here.  Unfortunately cases are rising rapidly here, and this time it’s mostly younger people. A good percentage of seniors have been vaccinated. 

Supposedly there is snow in our forecast for Tuesday and Wednesday. I will be surprised if it happens though. We do rarely get snow in April, but it’s been warmer than usual here since mid March.  

Having an April just full of spring showers.  It snowed Tues, a record for that date.  It was a heavy wet snow and melted by late afternoon. 

Yesterday dh and I ate in a restaurant for the first time in over a year. It was a few of the ladies I used to work with and a couple of husbands.  It was so good to see people again.

Working on prayer shawls.

• Like 1

It's definitely nice to be able to start getting out. My best friend's husband is out of town and she invited me out to supper last night. Cases here have dropped drastically since January and hopefully that will continue.

We had thunderstorms last night that are supposed to continue today, but I think the worst is behind us. This will hopefully be a crochet day. I'm down to less that ten color repeats on the dahlia blanket and then the border. It's for a May 3 birthday, so I'm down to the wire and sooo ready for a new project.

I spent 25 minutes and then 1 1/2 hrs on the phone with directv yesterday. Their customer service has definitely lowered to ATT style now instead of the old directv. I ended up moderately satisfied with the outcome.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 1

Hi ladies. Gloomy April weather here. We have had a few warm, sunny days, but we’ve seen a little snow recently as well.  Nothing much going on here. I finished a small basket made of bulky yarn that I got cheap many years ago. I don’t know what I will do with it, but at least that’s a tiny bit gone from my stash!  I need to stop buying yarn without a plan. 

Hope you are all doing well. 

Buying yarn with a plan doesn't necessarily work out for me. LOL I'll see a pattern I think I want to make, buy the yarn, and then by the time I get around to it, I'm thinking, do I really want to make that.

The Directv installer got the job done without too many kinks. I now have a working tv system.

I'm weaving in the ends on the dahlia blanket, over half way thru with them. Then, I think, five rounds on the border. I'm not sure whether Attic 24's blankets just run long or if my gauge is long in that direction, but it's generously long. Aiming to finish it up Sunday.

It's been warm and humid here this week. Had to turn on the AC.

Off to work on those ends again.

86° this past Tues, record snowfall Tues before.  We have been switching back and forth between furnace and ac. 

Tues worked with sis on flower beds at her church.  Wed we worked in her yard.  Today dh changed oil, gas, air and oil filters, and battery in her riding mower.  He also changed air filter in weed eater and then weed eated for her.  

Been working on prayer shawls, doll clothes and blanket.  

When buying yarn I always had a plan----buy yarn.

Hi peeps!

On 4/29/2021 at 4:13 PM, Gardener said:

Hi ladies. Gloomy April weather here. We have had a few warm, sunny days, but we’ve seen a little snow recently as well.  Nothing much going on here. I finished a small basket made of bulky yarn that I got cheap many years ago. I don’t know what I will do with it, but at least that’s a tiny bit gone from my stash!  I need to stop buying yarn without a plan. 

Hope you are all doing well. 

My stash has grown because I tend to overbuy - worried I'll run out of the same dye lot! Today I went to Michaels and stocked up on more white yarn - with the christening blanket project, and using up my colors, I'm always running low on white. I've been using up small  balls of white yarn to finish one project - and I THINK they match! This time I bought 4 super big skies (buy 1, get the 2nd 50% off). I should be good now - at least for a while...LOL!

On 4/29/2021 at 4:38 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Buying yarn with a plan doesn't necessarily work out for me. LOL I'll see a pattern I think I want to make, buy the yarn, and then by the time I get around to it, I'm thinking, do I really want to make that.

The Directv installer got the job done without too many kinks. I now have a working tv system.

I'm weaving in the ends on the dahlia blanket, over half way thru with them. Then, I think, five rounds on the border. I'm not sure whether Attic 24's blankets just run long or if my gauge is long in that direction, but it's generously long. Aiming to finish it up Sunday.

I've made several of her blankets (which I love) but when I follow the pattern exactly as written I find that they're more narrow and longer than other designers I've used.

It's been warm and humid here this week. Had to turn on the AC.

Off to work on those ends again.

On 4/29/2021 at 8:28 PM, bgs said:

86° this past Tues, record snowfall Tues before.  We have been switching back and forth between furnace and ac. We've been doing the same thing! I think we're done with the heat now - I hope!

Tues worked with sis on flower beds at her church.  Wed we worked in her yard.  Today dh changed oil, gas, air and oil filters, and battery in her riding mower.  He also changed air filter in weed eater and then weed eated for her.  

Been working on prayer shawls, doll clothes and blanket.  

When buying yarn I always had a plan----buy yarn. Oh, yes!🤣

It's been a bittersweet day. I took Cookie (DH's raccoon) to a rehabber today. He lives in the country and will introduce her back into the wild but will also continue to care for her if she keeps returning. The best thing for her but it still hurts because DH loved coons so much--another end of the old normal.

I got the ends all woven in on the blanket yesterday. Just the border to finish this weekend.

It's been quite a day. I finished the dahlia blanket. I'm so ready to move on to other projects. https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/164832-dahlia-blanket/?tab=comments#comment-2785054

Then I kept the grands for an hour and a half. I think they all ate crabby/fussy beans before they came. LOL

It's been raining off and on today and we're under a tornado watch until 10.  The radar looks like it's mostly going south of us.

Off to find something for supper and enjoy the quiet. Hope everyone has a good week!

Mona such a pretty afghan.  

Well no progress on my projects.  I got a bag of assorted mostly baby weight yarn.  Grabbed 3 skeins that looked like a match (labels missing on two) and thought I would do a c2c.  Used up one skein and after a few stitches with second skein realized its different--colors and feel.  So started another with second skein just sure the third would match one of them.  Nope its same type of yarn but colors are brighter.  

Hi ladies!

On 4/30/2021 at 10:00 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

It's been a bittersweet day. I took Cookie (DH's raccoon) to a rehabber today. He lives in the country and will introduce her back into the wild but will also continue to care for her if she keeps returning. The best thing for her but it still hurts because DH loved coons so much--another end of the old normal.

I got the ends all woven in on the blanket yesterday. Just the border to finish this weekend.

That is sad....but the best thing for the raccoon....

On 5/2/2021 at 7:24 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

It's been quite a day. I finished the dahlia blanket. I'm so ready to move on to other projects. https://forum.crochetville.com/topic/164832-dahlia-blanket/?tab=comments#comment-2785054

Then I kept the grands for an hour and a half. I think they all ate crabby/fussy beans before they came. LOL

It's been raining off and on today and we're under a tornado watch until 10.  The radar looks like it's mostly going south of us.

Off to find something for supper and enjoy the quiet. Hope everyone has a good week!

That blanket is so pretty . Love the bright colors.

On 5/2/2021 at 8:27 PM, bgs said:

Mona such a pretty afghan.  

Well no progress on my projects.  I got a bag of assorted mostly baby weight yarn.  Grabbed 3 skeins that looked like a match (labels missing on two) and thought I would do a c2c.  Used up one skein and after a few stitches with second skein realized its different--colors and feel.  So started another with second skein just sure the third would match one of them.  Nope its same type of yarn but colors are brighter.  

I've had similar problems...sometimes I just end up making NICU hats.

Thanks, Judy, on both!

Brenda, sometimes it seems like projects just won't do right. Hopefully you can mix the skeins with something else for stripes or find a one skein project.

I was going to start a new project yesterday afternoon, but decided to just watch a movie. Off to the dentist for a cleaning later this morning. Hoping to miss any bad rain/storms while I'm out.

I hope everyone has a mother's day tomorrow that is just the way you want it to be....I know it can also be a hard day for many.

Sending hugs.

Edited by judianne

Hi ladies. Hope you are doing well.

Mona, your dahlia blanket is gorgeous. It sounds like you found a good place for the raccoon. 

Really nothing to report here. I have been doing little bits on my Sophie’s Garden afghan but I haven’t been very enthused about it.  I might have to dig out another UFO to work on for awhile. 

• Like 1