Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

Peanut butter is one of those things that is part of my emergency supply and I keep 2 jars ahead on it.

We're semi-hoarders/mild preppers here. I don't have as much canned food as I did at one time, but the freezers could keep us going for a while and I have a bucket of rice and beans in the basement. It might get boring but I wouldn't go hungry for quite a while.

Things are trucking along slowly here. Lots of people sick but mostly not severely sick. Lots seem to have had covid and lots more sinus infections/colds. It's that time of year with the weather constantly changing from cold to warm. I'm staying in most of the time except for apts, groceries and visiting with just a few friends. I should be getting a lot done, either in the house or crocheting but that's not really happening.

• Like 1

Hi everyone.  Definitely winter here.  It’s been really cold, and it snows a little pretty much every day. We saw a little sunshine yesterday and today though.  

Covid is on the rampage here as well.  We mostly avoid going out unless we have to, although I have been grocery shopping. We probably wouldn’t run out of groceries for at least 3 months.  I keep my pantry and freezer full, but I never buy more than I can store in those two places.  Dh has a bit of a prepper/doomsday mentality and he just feels better if I keep things well stocked.  Plus, since I just bought 25 pounds of bread flour and I have a couple of pounds of yeast, we can always eat bread!  I even have 4 or 5 pounds of butter in the freezer, which I bought for the Christmas baking that I didn’t do.  

Judy, more beautiful blankets. You sure get a lot done.  I am working on a WIP that is years old. It’s a patchwork log cabin design.  Sigh….tons of ends to work in and 25 squares to sew together…..not sure where my head was when I started that.  I have 14 squares done and the other 11 squares partly done. 

hope you are all doing well. 

Cindy...you!...a project with ends...??😂🤣

You will feel better when it's done, though. 

I have a lot of nervous energy to expend, which is why I crochet a lot 😉

Winter is definitely here today...sub zero wind chills during the night and it's going to be like that all day. 

Just dropping on to see the pretty finishes. Very nice Judy and Diana.  I’m still plugging away on that log cabin Afghan.  I’m sewing the ends in as I go now. It doesn’t seem quite as bad as when I faced a whole pile of squares. Quite always to go still. 

Baby gift...I had been working on these squares and showed a friend whose niece is having a boy...she loved the squares and the colors. Hobby Lobby "I Love This Yarn" in off white, gray and blue. Indoor lighting is awful...

20220121_070012.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the birthday wishes. It was a very cold day, but we braved the cold and ate dinner on the heated patio at our little local restaurant. It was quite warm on the patio.

Judy, that is a beautiful baby afghan. I love those colors together.

I’m still crocheting away at the log cabin afghan.  The squares are quite a bit more than half finished. I’m sewing the ends in as I go, since that’s a task I hate!  Sewing squares together is only marginally better…..

• Like 1

Hi, ladies...

An SOS for another christening blanket for my church had me turn to Cindy's Peek-a-Boo pattern (Gardner). Started it midday Monday and finished it yesterday, Wednesday.  Washed it this morning and added the cross to it so I can deliver it today.

Folded it so you can see the detail. I added the shell stitch...but now, looking at the picture to see the pattern, it looks like I had the blanket upside down when I embroidered the cross on it! No one but us will know...LOL!

20220210_095415.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Just saying Hi!   Hope everyone is doing well...

Still making baby blankets, and now will be making shawls too...been putting a dent in my stash!

• 1 month later...