Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

On 9/12/2021 at 2:01 PM, ChristiG said:

Hi! It's been yrs since I was on here. Facebook brain I guess. But I miss it. There used to be special crochet emojis for here, whered they go?

These are the squares I'm currently working on for an afghan.

Hope your all having a great day

20210912_095600.jpg

Welcome back  Christie! I left FB in January.  Life has been more fun ever since...once I got used to finding friends and family other ways!

That's a super pattern!

Cindy, I really hope the doctor offers a solution to your pain! I found crochetville when u was recuperating from wrist surgery and was looking for patterns for after I healed (young German shepherd pulling too hard on leash and me trying to constantly correct...cause of the injury)

Judy all very pretty but especially love the round ripple.  Need to remember how you did the multicolor one for prayer shawls.  I tend to have multiple skeins of different colors and not multiples of single colors.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi peeps!

Just checking in - I hope everyone is doing well. We're ok here. Been reading a lot while I wait for my pattern to arrive. We never got ANY mail on Saturday ... the carrier didn't come by at all, which we're positive about, since we had 2 envelopes out to be picked up!

Hi, just checking in.  I had surgery on my wrist and the pain is so much better. My wrist is pretty weak and gets tired and achy really easily, but it’s a little better every day.  I haven’t tried crocheting yet, but I’m sure that I can.  

Judy, such lovely projects!  You’ve been busy.

we are going to the Smokies for a week, leaving tomorrow.  Hope to be here more regularly when we get home!

Cindy your trip sounds lovely.  Glad to hear your wrist is better after surgery and continuing to get better.

I am trying to take a break from crocheting and looming because my shoulder says to.  Emphasis on trying because when I sit down I cant hardly not crochet or loom so trying to limit it to just a few rounds.  

Went to a class here on wire wrapping. (jewelry) and then a music performance.  Its sad they have to continually keep cutting restaurant hours because of staffing shortages.  The main one and only one open in mornings for breakfast is now closed all day Mon and Tues now. And that is with head of dining services working in another one daily serving food.  Its sad they cant hire residents but the law against it is to protect residents from being taken advantage of.

Last Sat dh and I did something special.  We had dinner here.  One of our bonsai friends lives in that city and wanted to know if we were interested in meeting her and another bonsai friend there some time and we said yes.  Besides the 4 of us there were only two other couples there that evening.  Our friend has been there enough they know her.  It was a very nice evening and nothing like dh and I had ever done before.  

13 hours ago, bgs said:

Cindy your trip sounds lovely.  Glad to hear your wrist is better after surgery and continuing to get better.

I am trying to take a break from crocheting and looming because my shoulder says to.  Emphasis on trying because when I sit down I cant hardly not crochet or loom so trying to limit it to just a few rounds.  

I know how hard that is..when my hands hurt I try and read...very, very hard to replace one habit with another one, even when it's an equally loved habit!

Went to a class here on wire wrapping. (jewelry) and then a music performance.  Its sad they have to continually keep cutting restaurant hours because of staffing shortages. 

A favorite casual place near me where I go with girlfriends a lot has a big handwrittensign in the waiting are apologizing for lack of wait staff due to people taking advantage of the fact it's easier to take handouts than work...sad.  keep seeing the same waitress every time we go - we tip her generously. 

The main one and only one open in mornings for breakfast is now closed all day Mon and Tues now. And that is with head of dining services working in another one daily serving food.  Its sad they cant hire residents but the law against it is to protect residents from being taken advantage of.

Last Sat dh and I did something special.  We had dinner here.  One of our bonsai friends lives in that city and wanted to know if we were interested in meeting her and another bonsai friend there some time and we said yes.  Besides the 4 of us there were only two other couples there that evening.  Our friend has been there enough they know her.  It was a very nice evening and nothing like dh and I had ever done before.  

That restaurant looks amazing!!!!! I'm a native New Yorker living in NJ...and we lived in St. Louis for almost 4 years back in the day - I'm thrilled you have such a wonderful place to go to ...I particularly love the Victorian style...very much my thing 😍

5 hours ago, judianne said:

That restaurant looks amazing!!!!! I'm a native New Yorker living in NJ...and we lived in St. Louis for almost 4 years back in the day - I'm thrilled you have such a wonderful place to go to ...I particularly love the Victorian style...very much my thing 😍

Judy its 88 miles north of us.  There are a lot of interesting museums and sites in St. Jo.  Been to Pony Express museum a few times.  It was really good when they made it interactive.  We have also been to the Pony Express station in Marysville KS also.  Been to Patee museum, Krug Park, went by house where Jesse James was killed and have down Lover's Lane.  It was a good place to take my niece when she was in 5th grade and they had an assignment where they could write reports on MO historical sites for a few points each or go to the places and write a sentence for a whole lot of points.  Her notebook also included post cards since she liked post cards.  Our one bonsai friend lives there so she knows of interesting places to go eat.  The food that night was so good.  I selected the appetizer based on the number of ingredients he rattled off---by the time he got to the end I couldnt remember half of them.  It was a 4 inch thin crust white sauce pizza with a little salad with home made dressing.  The other two appetizer choices were a mushroom ravioli or a salad.  I could follow along on the ingredients on the ravioli and the salad.  The tenderloin medallions with cherries and whatever the fancy term for sauce tasted so good and the meat almost melted in my mouth.  I dont drink coffee but they have their own blend and our friend and dh loved it.  You are served 3 desserts.  Two change out.  This time it was a mini key lime pie and cinnamon swirl bread.  They always serve the baked chocolate truffle.  I am not a chocolate lover.  Its ok and I like a bit of chocolate fudge, brownies, candies but not crazy about the really fancy dark, decadent chocolate stuff.  I loved the key lime.  Then just took a taste of the truffle.  I took it home and enjoyed it a spoonful at a time cold when its more like fudge.  It was interesting talking with the two guys that served us.  The one was telling us how hard it was for him to paper the ceiling especially all the little pieces to get the design he wanted.  The flower garden was pretty also.  Now they are working on the house across the street to open a bed and breakfast.

Brenda, that's the advantage of the restaurant not being busy! It does sound wonderful....though even around here if I suggest a place to eat that isn't within 15 minutes from Us I get a "That's too far" comment...LOL! I'm so happy that even New Yorkers can see the wonderful opportunities in other parts of the country!

And I'm a chocolate (love dark) and a coffee person...LOL!

Have a good weekend!

Judy I am so excited.  Our friend got reservations Halloween evening at the place in St Jo we ate at a couple of weeks ago.  They had just started decorating for Halloween and it looked like they go all out.  Our friend asked about inviting some others that we dont know and I said the more the merrier.  We are going to wear costumes.  I really like Halloween.

On 9/13/2021 at 3:14 PM, Gardener said:

Hi Christi, good to see you again!  That’s going to be a pretty afghan.  

I'm still not crocheting. My wrist seems to have ups and Downs, but it’s about as bad as it’s ever been at the moment.   Thankfully, I finally get to see a hand surgeon on Wednesday.  I sure hope they have something to offer. It’s been over eight weeks and it’s getting old!  

hope you are all doing well. 

That doesnt sound good! What did you find out when you went in? I sure hope they can help!

On 10/15/2021 at 5:22 PM, bgs said:

Judy I am so excited.  Our friend got reservations Halloween evening at the place in St Jo we ate at a couple of weeks ago.  They had just started decorating for Halloween and it looked like they go all out.  Our friend asked about inviting some others that we dont know and I said the more the merrier.  We are going to wear costumes.  I really like Halloween.

That sounds like it'll be a blast!!! You have fun friends. Looking forward to hearing all about it...and maybe a picture or two??

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2021 at 10:26 AM, ChristiG said:

That doesnt sound good! What did you find out when you went in? I sure hope they can help!

I ended up having surgery. It’s much improved. Still weaker than the right wrist and still hurts a bit if I use it too much or move it wrong, but I can pretty much do whatever I want. 

• Like 1

Well, still not much time for crocheting.🙄. I am managing to fit a little in here and there. My brother in law (the one with leukemia), passed away three weeks ago.  It’s been a lot of work settling his affairs and it’s far from finished. And now there’s leaves to rake, and all that cleaning I ignored when my wrist was giving me problems to catch up on.    

hop you are all doing well. 

Edited by Gardener
  • Like 1

On 11/1/2021 at 12:51 AM, bgs said:

Judy photos of Halloween the JC Wyatt house.

20211031_204451.thumb.jpg.993bf9c748848a171a7bb122e22cad76.jpg

20211031_205734.thumb.jpg.87dc6276afa522ea0203174a8ae9effc.jpg

20211031_205741.thumb.jpg.c53926097880515955945b940b47a92d.jpg

Also one of the streets we took was full of trick or treaters and there were a lot of yards decorated.

Amazing job! Some people around here really get into it too!  Thanks for the pics.

My son's Christmas throw...it relaxed nicely after I washed it. Giving it to him on Thanksgiving so he can start using it early!

IMG_20211115_141834_512.jpg

• Like 2