Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

On 2/25/2021 at 11:20 AM, judianne said:

Hi peeps.

My 27 yo goddaughter couldn't find sn actual pattern for the stashbuster GS jacket she wanted to make for herself so she winged most of it...she's very creative in other ways, also. 

IMG950616.jpg

Love this!  Your goddaughter is very talented!

• Like 2

Hi ladies. It was beautiful here the past few days, sunny and close to 40. This morning we woke up to 3 inches of snow. It’s starting to melt again, but it’s cloudy and gloomy.

Hubby has been working on the basement. Today he found my yarn stash. He asked me if I knew how much yarn I had down there?  Me: of course.  Hubby, “there’s 3 crates full, about ten bags and all the drawers in that old dresser.  Are you sure you remembered all of that?  Me:  yup!  (I didn’t mention that there’s even more down there.......

And I’m trying to use it up.  I think I’ve made about ten dishcloths and 3 or 4 potholders sine the first of the year, and I still have a crate full of cotton yarn.  Every once in awhile, I drag out a UFO to work on.  I think I might have to give some yarn away.

Cindy I have lots of yarn too.  Since we moved my niece is storing some of it.  I dont think I have many UFOs but I think there are some small projects that did not work out and need frogged unless I can figure out how to make them work.

We got our second shot Thurs.  Fri our shoulders hurt and we had mild symptoms---ached, tired, chills, nausea, headache, and best of all a slight fever of 99.6°F.  I had quit taking ibuprofen for my knee and allergy meds days before because I really wanted to see a response to the shot.  Today everything is ok except its tree pollen popping time so need to get back on my allergy meds.

Hello everyone! I'm popping in here to let you know it is time for the annual NatCroMo Blog Tour celebrating National Crochet Month! This year we are looking for crochet hobbyists – everyday crocheters like you – to participate in the tour! Last year we included a few crochet hobbyists and it was a great hit! Everyone enjoyed it – the participants and our readers. Who better to be on our blog tour than you guys?! Check out the announcement here:

Mona as of yesterday the buckets with concrete and limbs or irrigation pipes have sunk.  The wooden pallet structures are floating----Jeff did remark to dh that he wasnt sure if they would sink or not.  Now to see what Jeff does next.  With the nicer weather he needs to get back to working on the green in back of us that they tore out. I havent got bored enough to take up golf but its entertaining to watch they guys work on it and others when they play thru.  

hi peeps

On 2/27/2021 at 12:45 PM, Gardener said:

Hi ladies. It was beautiful here the past few days, sunny and close to 40. This morning we woke up to 3 inches of snow. It’s starting to melt again, but it’s cloudy and gloomy.

Hubby has been working on the basement. Today he found my yarn stash. He asked me if I knew how much yarn I had down there?  Me: of course.  Hubby, “there’s 3 crates full, about ten bags and all the drawers in that old dresser.  Are you sure you remembered all of that?  Me:  yup!  (I didn’t mention that there’s even more down there.......

And I’m trying to use it up.  I think I’ve made about ten dishcloths and 3 or 4 potholders sine the first of the year, and I still have a crate full of cotton yarn.  Every once in awhile, I drag out a UFO to work on.  I think I might have to give some yarn away.I did that many years ago...now my yarn closet is full, instead of the garage, and I have tote bags also, which I have to purge, but I'm on a roll, using leftovers and working on a big round ripple wedding gift for my niece in SC, along with another christening blanket. I gave a pile of blankets and a few hats I whipped up, to my neighbor for the NICU. That cleared some floor space in my sitting room. 

On 2/27/2021 at 3:50 PM, bgs said:

Cindy I have lots of yarn too.  Since we moved my niece is storing some of it.  I dont think I have many UFOs but I think there are some small projects that did not work out and need frogged unless I can figure out how to make them work.

We got our second shot Thurs.  Fri our shoulders hurt and we had mild symptoms---ached, tired, chills, nausea, headache, and best of all a slight fever of 99.6°F.  I had quit taking ibuprofen for my knee and allergy meds days before because I really wanted to see a response to the shot.  Today everything is ok except its tree pollen popping time so need to get back on my allergy meds.

I heard we aren't supposed to take ibuprofen before the vaccine, because it might lessen its effectiveness...so it's good that you stopped before the shot!  And your reaction sounds pretty good...I've heard more positive stories like that!

30 by 36 blanket that I added to the already full bag I had ready for the NICU.  I also added a handful of beanies. 

IMG_20210303_181042_818.jpg

• Like 2

Hi peeps!

That beautiful crocheted sweater my goddaughter made...well, her 101 yo grandmother loved it so much she made sure she went home with it - she feels the cold more than most.

Another christening blanket.  I used the Cosy Stripe pattern again. Crab stitch is becoming my favorite way to end the border. 

20210309_174549.jpg

20210309_174528.jpg

• Like 1

Wow, Judy, you have been busy!  Beautiful blankets. I have made a few more dishcloths and a couple more potholders, plus I am nearly finished with a simple basket made from two strands of bulky weight yarn.  No signs of my yarn collection shrinking yet though. Plus, I don’t know what I’m going to do with all this stuff!  I might turn the basket into a doll bed for one of my grand daughters. 

Thanks Cindy! 

Sounds like a great plan to use the basket you made. Maybe throw in some more doll blankets...another way to use stash.

Pretty blanket, Judy! I've always liked the look of reverse SC but it's sure awkward when you first start it.

Cindy, you're getting a lot done! Sometimes the stash doesn't cooperate and disappear like it seems like it should.

Doesn't seem like I accomplished much last week. Couldn't seem to get motivated. Company coming this weekend so there are several things I need to get done, but I've spent this afternoon doing things in preparation for the bad weather they are predicting for tonight thru Wed night. Ran the dishwasher, washing clothes, putting up stuff outside that might blow around, etc. We go by the philosophy that if we're prepared, we have more change of it missing us. LOL

Brenda, inquiring minds want to know. Did the pallets finally sink in the pond?

Mona we do things like that too---prep for the bad weather and hoping it misses us because we prepped.  The pallets did not sink. They flipped pointed side down and looked like little floating docks. The guys used the boat and pulled them out. 

Warm weather the beginning of last week, rain Fri, Sat, Sun, Mon, and today.  Tornado weather Mon and they say snow Thurs.

Yesterday restrictions eased up some at the Village.  Apartment building doors will now be unlocked during the day like they used to be so anyone can enter---no checking in with public safety, packages delivered to each apartment rather than left at concierge.  Residents can now congregate in common areas in groups up to 10 but still have to distance and wear masks.  Independent living can now have others in our homes--- friends, family, other residents.  

• Like 1

Mona...I hope you're all ok... prepping like that is a great idea.

And it did take a while gor me to get comfortable with the crab stich. Now it flows..

Edited by judianne

I finished this 60 inch teal blue blanket for my goddaughter and her fiance in NC. I'm going to add their initials. 

Its hard photographing teal blue...and also hard to get a decent picture when you're standing on a chair😂

20210319_163004.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, judianne said:

I finished this 60 inch teal blue blanket for my goddaughter and her fiance in NC. I'm going to add their initials. 

Its hard photographing teal blue...and also hard to get a decent picture when you're standing on a chair😂

20210319_163004.jpg

Pretty ghan.  Showing up blue but I can imagine teal----love both colors and gee putting your life on the line to get a good shot! I am between projects and dont know what to start next.  A few weeks ago dh asked me about making hats with my knifty knitter loom.  I knew where the loom was which is often not the case since we moved.  Just not sure where the yarn was. It wasnt here but luckily it was in a tote in nieces garage and not in the totes in her attic.  

Sun finally appeared today.  It had gone missing for over a week.  So excited to go to Menards this morning.  Time to get dh some more Swiffer supplies.  This is one case where dh being extremely regimented is a very good thing.  Over the past year with me spending so much time with sis he has incorporated dusting and vacuuming into his routine and he does not like breaking his routine.  

Looks like I am going to be helping sis with the landscaping at her church because Bob the guy that has taken care of it for many years passed away a couple of weeks ago.  We made a list of things for volunteers to do----Bob did that.  Hhh I am going to wind up trimming bushes.  I recognize what they are and sort of have an idea how they need trimmed----studying bonsai has been helpful.  Guess I will be setting out the banana tree for Bob this year.  I got it dug out last fall just as Bob showed up surprising us as we didnt think he was feeling good enough to even think about.  Sis wasnt in any shape to dig it, a hard freeze was coming, so I offered to do it.

• Like 1

Another pretty one, Judy!

We dodged between the bad thunderstorms that came through, thank goodness.

It's been a long day. Company for the weekend. The guys went out to the shop. DIL and the one woman of the group are visiting and I've escaped to the computer for a few minutes of quiet from rowdy grands. I'm about ready to leave the younger generation to it and go to bed. 

• Like 1

Brenda, my hubby loves routine also...and after he retired for good he took over the vacuuming and dusting! Fine by me 🤣

1 hour ago, judianne said:

Brenda, my hubby loves routine also...and after he retired for good he took over the vacuuming and dusting! Fine by me 🤣

Judy after all the years of him tracking stuff into the old house and being oblivious to it I find it hysterical that he is right there with my dustbuster in hand for every little crumb as soon as it hits the floor.  I sometimes slide crumbs by my chair over to his when he isnt looking.  

• Haha 1

I need a little of that love of routines to rub off on me! LOL

It was a long but enjoyable weekend. The guys got a couple of things done around the house that required a larger crew, so that was good--especially getting the wheelchair ramp off of the porch. Now I've just got five sets of sheets to get washed.

I did really good getting paperwork done on Monday and Tuesday, but just can't quite get geared up for it today. So there's a little crocheting going on instead.

• Like 1

hi peeps

On 3/24/2021 at 5:04 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I need a little of that love of routines to rub off on me! LOL

It was a long but enjoyable weekend. The guys got a couple of things done around the house that required a larger crew, so that was good--especially getting the wheelchair ramp off of the porch. Now I've just got five sets of sheets to get washed.

I did really good getting paperwork done on Monday and Tuesday, but just can't quite get geared up for it today. So there's a little crocheting going on instead.

I dislike it when real life interferes with fun and crochet! Good for you for making time. I always feel so refreshed after some hook time.

i finished another christening blanket and am now playing with odds and ends I've been gifted as I try to make a second blanket for the cats at the shelter. 

Hello all! I'm popping in here because we have a great giveaway happening on the Crochetville blog – for those of you who are interested in vintage needlework / crochet publications.

Karen C.K. Ballard is featured on our blog tour today, and she is giving away 3 lots of vintage needlework / crochet publications. Karen is a collector, and she uses her day on the blog tour each year to give away some of her duplicates. She says says, “I like sharing these through Nat-Cro-Mo, with people whom I know will truly appreciate them.” Karen was also inducted into the Crochet Guild of America Crochet Hall of Fame in 2020 – she is truly a treasure in the crochet community!

Head on over to the giveaway if you would like to enter:
https://crochetville.com/vintage-needlework-publications-giveaway-the-crochet-concert-blog-tour/

vintage-needlework-crochet-magazines-publications-collections-natcromo-2021.JPG

• Like 1

On 3/31/2021 at 5:45 PM, Donna said:

Hello all! I'm popping in here because we have a great giveaway happening on the Crochetville blog – for those of you who are interested in vintage needlework / crochet publications.

Karen C.K. Ballard is featured on our blog tour today, and she is giving away 3 lots of vintage needlework / crochet publications. Karen is a collector, and she uses her day on the blog tour each year to give away some of her duplicates. She says says, “I like sharing these through Nat-Cro-Mo, with people whom I know will truly appreciate them.” Karen was also inducted into the Crochet Guild of America Crochet Hall of Fame in 2020 – she is truly a treasure in the crochet community!

Head on over to the giveaway if you would like to enter:
https://crochetville.com/vintage-needlework-publications-giveaway-the-crochet-concert-blog-tour/

vintage-needlework-crochet-magazines-publications-collections-natcromo-2021.JPG

Thank you Donna!

I don't know where the last week has gone. It's been kind of a weepy week but I keep kicking myself in the rear and moving on.

We've had lots of sunshine, a few storms thrown in. I got weeds pulled from almost half of the garden. Mowing is on the agenda for this afternoon--I think it's finally dry enough.

A friend carted off two mini frigs and an ice maker that were most likely not fixable and earned the local work program inmates some pocket money, so I guess that was a win-win. Spent way to much time on the phone with the electric company who couldn't locate the account for an old dilapidated house we own that the fire department is going to burn down. Took tax info to the accountant.

The boys are both coming Sunday for lunch. I splurged and got a Honey Baked Ham and their broccoli casserole. The grocery store spiral cut hams are always good, but a real Honey Baked can't be beat. DILs are bringing stuffed eggs and green salad. The only cooking I'm doing is making potato salad and lima beans, and heating the casserole and rolls. Frozen turtle pie and key lime pie for dessert.

Hope everyone has a great Easter weekend!

Hi peeps!

Mona, I'm so happy to hear that your sons came over for Easter. I hope the weather cooperated . We had a beautiful and sunny day. Our son came over and it was great having him here and feeding him...without masks! Haven't had him in the house since Thanksgiving  

I hope everyone else here is doing ok.