Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

The snow looked like feathers and was just as light when it fell yesterday! Lots easier to trudge through.  Lucy for her play bow and manic look on her face when I went out with her.  We dodged a bullet...but today is bitter cold. It IS winter after all. Here's a Christmas card picture for you ladies. And in the second  one look for my girl, just curled up and enjoying the day😄

20210207_134909.jpg

20210207_142654.jpg

• Like 1

The snow looked like feathers and was just as light when it fell yesterday! Lots easier to trudge through.  Lucy for her play bow and manic look on her face when I went out with her.  We dodged a bullet...but today is bitter cold. It IS winter after all. Here's a Christmas card picture for you ladies. And in the second  one look for my girl, just curled up and enjoying the day😄

Approximately  36 inches square.  Needs a wash after I weave in a bazillion ends. I added the heart. Used HL I Love This Yarn. 

Will make a little beanie to go with it.

20210209_075415.jpg

• Like 2

Judy you are just so fast.  Its another cute blanket.  Glad you and Lucy are enjoying the snow.  Its been snowing off and on here the past few days and in the forecast for the next few days.  Glad its not amounting to much.  There is a bit of ice in there.  Roads slick in spots.  Saw some cars off road on way to sis's.  12° is as good as gets today.  Colder temps on the way.  Not good for my aunts funeral.  Hate that we cant go and risk covid thereby messing up getting our second shot.

Brenda, there are times Lucy loves sitting out in the snow so much she just doesn't want to come inside!

That's really sad about not being able to go to the funeral...a very close neighbor (our little street is like a village) lost her adult son day before yesterday. Seems to be a blood clot - after he healed beautifully from  heart valve replacement surgery in January! He left an 11 and 13 yo, along with his wife. The nicest family...and all we want to do is hug his mom😪

COVID s**ks

Judy so sorry for your neighbor losing her son.  It does suck because I know she could really use a hug right now.  Its very difficult having to deal with loss right now and hard figuring out just what you can do to support those grieving.  Not long ago a member of sis's church passed.  Any other time church ladies would have provided a meal at the church after services.  Church usually sends flowers but it was graveside services and frigid out so flowers/plants would immediately freeze.  She checked with family and sent flowers at their request as the extended  family had paid for the marker.  Thats when I decided it was better to send flowers to my aunt before she passed away.  It just kills me not going to funeral.  I could go but have been so careful not going out for bout a year now.  I've had my first shot.  Second scheduled in 2 weeks.  I just cant let my guard down now.  On a happier note our neighborhood reps sent out a letter saying Village has contacted them about getting things  set up for Christmas dinner in Dec.  

20 hours ago, bgs said:

Judy so sorry for your neighbor losing her son.  It does suck because I know she could really use a hug right now.  Its very difficult having to deal with loss right now and hard figuring out just what you can do to support those grieving.  Not long ago a member of sis's church passed.  Any other time church ladies would have provided a meal at the church after services.  Church usually sends flowers but it was graveside services and frigid out so flowers/plants would immediately freeze.  She checked with family and sent flowers at their request as the extended  family had paid for the marker.  Thats when I decided it was better to send flowers to my aunt before she passed away.  It just kills me not going to funeral.  I could go but have been so careful not going out for bout a year now.  I've had my first shot.  Second scheduled in 2 weeks.  I just cant let my guard down now.  On a happier note our neighborhood reps sent out a letter saying Village has contacted them about getting things  set up for Christmas dinner in Dec.  

Yes...we can't let down our guard now! NJ out of vaccines....

Hope everyone is staying warm and has power. We made it thru the night above freezing with rain, but daylight brought lower temps and the rain freezing on the bushes and trees, etc. There have been outages a few miles from here but we seem to be on the lower edge of the worst of it--winter storm advisory instead of ice storm warning--and hopefully the precipitation will stop soon. We're looking at several days with highs below freezing and lows in the 20's, then teens, and one night of single digit cold--almost unheard of here.

Stay safe!

• Like 1

Mona, ice is always the scariest. hope there are no surprises with the weather or power outages!

We'll be getting sub freezing temps and some ice, etc...who knows what! The next three days will be interesting.

Meanwhile I'm working on a matching style of a blanket, but different color, for one I already have in my collection - they're for a pair of twins. The same great-grandmother I made Winnie the Pooh for! Her family is very fertile...lol!

We started the day with sleet and a little snow mixed in. It changed to snow later but really fine flakes, so only a couple inches accumulation. Highest I saw on the thermometer for the day was 14. Depending on which forecast you look at, tonight will be 0 to 4 degrees. Lowest I ever remember here in my lifetime.

Thank goodness we still have power--although the internet was out all day--and no plumbing has frozen.

There's another front coming thru Wednesday and Thursday with a higher chance of freezing rain. I really am not going to complain about the heat at all this summer. LOL

• Like 1

Mona snowed all day here and never got up to 0°.  They say -14° tonight.  For several hours today power companies here were told to do regulated power interruptions so power could go to other areas/states.  Saying they might do it again tomorrow.  Thankfully ours hasnt gone off but we sit and wonder when it might.

I really can't imagine dealing with temps that cold! We've had text/emails from the electric and gas companies here asking to reduce usage. I can understand how a short electric outage works, of course, but I don't know what the gas company options are since it can't be turned off and on like electric power. We've got gas heat, water heater, clothes dryer, and stove, so not a lot to cut back on to save electricity. 

Can't wait for the weekend and milder temps to get here!!!

-12 when I got up.  Now up to -2.  Sun is out.  I think we are going to make it above 0 today.  Woke up this morning to our power going off for the controlled rolling power interruptions.  They wanted people to set their thermostats down but since I keep ours at 64 and them threatening us with cutting the power I kicked it up to 66 which is still 2° less than what they were asking you to set them back to.

Got up this morning to 7 degrees and sunshine. Really glad to see the sun even if it did just make things melt a little and get slick. Water line in the basement to the washing machine froze overnight despite the 100 watt light bulb. DS changed the bulb for an electric heater and 10 minutes or so later it was thawed with no problem--glad we caught it early.

17 now with another front coming thru tomorrow with warmer temps but a chance of 1/2" of ice accumulation and 1-4" snow. I'll gladly take the cold temps another couple of days to avoid that ice! Life has come to a grinding halt in the area--stores, banks, Walmart, etc closed, UPS not delivering.

Stay warm and safe!

Wow, everyone seems to be having extreme weather. Our temperatures have been hovering between about -5 and 10 degrees for the last week or so and we have around 2 feet of snow on the ground. We had to shovel paths for our dog. The snow is over her head.  It was sunny yesterday and today though. And , unlike the poor people in the south, we are used to it and our power companies expect it. 

I am very slowly making my way through my crate full of cotton yarn. Several more dishcloths but a couple of potholders made so far. I also made each of my grand daughters a purse out of cotton. I’m about ready to try something else though. 

Keep warm snd stay safe. 

Cindy, I don't know how you ever get used to it. LOL

We were just below freezing all day yesterday. Some freezing rain, sleet and snow but not a lot of any of it. Another round coming thru this morning that may be snow or freezing rain. Two more nights in the teens then finally slowing climbing above freezing. The electric company has been phoning/emailing every day asking for voluntary reductions in usage or they'll have to do rolling outages which we've never had before. Hopefully we're close enough to the end of this storm for that not to happen. In my lifetime we have never had over a week of temperature below freezing.

I've got some paperwork stuff to do today that I've been putting off. Then hopefully I'll finish off the baby sweater even though the birthday party has been put off a week.

Everyone take care!

Hi...I hope everyone is surviving this unbelievable weather!

Today we have ice overlaying the snow that never went away, in addition to what we got yesterday. Ice shards went flying when I high stepped through the yard for poop patrol. Amazing how my legs are stronger with almost 2 weeks of having to trudge through this stuff. Lucy also seems to to have acclimated to it with little, if any problems. Streets were way too icy to even think of going out today. Fortunately we're stocked up.Completes another baby blanket yesterday - had a blue and white one I shared here a while back and made a yellow and white one for a book club friend to give to yet another granddaughter - who had twins. I'm finishing yet another one, based on the sweet pea CL from Attic24, but it's not needed till the end of March. I'm 2/3rds finished. Hardest part was figuring out the color way.

Mona glad you were able to unfreeze the pipes ok.

Judy I find choosing colors the hardest part of most projects.  Glad you are well stocked.  Hey did I hear something about baseball training camps starting?

Thankfully we are back to normal cold weather. Its sunny out and we might get up to 32° today for first time in over a week. I have not set foot outside for 10 days.  I watch the guys and gal cleaning sidewalks and streets.  Yesterday they had a trailer full on interesting things in parking lot across the street. Later they released this explaining what was going on.

• Like 1

Brenda, I enjoyed watching the video.

Yesterday it got up to 32 and the snow started melting off the roof. Today it may hit 40 with one more night below freezing, then headed for warmer temps. Hopefully the roads and driveway will be melted and dry by Monday and garbage pickup, mail and businesses will return to normal. It's been a long week.

I was a couch potato yesterday but I'm going to try to get some things done today. We'll see how that goes. LOL

• Like 1

And folded baby blankets...blue one was posted here a while ago and I made the yellow to match... despite looking different I used the same trellis pattern but different yarn. 

IMG_20210220_094411_141.jpg

Hi peeps.

My 27 yo goddaughter couldn't find sn actual pattern for the stashbuster GS jacket she wanted to make for herself so she winged most of it...she's very creative in other ways, also. 

IMG950616.jpg

Judy nice blankets.  Wow your goddaughter did a fantastic job on the jacket.  

Tues we got up to a glorious 70° with lots of sunshine.  The 40° the past couple of days has been great too.  We keep watching to see how long it takes to melt enough ice ion the lake for all the fish habitat to sink.

Got our second shots today.

• Like 1

Judy, pretty blankets! I always enjoy seeing pictures of Lucy. The sweater is really cute--she did a great job with it.

Brenda, I wondered if y'all had a betting pool going on when they would sink. LOL

We had several days of nice temps and sun this week. Then 3" of rain with maybe a couple more tomorrow. Very soggy here, but no complaints from me because the temps are moderate.

I finished the blanket in time for the birthday on the 17th and the toddler sweater goes to the birthday party this afternoon. I'm back to working on the dahlia blanket for a May birthday.

LIfe is not problem free but going reasonably well. Guess that's about all you can ask for.

Hope everyone stays safe, warm and healthy!

• Like 1