Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

Hi, long lost peeps!

I'm starting this new thread because something went POOF and the one we were currently using disappeared.

Someone also had a suggestion that we make this version of Our House be more of a CAL, as it used to be. We don't all have to work on one project, although that would be fun and I would be all in on something like that, but for right now we  can post pics of our current projects as well as occasional updates.

I'm open for input and suggestions!

Judy, I always enjoy seeing your colorful squares.

Yesterday I got the ends taken care of on the newest (almost adopted) grandson's birthday blanket--rainbow block blanket-- and a lap throw for the nursing home. It got put aside so long I don't remember the name of the pattern. I'm working on a  solid granny lap throw using the rainbow leftovers.

20200715_181515.jpg

20200715_181429.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks ladies!

Mona both projects look wonderful 😍

I've seen that rainbow pattern before...always a great choice for a baby blanket🤩

Wow ladies, nice work.  Judy, those squares remind me of a friendship blanket that I made years ago from gifted squares.  

Mona, congratulations on your newest grandson.  Love your blankets!

I’m trying to finish a log cabin afghan that I started years ago, but progress is slow. Summer and making blankets just don’t go together in my mind.

Thanks Judy and Cindy! Actually the new grand just turned three. Wyoming gave DS and DIL custody of her nephew in March. They are in the process of adopting him. I need to start on a baby blanket for a friend of our sons. Baby's due in September but that's not really that far off.

DH had really bad timing in his dr apts this week. I won't go into the whole story--short version, just started chemo back and then found out he needs another knee surgery which mandates stopping chemo again. Ortho is trying to coordinate with oncology to get it scheduled. He's back in the brace that doesn't allow him to bend the knee and is a very unhappy camper.

It's unbearably hot here. Heat index of 105-110. So far we are missing the occasional small chance of rain in the forecast. 

But at least we are well. Staying home except for essentials.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gardener said:

Wow ladies, nice work.  Judy, those squares remind me of a friendship blanket that I made years ago from gifted squares.  I have one of those also....I added a round of red squares to it so it fits our Queen bed.

Mona, congratulations on your newest grandson.  Love your blankets!

I’m trying to finish a log cabin afghan that I started years ago, but progress is slow. Summer and making blankets just don’t go together in my mind.

I know what you mean about summer and blankets...that pile of squares is upstairs in my sitting room. It gets really cold when the AC is on, so a perfect place to play with it.  Right now I'm knitting myself a face cloth. Tried English style, I think it's called but found it awkward, so after a couple of rows I went to Continental and it goes much faster and looks so much more neat! I can see the row where I changed styles. Pic is on my phone and will share it. When It's big enough I'll glance into YouTube for a refresher on casting off.

See we have a new address!

I have 50 more ear savers complete. Awhile back I made what is basically a 16 inch hotpad to put on on the center glass of my niece's kitchen table.  She decided she would like another in a different color.  She was real excited when I told her that each side could be a different color since I put two pieces together.  Had to order some yarn to get her colors.  I had been doing so well at not buying yarn-----it had been over a year.

This is what I am working on today----keeping him out of movers way.  Probably will never see him after today.  He is moving 400 miles away.  We will miss him so much.

20200717_124453.thumb.jpg.9b6411202f036335caea3e3eef1131fd.jpg

• Like 1

Brenda, he's a cutie! It's amazing how fast you can get attached.

It's another hot one today. We have a birthday party at the pool at noon. So glad we got the "kitchen" at the pool house air conditioned last year. The only other thing on my list is changing the bed and washing sheets. Crossing my fingers that I'll finally have some crochet time this afternoon. I started on a baby blanket a couple of days ago and haven't even finished the first row. It's just been so hot and busy, I haven't had the energy.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

• Like 1

Mona it was love at first sight.  He is such a friendly little guy.  He helped ease sadness over our move.  Dh just got back from their last walk together and we are both in tears.  Neighbor keeps saying dh was a godsend.  She could no longer take him on very long walks.  Hope the birthday goes well.  Sounds like fun.

• Sad 1

What a day! I feel like I've been run over by a truck in the middle of a wind storm. Usual busy morning of getting DH out of the house, errands, lunch, along with workers starting on the foundation for a generator shed and new renters bringing money and picking up keys. Then this afternoon I kept 3 of the grands while DIL took the 4th to the doctor. Aunt brought by some papers, neighbor some tomatoes, DH in and out several times, knee surgery finally scheduled. Waiting on two call backs. Grands have been picked up and I'm drinking a Coke.

We'll have to go to the Oxford hospital probably Saturday for DH to have a covid-19 test and I think the oncologist will want blood work in there somewhere to check his white blood count. 

Our county has been added to the governor's order for wearing masks and strict limits on numbers of people together. Local clinic told DIL to not bring Max there because they had had 60 something people in with covid-19 symptoms, so she made the longer trip to the pediatrician.

And it's another day of 105 heat index--no end in site to the heat.

Hope everyone is having a calmer Monday! LOL

20 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

What a day! I feel like I've been run over by a truck in the middle of a wind storm. Usual busy morning of getting DH out of the house, errands, lunch, along with workers starting on the foundation for a generator shed and new renters bringing money and picking up keys. Then this afternoon I kept 3 of the grands while DIL took the 4th to the doctor. Aunt brought by some papers, neighbor some tomatoes, DH in and out several times, knee surgery finally scheduled. Waiting on two call backs. Grands have been picked up and I'm drinking a Coke.

We'll have to go to the Oxford hospital probably Saturday for DH to have a covid-19 test and I think the oncologist will want blood work in there somewhere to check his white blood count. 

Our county has been added to the governor's order for wearing masks and strict limits on numbers of people together. Local clinic told DIL to not bring Max there because they had had 60 something people in with covid-19 symptoms, so she made the longer trip to the pediatrician.

Here in NJ we're getting heat index of 104 yesterday and you couldn't breath outside because of the humidity....today's heat index "only" 101

Summers are a reminder to me...as if I needed it...as to why I would NEVER EVER consider moving to FL.

So...I finished my knitted, too-small facecloth and decided to pick up my hook again...lol! The facecloth is now in my pile of dishcloths. It doesn't look too horrible but took way too long. Back to squares for my blanket.

I'm also ordering a Praying Hands graph blanket pattern -- Hubby came up with the suggestion and I love it!

Anyone else have a WIP? (Work In Progress)

I always have several WIPs. LOL I've started a Mary Maxim baby blanket--giraffe filet pattern. Also working on a lap throw using up the yarn from Jay's blanket. I found the yarn I thought I had and need to add a little more length to a scarf for operation gratitude. I have two blankets with their poor ends blowing in the breeze that I'll get to one of these days. Oh, almost forgot the dahlia blanket I started but put aside for more pressing projects.

It's been a morning on the phone or computer trying to get things done. Now hopefully I'll have a little quiet crochet time.

I got several rows done on the baby blanket and finally got a brain cramp. I guess it's been a while since I followed a filet chart, but the dc, ch1 on one row and ch 1, dc on the next is taking all the fun out of it. My brain just doesn't want to cooperate. 

22 hours ago, judianne said:

Anyone else have a WIP? (Work In Progress)

A WIP?!?  How about many WIPs?  I have at least 8 or 10. Plus the ones that I put away so well that I can’t find them. I love to start new projects. 

On 7/20/2020 at 5:20 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

That sounds like one of those days!  Our heat broke on Sunday, although it’s supposed to be back tomorrow. Yesterday and today have been in the 70s, but it’s too humid to be outside much. 

Hi peeps...sorry I've been MIA...

On 7/21/2020 at 2:59 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I always have several WIPs. LOL I've started a Mary Maxim baby blanket--giraffe filet pattern. Also working on a lap throw using up the yarn from Jay's blanket. I found the yarn I thought I had and need to add a little more length to a scarf for operation gratitude. I have two blankets with their poor ends blowing in the breeze that I'll get to one of these days. Oh, almost forgot the dahlia blanket I started but put aside for more pressing projects.

It's been a morning on the phone or computer trying to get things done. Now hopefully I'll have a little quiet crochet time.

A woman after my own heart...lol!

On 7/21/2020 at 5:19 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

I got several rows done on the baby blanket and finally got a brain cramp. I guess it's been a while since I followed a filet chart, but the dc, ch1 on one row and ch 1, dc on the next is taking all the fun out of it. My brain just doesn't want to cooperate. 

I get that!

On 7/22/2020 at 1:03 PM, Gardener said:

A WIP?!?  How about many WIPs?  I have at least 8 or 10. Plus the ones that I put away so well that I can’t find them. I love to start new projects. 

I'm not as bad as I used to be...but....there are some pretty baby colors waiting for me and Michaels is also having a small on their baby yarn...

I think I have ADD...and not just the crochet version😜

No crocheting in the last week. Too busy/tired. The guy doing the work on the first stage of the generator shed is finally going to finish today, I hope. It's been a fiasco--he won't be doing any more work for us. He evidently was just way over his head thinking he had the skills needed for the job, couldn't produce/keep the helpers he needed and was not able to think through the steps of the project. Rant/whine!

We're headed to Oxford to spend the night for DH's knee surgery in the morning. They don't let you know what time the surgery is until the day before but it was really early last time, so we're going to avoid a very early hour and a half drive tomorrow. Lots of little things to do today.

Hope everyone is well and having a good week!

Mona you have every right to whine. When you hire someone for a job they should be honest if it's out of their comfort level.

I hope the surgery went well❤

My quarantine blanket has enough squares on it now that it's only a bit shorter than twin size...meaning that it comes up to my neck...lol. It just needs a simple border then picture time.

Mona! Mona! Mona!  I sure hope you have several stay at home, boring, uneventful days coming up.  I am glad we dont have to worry about hiring people to work on or around a house anymore.

Last week sis and I took a road trip to an orchard for peaches, blackberries, corn, tomatoes and a muskmelon.  Fri I was in Walmart for first time since early March.  

I cant get very motivated on crocheting but I did turn in 50 more ear savers and got a call saying they are wanting prayer shawls.

20200724_090111.thumb.jpg.e482bbb1cf1fb39b88b482428ecf8fcd.jpg

• Like 2