Newest Version of Our House CAL!

judianne

Merry Christmas Cindy and everyone...

In many cases it's not the one we are used to experiencing, but staying as healthy as we can is what's important...

I'm so very grateful for my crochet friends here...and am sending virtual hugs to all of you💕

Edited by judianne

It's been a roller coaster week. DH developed breathing problems early Monday and had to go the emergency room where they stabilized him and airlifted him to a hospital almost 3 hours away. He was in a covid room for 3 days and moved to ICU Christmas morning, put on a ventilator that evening. He's holding his own and they've managed to reduce his oxygen input some but it's still touch and go. We're getting much better info/updates from the ICU than we were from the covid unit, thank goodness.

I tested positive Christmas Eve but have only a few mild symptoms. Younger DS and his family have been sending me videos of the kids and their Christmas fun so that's been a great distraction. DIL's mother is in the hospital in Montana with covid but improving and then her step father suddenly died at home yesterday. He had also had covid but don't know his cause of death.

Our friends and small community have been very supportive but trying to keep everyone informed has almost been a full time job. I've been too distracted and can't seem to concentrate so have only watched some tv. I thought about crocheting but guess I'll let that be on hold until after my quarantine time.

One bright/normal spot to the week was the town's fireworks show Christmas Eve. It's a very long time tradition so it was really nice it didn't get canceled. 

Hope everyone is finding some normal in this strange year's holiday season. I have faith that the new year will be better.

Thank you for being here, my dear crochet friends!

Hi, my friends.

On 12/26/2020 at 12:03 PM, bgs said:

The Magic of Christmas never ends and its greatest of gifts are family and friends.  Merry Christmas

I too am grateful for all of you.

Family and friends - yes! I'm also grateful for our supportive little group here.💕

On 12/26/2020 at 1:17 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

It's been a roller coaster week. DH developed breathing problems early Monday and had to go the emergency room where they stabilized him and airlifted him to a hospital almost 3 hours away. He was in a covid room for 3 days and moved to ICU Christmas morning, put on a ventilator that evening. He's holding his own and they've managed to reduce his oxygen input some but it's still touch and go. We're getting much better info/updates from the ICU than we were from the covid unit, thank goodness.

Oh, Mona❤️ I know how important knowing what is going on is, esp when you can't be there. Hubby and you, and your family are all in my prayers.

I tested positive Christmas Eve but have only a few mild symptoms. Younger DS and his family have been sending me videos of the kids and their Christmas fun so that's been a great distraction. DIL's mother is in the hospital in Montana with covid but improving and then her step father suddenly died at home yesterday. He had also had covid but don't know his cause of death.

Our friends and small community have been very supportive but trying to keep everyone informed has almost been a full time job. I've been too distracted and can't seem to concentrate so have only watched some tv. I thought about crocheting but guess I'll let that be on hold until after my quarantine time.

One bright/normal spot to the week was the town's fireworks show Christmas Eve. It's a very long time tradition so it was really nice it didn't get canceled. 

Hope everyone is finding some normal in this strange year's holiday season. I have faith that the new year will be better.

Thank you for being here, my dear crochet friends! Always....

Finally time to catch my breath for a few minutes. DH passed away yesterday, so there have been lots of details to iron out and even more phone calls. Funeral is set for Monday, a family only graveside service. He had too many friends to try to have a full open service. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with both boys. They're helping me be strong. It's a lot to take in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, greyhoundgrandma said:

Finally time to catch my breath for a few minutes. DH passed away yesterday, so there have been lots of details to iron out and even more phone calls. Funeral is set for Monday, a family only graveside service. He had too many friends to try to have a full open service. I've spent a lot of time on the phone with both boys. They're helping me be strong. It's a lot to take in.

Oh,my...I am so very, very sorry for your loss. He will be so, so missed by many.  Your are loved, Mona. 

On 12/30/2020 at 2:54 PM, greyhoundgrandma said:

Mona: I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad to read that your DS's are helping you through this. Take good care to fully recuperate yourself.

Hugs- ReniC  :hug

I washed and bagged three christening blankets for the ministry - just need to embroider little crosses on each. 

Now I'm back at crocheting a giant GS throw the way The Patchwork Heart does it, changing colors every round....at least I was until I got dizzy looking at the color changes....not really, but I did think it looked busy, so now I'm doing 2 rounds of colors before changing.

I have been working on mini stockings.  Still need to work in ends.  It snowed off and on most all day yesterday starting out with sleet/freezing rain.  Was really glad to not loose power like many did.  They have been by and shoveled from our front door to main sidewalk.  Eventually they will be by with their equipment to clean main sidewalk and driveway.  Wed they told us the vaccination schedule---care center this week, assisted living next week , and independent living the week of the 25th. 

• Like 1

Hi peeps.

Was gifted this yarn...and it made the perfect cowl.

Just sc, ch 1, DC and whipstitched it closed. Yarn worked beautifully for such a simple design. 

20210105_084444.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, judianne said:

Hi peeps.

Was gifted this yarn...and it made the perfect cowl.

Just sc, ch 1, DC and whipstitched it closed. Yarn worked beautifully for such a simple design. 

Very pretty Judy. You did a fine job and love the look of the stitch.

Thanks, Reni!

I've learned so much from my online crochet friends!

Delivering 4 christening blankets to the church today.

EDIT: I just checked ...as of last November I've been on here for 14 years!!!

Edited by judianne

I add tiny embroidered crosses to the blankets. This beautiful blanket was made by my 97 yo friend...after I wash them and embroider the crosses I bag them individually before giving them to the lady who distributes them.

20210106_090252.jpg

Edited by judianne
  • Like 1

Judy, your cowl is pretty--color and stitch pattern!

I'm ready to get off the phone call merry-go-round, but there's still lots to do/change/take care of. Still remembering someone I should have notified. We are SO glad we just had a family only graveside service with just a handful of friends and minimal family. Older DS got home Monday and had an email that someone in his section at work had tested positive. He got up sick Tuesday morning and tested positive. So far says it just feels like a sinus infection and is on antibiotics/vitamins. So the younger DS and his family are quarantining. Luckily there were probably only two other people that he had any real contact with.

We live in a town of around 300. There are at least four households on my block with covid and they haven't even had contact with each other. It's really scary how it has just exploded in the last month. At least the vaccine is slowly becoming available here, although through March it's for specific groups that we don't qualify for.

On the lighter side, I bought some lottery tickets this week. On the occasions that we bought tickets, DH loved to dream about what all the things he would do with the money. As quirky as the last year has been, if I ever had any change of winning, it would be now. LOL

I'm itching to get back to crocheting, just have to get my brain to settle down and be able to concentrate on it.

Good to hear from you Mona. Sorry to hear about your son being ill. I do hope it turns out to be a mild case and he heals quickly.

My DH used to buy a Powerball when the jackpot would go over a certain amount. He won a couple of grand 2 different times. I had my daughter pick one up for me, but, didn't get one number. I'm not much of a gambler, that's for sure. I hope you were successful on your lottery tickets. 

Back to the ol' drawing board. My afghan is calling me. Here's hoping the day goes smoothly.

I’m glad to hear from you Mona.  Anther online friend who recently lost her husband said the phone calls afterwards seemed never ending.  Hope your DS feels better soon and that no one else gets sick. We know a lot of people who have gotten it recently too. Several have been hospitalized but so far all have survived. 

I’ve never bought a lottery ticket, although I’ve been tempted by those huge jackpots. I never win anything ever though, so I’m pretty sure I haven’t missed a golden opportunity.

Judy, as usual, lovely baby blanket and cowl.

One of my goals for this year ought to be to finish my bags full of UFOs.  I don’t seem to have a lot of interest in some of those old projects though, so I decided to work at decreasing my yarn stash instead.  So far I have knit 3 dishcloths and I have a fourth half done.  That will use up 2 skeins of cotton. I probably have 30 or 40 more plus at least one cone.  That’s a lot of dishcloths and potholders. I could make tote bags but I have a lot of single skeins.  I guess the yarn might work for a sunhat.   And then there are the 100s of skeins of other yarns. And this is after I donated a garbage bag full.  I had better stay out of craft stores......