Net Stitch Angel

kariholtz

kari, your angel is beautiful. even without starching. i love making angels, what i do is starch them then glitter them,either by using glitter and glue or actually using the glue with the glitter. they turn out beautiful, i love yours though is beautiful.thanks for sharing the pattern i will make some for christmas for my friends and family:hug :hug :hug :hug

Thanks everyone. She's such a easy cute little pattern. I have another one done and am starting the third for gifts.

There's a story behind the angels. (There's ALWAYS a story with me :P )

My husband's mother had a collection of angel ornaments that she would put on their christmas tree every year. When she passed (long before I met David) instead of dividing them up they decided to keep them together and her only daughter to have them.

Ever since I have known him, around Christmas time he has given his daughter, his daughter in law, and me an angel ornament for our trees. The first one (which was sets of 3 beautiful crystal angels), he included a note about his mothers angels, one that was so touching I cried. I still have it too.

So this year while making the girl's snowflake ornaments I decided I would find an angel pattern for their tree.

I never met his mother but from what I have heard and from knowing her son she had to have been one wonderful lady. Since she was a fellow crocheter I felt it fitting to honor her with crocheted angels this year.

man, I have been sappy this year....

Archived