75th Birthday Graph Ghan

Tampa Doll

My BIL is going to be 75 this year and I wanted to make something special for him.  I started out to make a dog, then decided to make a graph ghan.

He is an avid hunter and he likes to hunt with dogs.  The first one I remember is a German Short Haired Pointer named Sally.  She was not only a great hunter, but a great family dog.  She use to sing Happy Birthday with us.  It use to crack me up.

Sally, as my BIL says, was a great hunter.  She did not flinch when the gun went off and she was great at retrieving.

The only thing she was afraid of was my Sister's Persian Cat, but he was mean.  They would not see him for a week, but when I showed up, he would sit on the table in front of me and hiss.  We had a mutual understanding, I did not like him and he did not like me.

Anyway,  I decided to try and make an afghan with Sally's picture on it.  I could not get her picture, but I got something very close.

Here is the result.

post-105-0-64266700-1459962658_thumb.jpgpost-105-0-30489700-1459962673_thumb.jpg

Here I am checking it out.

post-105-0-64267300-1459962701_thumb.jpg

How long did it take?

It is all single crochet and I say it took me about a month once I got the yarn I needed.  I thought I would need a lot of time, after I had a hard time with the last one.  Go figure.

My only problem is I want to send it now.

Send it! Haha. I'm sure he wont mind getting it early. It really is like the coolest thing I have ever seen. I sure wish you could see his face when he opens it!

What a gorgeous afghan!!! I started doing a 'ghan based off a character and never finished it. It was too annoyed, dealing with the skeins of the different colors everywhere, making it tricky to work up. Finally I gave up!

What a gorgeous afghan!!! I started doing a 'ghan based off a character and never finished it. It was too annoyed, dealing with the skeins of the different colors everywhere, making it tricky to work up. Finally I gave up!

Thank you all.  Actually I do not use full skeins, except for the back ground. I use bobbins for the other colors, as it is easier to use and they do not get as tangled as when you use full skeins.

Archived