Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Christmas Eve is our big celebration so cooking prep starts tomorrow big time.  DH finished the shopping today.  Got everything wrapped Monday and Tuesday.  Every year I swear I'm going to find things that are easier to wrap, but then the excitement of the right gift blinds me to how much fun it will be to wrap.

I don't have the pics to post yet but I did finish the 4 scrapghans I made for my niece's 4 kids. My niece on husbands side like the one I made for the girl that she's getting the granny ripple version for a high school graduation gift next year. Making small dents in my yarn stash.

Great idea....I keep trying to use stash - then end up running out of a color I really want/need to use. I'm a bit OCD with my work. :reyes

A few things to wrap. I dont cook :)

:rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl  :rofl

Christmas Eve is our big celebration so cooking prep starts tomorrow big time.  DH finished the shopping today.  Got everything wrapped Monday and Tuesday.  Every year I swear I'm going to find things that are easier to wrap, but then the excitement of the right gift blinds me to how much fun it will be to wrap.

:haha ....If a gift speaks to me, I don't think about how to wrap it either!

Have a great Christmas Eve/Day, my friends - and Happy Hanukah, Yule....whatever y'all celebrate!

Be back in a couple of days....with the new thread link :devil

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukah to all my friends here and let's not forget Happy Birthday.

I shall be waiting for the new thread.  I am done with everything and I can just relax and enjoy the games today and tomorrow.

Beautiful Holly!

MJ, I am with you! Nothing left to make!!

First of the Holiday visits are over,  went to see mom and my brother came up... it was a nice visit.  Mom was having a great day.

Looking forward to the new thread!

Merry Christmas & Hanukah  Peace, Blessings and Hugs... all teh way around!

I wish I had been as busy as you all the year… Busy with yarn of course… 

When I checked my list I made here a year ago (  :2eek ) it's not so bad.

1. Shepherds, kings and sheep for my Nativity

2. Star wars toys for my brother   :check 

3. Shawls or wraps for my nieces  :check (well, a hat and a scarf for one niece…)

4. Ami - cat for my friend's daughter  :check

5. My daughter's hat  :check

6. Hat for me!  :check

7. Snowflakes! Lot of snowflakes!  :check

BUT I haven't made any new figure for my nativity. When I took it out this year and put in my kids' room, my daughter started to play with it immadiately - every day. So I thought I HAVE TO crochet animals and other people. And make a set for my nieces too. 

I hope maybe now when I'm still in Christmas mood, I'll do it.

And yesterday evening the donkey was born  :2rock

My gifts are done! I made a blanket for my mom and doll clothes for the girlies. The other set is the same, just a sparkly blue instead of pink.

Gorgeous work!! Isn't that called Sophie's ghan?? Awesome challenge!

I wish I had been as busy as you all the year… Busy with yarn of course… 

When I checked my list I made here a year ago (  :2eek ) it's not so bad.

1. Shepherds, kings and sheep for my Nativity

2. Star wars toys for my brother   :check 

3. Shawls or wraps for my nieces  :check (well, a hat and a scarf for one niece…)

4. Ami - cat for my friend's daughter  :check

5. My daughter's hat  :check

6. Hat for me!  :check

7. Snowflakes! Lot of snowflakes!  :check

BUT I haven't made any new figure for my nativity. When I took it out this year and put in my kids' room, my daughter started to play with it immadiately - every day. So I thought I HAVE TO crochet animals and other people. And make a set for my nieces too. 

I hope maybe now when I'm still in Christmas mood, I'll do it.

And yesterday evening the donkey was born  :2rock

You accomplished so much!

And yes - you can get that mojo going to work on nativity figures!

BBL! :D

My gifts are done! I made a blanket for my mom and doll clothes for the girlies. The other set is the same, just a sparkly blue instead of pink.

That is a gorgeous blanket! I love the doll clothes as well!

Not as good as I would have hoped, but I did get a few things done plus 2 scarves for friends, can cozies for a friend, a ood ski mask and a gnome and a willie warmer for Mr Tribble, a tie and a willie warmer for my father.

Updated List:

1. Bath Poufs for a few people I like, 15 or so I think

2. Chica, Bonnie from Five nights at Freddies for Little Tribbles birthday in may; Foxy graphghan for him for Christmas.This turned into A sonic graphghan and tails amigurumi - done

3. Doggie coats and slippers for a friend

4. Peacock graphghan for mom This turned into a Tinkerbell graphghan - done

5. Steelers graphghan for Mr Tribble Still working on this! LOL

plus items I have in progress that I need to finish

1. Enderman from minecraft

2. Tapeworm

3. Creeper pillowcase from minecraft

4. a minecraft type my little pony I was creating, not sure I will like how it's going to turn out.

Agreed! That blanket is gorgeous!! Very well done!

Ok so I didn't get everything on my list accomplished but I still have time! DH and I exchange gifts on Kings Day so I still have a few days to finish his scarf and I'm going to hook up an infinity scarf for my BFF who I will see on Friday.

Here's what I accomplished:

Giant 200+ square granny afghan for my brother, pictures to come.

Beautiful snowflake appliqué pillow for MIL made entirely by yours truly (at the 11th hour) see picture.

Snowflake for mom

HufflePuff Harry Potter hat made for niece.

Scarf for DH and BFF (still in progress.

The pillow is quite the saga! I gave up trying to buy a plain 12x12 cotton pillow and just made one using some white & navy yarn I had and used a Tunisian simple stitch on the front and purl stitch on the back. Made this during my free time the week of Christmas, stayed up until 3:30 sewing it and assembling it the night before we flew home. Staying up was way easier than packing all the stuff I would need to assemble it from Nebraska. Anyway, I'm enormously proud of it and it was very well received by MIL. Wanted to make one for my mom too but ran out of time.

post-61033-0-26852200-1482946989_thumb.jpg

post-61033-0-58781600-1482947002_thumb.jpg

Here we go, my brother and I holding up the giant blanket. He loves it!

For those who may not know, it's the character Link from the first Legend of Zelda game. A game which holds fond memories for my brother and our family.

post-61033-0-36857600-1482949994_thumb.jpg

We visited with my niece yesterday and her 4 kids got their scrapghans.  They loved them and were thrilled that each one not only was different colors, but none was the same pattern.  I was mentioning in the Boxing Day thread I would like to find a place that accepts donations of afghans locally, way to expensive to ship they were heavy just carrying 4 of them :yes, for next year.  I enjoyed making them and I really need to downsize my yarn population.

Archived