Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning.

I went to oranges, as the kids got older, they did not want homemade gifts and there was no way I could afford what they wanted.  So it became a family gift and Wa La oranges.

I have relaxed enough and I think I will start a couple of things for next year.

I know this year seems to be moving right along.  We are almost to the end of the yearly sled ride, down the hill.

Hugs to all :hug  :ghug  :hug 

I have been thinking about next years gifts. I have two ideas for my brother and SIL and my sister and BIL

1) name doilies displayed on a black serving tray under plexiglass (or framed if the tray idea fails)

2) kitchen sets of a purchased over the sink draining rack, a drying pad (large 2 strand cotton crochet mat)

Scrubbies and a clean/dirty sign for the dishwasher.

One decorative one practical will see which i feel like doing.

Hi, elves!

Yes by all means HAPPY BIRTHDAY JUDIANNE!!Thank you!

Oranges sound like a great gift idea!! Next year I really need to put my foot down on my self and not spend so much....

I've got 2 more pkgs to mail...

..and please tell me how next weekend is Christmas, seriously....I think my calendar is wrongLOL!

Happy birthday!!!

Thank you!!

Good Morning.

I went to oranges, as the kids got older, they did not want homemade gifts and there was no way I could afford what they wanted.  So it became a family gift and Wa La oranges.

I have relaxed enough and I think I will start a couple of things for next year.You go, girl!!

I know this year seems to be moving right along.  We are almost to the end of the yearly sled ride, down the hill.

Hugs to all :hug  :ghug  :hug 

Not sure, but I think the speed with which time goes by is in direct correlation to the years I've been on the planet.... :reyes

I have been thinking about next years gifts. I have two ideas for my brother and SIL and my sister and BIL

1) name doilies displayed on a black serving tray under plexiglass (or framed if the tray idea fails)Oh, that sounds gorgeous!

2) kitchen sets of a purchased over the sink draining rack, a drying pad (large 2 strand cotton crochet mat)I made a drying mat for myself years ago, 2 strands and all - it wears like iron! Great idea!
Scrubbies and a clean/dirty sign for the dishwasher. :tup 

One decorative one practical will see which i feel like doing.

If I were you, I would do the practical first in case the decorative one gives you problems. Just the way I operate: easy first. ;)

Whew! I'm finally done with my crazy week of Concert! Now I can finally finish up all my little projects. We head for home next Thursday so I have 1 week to finish stuff up. the DH and I exchange gifts on Epiphany so I still have time on his present. 

Great work ladies and happy belated birthday Judianne!!

Whew! I'm finally done with my crazy week of Concert! Now I can finally finish up all my little projects. We head for home next Thursday so I have 1 week to finish stuff up. the DH and I exchange gifts on Epiphany so I still have time on his present. 

Great work ladies and happy belated birthday Judianne!!

Thank you!

Oh Yeah! I'm done with the giant blanket!!! Just finished a few minutes ago. I'm going to wash it and then I'll share a photo.

Until then, amuse yourself with this gorgeous snowflake I still hope to sew to a pillow for my MIL for Xmas.

post-61033-0-83988800-1481938569_thumb.jpg

Oh Yeah! I'm done with the giant blanket!!! Just finished a few minutes ago. I'm going to wash it and then I'll share a photo.

Until then, amuse yourself with this gorgeous snowflake I still hope to sew to a pillow for my MIL for Xmas.

That is gorgeous!!! Your MIL will cherish it, I'm sure!

I don't have the pics to post yet but I did finish the 4 scrapghans I made for my niece's 4 kids. My niece on husbands side like the one I made for the girl that she's getting the granny ripple version for a high school graduation gift next year. Making small dents in my yarn stash.

Archived