Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished these Faded Lace Mitts by Meg Haines in Cascade Yarns Heritage Prints Merino Wool/ 20% Nylon... These are for my Aunt for her birthday this month. The picture does not do these mitts justice. They are so soft and I love the yarn pattern!

Not so much time to crochet with Mom here, but I do take time through the day when she naps to hook a bit!

I got a package from Mary Maxium today, and one from Annie's.... THAT will keep me busy for awhile!!

Those are lovely, such a pretty color way.

Judy and Mary Jo, I'm not at all surprised that the recipients of your gifts were pleased with them. Both were wonderful!

Thanks, Cindy! This forum has helped my crocheting immeasureably over the years!

I just crocheted the first row for the letters on the graph ghan, so that hurdle is over. Pink blanket....switched to a Caron pattern because of the way it felt with the RHSS

I forgot to post my ranbow Bunny for my daughter. First I wanted to make it for  Christmas gift, but then I decided to give it to her for a New Year. With wishes - may the New Year be as colorful for her as the Bunny… 

post-30828-0-37979800-1452457721_thumb.jpg

And updating my list...

1. Shepherds, kings and sheep for my Nativity

2. Star wars toys for my brother

3. Shawls or wraps for my nieces

4. Ami - cat for my friend's daughter

5. My daughter's hat

6. Hat for me!

7. Snowflakes! Lot of snowflakes!

I forgot to post my ranbow Bunny for my daughter. First I wanted to make it for  Christmas gift, but then I decided to give it to her for a New Year. With wishes - may the New Year be as colorful for her as the Bunny… 

attachicon.gifrainbow rabbit.jpg

And updating my list...

5. My daughter's hat

6. Hat for me!

That is super cute!

And updating my list...

5. My daughter's hat

6. Hat for me!

so adorable...What a sweet sentiment too!!

And updating my list...

5. My daughter's hat

6. Hat for me!

That bunny is super cute! and your list is long, but it actually looks fairly manageable, even though some are what we would call fiddly. Looking forward to pictures!

Holly...we ALL do more than one thing at atime...lol!

Pat, what are you using for your posts? I'm on a Nook, and its basic, so is the look I get when I post from my phone...

Actually I am on my computer.  It was working before and all of a sudden it stopped.  It's been weird since sometimes I go to post and the print starts out so tiny I can't read it. 

I love everyone projects, they are all really nice and anyone would be glad to receive any of them.  I'm still working on an afghan for a friend and I don't want to start anything else until this is finished.  It's a round ripple and I'm at the stage where it takes forever to get once around, lol.  I've been having a lot of pain in my hands when I crochet so I can only crochet for about an hour these days before I have to quit so it takes a little longer to get things done.

Pat, it sounds like your computer... :(

And I know about having to ick and choose projects. Since the pink blanket and the marine corps one need to be ready before April that's all I've been doing. The graph ghan gets less time because its harder on my hands. The pattern for the pink one, plus the lightness of the bamboo hook make that one easy on my hands. I've made a ton of RRs so I know exactly what you're talking about! Sounds like you're doing a good job of pacing yourself.

I love the bunny and everyone seems busy. 

Sorry I have not been on, as I have been trying to finish up the Drama/Comedy mask afghan for my granddaughter. 

Well I got the mask done and I was on my last 46 row------Bam ran out of the coral yarn.  I can not believe it.  I ordered 6 skeins of this yarn, you would think it was enough.  Nooooooooooooooooooooooo I had to order more and pay for the faster shipping, as I have to get this thing done.  Her birthday is Feb. 2nd.  I just got an e-mail telling me it is shipped, so I should get it this week.  I can finish the afghan and then do the edging.

When this is done, I think I will make some doll cloths for Bailey4's charity.  Then who knows, but not afghans for a while.  Don't know why this afghan is giving me so much trouble, not as if I have not done one of these graph ghans.  I also will be making some small dolls and snakes for Peggy85225's charity.

I love this thread, it keeps me sane and on schedule.  I got more done last year, than I ever got done for Christmas and birthdays.

Sorry to hear about the hands Pat.

I love the bunny and everyone seems busy. 

Sorry I have not been on, as I have been trying to finish up the Drama/Comedy mask afghan for my granddaughter. THAT SOUNDS LIKE A FUN GHAN....CAN YOU SHARE A PICTURE?

Well I got the mask done and I was on my last 46 row------Bam ran out of the coral yarn.  I can not believe it.  I ordered 6 skeins of this yarn, you would think it was enough.  Nooooooooooooooooooooooo I had to order more and pay for the faster shipping, as I have to get this thing done.  Her birthday is Feb. 2nd.  I just got an e-mail telling me it is shipped, so I should get it this week.  I can finish the afghan and then do the edging.

When this is done, I think I will make some doll cloths for Bailey4's charity.  Then who knows, but not afghans for a while.  Don't know why this afghan is giving me so much trouble, not as if I have not done one of these graph ghans.  I also will be making some small dolls and snakes for Peggy85225's charity.

That is so sweet of you to help out!

I love this thread, it keeps me sane and on schedule.  I got more done last year, than I ever got done for Christmas and birthdays.I'm so happy to hear you have been getting so much out of this thread!

Sorry to hear about the hands Pat.

This is where I am at.  I finally got my yarn yesterday and I have 26 more rows to do then the edging.  Not sure what I am going to do for that, but I will think of something.  I hope to get this done by the weekend.

So here is the Comedy/Drama Mask afghan so far.

post-105-0-44139800-1452703517_thumb.jpg  This is the back of the afghan.

Oh yeah this is my crochet corner. :D 

wow...Mary Jo!

That is amazing!

For edgings, esp ghans that have interest, like graph ghans, I use the rev sc. Its a pain on something that big, but looks neat.

Wasnt happy with the tail so i adapted the pattern and started over.

I think it looks better now. Hope my niece will like it when it is done.

Love the tail on this, so pretty.

Thank you all for the comments. 

Archived