Encouragement for Making Gifts, 2016 version ;)

judianne

Hi, ladies.

Welcome, Pat and Cindy. We did seem to do better than 2014, so it seems we're getting the hang of things.

Cinfy, I know what you mean about the phone and its small, screen. I'm using my nook 9 inch to post. I detest virtual keyboards.

Thanks for the compliments on the basket.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yoda is great. My son and my brother are huge Star wars fans. A few days ago my brother surprised me with "a gift" - patterns for Star Wars characters. You know this kind of "gifts"? It says - here is  a pattern for you - please make these creatures for me.... :lol  I asked my brother what does he need these for. He said he's going to introduce Star Wars to his daughters (the oldest is 3 yo)  :laughroll

So I guess I should start my list too....

I managed to make the most important people for my Nativity - so this year I definitely should make shepherds and sheep and kings.... (you know, they are still on their way, so should get to Baby Jesus next December...)

Here I posted my Nativity set 

http://www.crochetville.com/community/topic/156032-my-nativity-scene/

And definitely I want to make one special hat for my daughter. Not for Christmas, but for winter.

Yoda is great. My son and my brother are huge Star wars fans. A few days ago my brother surprised me with "a gift" - patterns for Star Wars characters. You know this kind of "gifts"? It says - here is  a pattern for you - please make these creatures for me.... :lol.

At least he gifted you the pattern. My sister just sends links to pinterest and etsy. I either have to buy the pattern, find a free version or just wing it!

OK...My Aunt's tote bag for the end of January ( birthday)

stuffed animal and blanket for new grand due in may ( a boy)

R2D2 ghan for oldest

Hat for oldest

mits and scarf for dil#1

ami for gs

NCSU blanket for 2nd oldest son

Hat

mits and scarf for dil#2

ami for gs

Christmas ornies, stockings, dishcloth sets

Halloween things for my neice

patriotic afghan

Hi everyone! I'm new here and was directed to this group from the introduction group. I'm starting Christmas gifts already because I know it will take me forever to finish them lol. I'm making poinsettia throws from the red heart website for my mom and mother in law. 1 granny square down, 71 to go!

Well I'm in too!!  Ratdog's family is kind of like mine.. they tag me on Facebook and Pinterest  saying for me Mimi!!! LOL!!  and Evelyn those poinsettas afghans are so pretty!! I made myself one a few years ago.

So far I have a short list, but I have already found something I want Just for me since that afghan a few years ago is the only thing I've ever kept for myself..

1: Starlight Afghan for DIL #1

2: Christmas Afghan for DIL #2 - pattern to be figured out later although I think it will be the Retro Ornament from 

Red Heart

3: Christmas Afghan for DIL#3 - pattern to be figured out later

4: Friendship squares for DD to be put together.. She received all these squares when I was here a couple of years ago and I never got them put together! :eek  and now that I finally picked up my hooks again she is saying mama where are all of my squares!! :2eek

5: the gift for myself is a Beautiful poncho that I found on a crochet site last night! LOVE it!!

I know the feeling too! My sister sends me emails with pictures "can you make this?" I'm still trying to figure out what I want to make. I do know one thing will be a virus shawl.

I'm in too!

I need all the encouragement I can get to finish

4- shark/alligator blankets

4- mermaid tail blankets

4- Easter bunnies

1 - monkey

2 -ufo's I want to finish

2- charity blankets

Tons of hats/scarves for the foster children/battered women and homeless

Pillow cases for the foster children

A tie braided fleece blanket (grandson 2 wants it)

My sister 's star blanket

Granny zigzag for daughter.

Lots of baskets( anyone have a great pattern)

Scrubbies

Wash-clothes (made a few of these)

Angel wash-clothes

Pot holders. / hot pads (Made over 20 so far)

I'm sure I will keep adding to the list

I'm sure I can get most of it done and it's nice to see a list and keep me on track.

My DIL sends "isn't that cute" email links. After a horrible experience with a rabbit before the first GD was born (she specifically asked for it), I now pick and choose carefully! Usually just respond, "really cute" and then try the ones I want to or can find patterns for.

I'm in too!

I need all the encouragement I can get to finish

4- shark/alligator blankets

4- mermaid tail blankets

4- Easter bunnies

1 - monkey

2 -ufo's I want to finish

2- charity blankets

Tons of hats/scarves for the foster children/battered women and homeless

Pillow cases for the foster children

A tie braided fleece blanket (grandson 2 wants it)

My sister 's star blanket

Granny zigzag for daughter.

Lots of baskets( anyone have a great pattern)

Scrubbies

Wash-clothes

Angel wash-clothes

Pot holders. / hot pads

I'm sure I will keep adding to the list

I'm sure I can get most of it done and it's nice to see a list and keep me on track.

We'll have to bring hooks and yarn and crochet, eat and chat when we get together! That's an awesome list!

Scrubbies were a big hit in 2015.  I found a free pattern that used Red Heart Super Saver that cleans really well here.  I made some for my niece and put some in the pocket of my SIL's pocket scarf and they were happy with them because they'd seen them in action in my house.  They work up quick and oddly enough clean better with cheaper yarn.  I experimented with some left over "nicer" acrylic and they didn't clean as well. 

Welcome, Evelyn13 & Lea, and Owlvamp.

Wow... We will have to get out our pom poms to cheer on some of you!! I can be done. I think I remember someone here on the ville who used a spreadsheet to keep track of all of her projects and the progress she was making.

I'm doing projects as needed. A dear friend is FL asked for a new tote, and I finished it tonight

That's an awesome tote, judianne!!! Turned out very pretty. I am on the quest to find a cross body bag that I love and can make for myself to pack as a purse. I havn't packed a purse for a couple of years as I am not willing to pay the prices they want on purses I am sure I will end up hating. I have so much trouble finding a purse I like...

Happy new year all!!!

Archived