Uncle Sam Afghan

yarn_monkey

Finally finished my Uncle Sam! The squares and all the pieces were easy enough but sewing everything together and onto the square was really tedious! I'm really happy with it, but glad it's done!  :)

The pattern is from Maggie's Crochet. 

I used Caron One Pound in Midnight Blue and RHSS in White, Cherry Red and Baby Pink. The eyes are standard glue-on googly eyes and the noses are heart buttons from Hobby Lobby. 

post-11765-0-16749900-1439866158_thumb.jpg

Full afghan

post-11765-0-13040700-1439866153_thumb.jpg

Close up

I am glad you gotter done!  It is pretty neat.  You did an awesome job on those stars.  I find it difficult to get multiple stars made let alone attached to anything to turn out so identical to each other.  

Very clever design, beautiful blanket!   :yes  I think I would have decided after 2 squares to just make a pillow (for all the work involved).

About halfway through, I was tempted!!  :yes I kept telling myself "only ___ more hats to sew on". It became my mantra to get me through!

I am glad you gotter done!  It is pretty neat.  You did an awesome job on those stars.  I find it difficult to get multiple stars made let alone attached to anything to turn out so identical to each other.  

I knew those stars were going to be the worst by the end, so I knocked them out first while I was still as excited as possible about the project! Lol! And those bent safety pins were my best friend for attaching the hats and stars!

well how cute is that!! Good Luck at the fair, i know it is bound t0 win a ribbon!!! So very much work........wow... :cheer:yes

Thanks!! I'm hoping for Best in Show this year. That big purple rosette ribbon would look so pretty hanging in my craft room!  :manyheart

• 2 weeks later...

Our County Fair is happening now and I finally made it by to see if I had gotten a ribbon! 

post-11765-0-93894000-1440987215_thumb.jpg

First place!!  :yay  Next is the State Fair and that starts on September 25th!

Congratulations on your ribbon. Excellent choice of pattern to enter your local fair. You rocked that one! :clap 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived