Holding steady

BigPinkPolkaDot

howieann

Only one person couldn't resist...  :yarn  :yarn 

SHOOT THE MOON  owlvamp WTD -9 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I used up the ball of white I made on last week's count, +1, then needed more so I went out and bought that and a replacement for another skein I'm about to run out of, -4, which brings me to a big fat -3 to start the week. What a way to start the week! Lol! 

I used up a ball of cotton...+1 and picked up my packages at the post office--6 cones of cotton....-12   = -11.

Also just realized I have another package of yarn that's supposed to be here Wednesday...10 skeins to make two different matching sweaters for my GDs.

Rolled a skein into a ball...+2   = -10

Didn't :crocheting  much Sat., did some house cleaning and :yarn  organizing. Finished my 5th scarf Sun. and just finished a 6th one tonight. 2 skeins gone :cheer  (+4). I have 1 skein left, so I hope to get another scarf done in a couple of days. After that, I'm going to try and use up (or roll them down) some slightly used skeins of rainbow colors. I can find some black (and the pattern), I might make some smiley face squares.

WTD:  + 4  YTD:  + 51

Ellie 13

well, I used two skeins, and 3 balls of novelty yarn on some scarves, so i think my score so far this week, would be +7, but Im still working on one more scarf,outof scrap balls, so try to get that done, before sunday.....

I'm in big trouble this week. It was my birthday on Tuesday so you know what that meant lots of yarn. I received 15 skeins. Good thing I have used 5 of those. -30 +10= -22

WTD -20

Like I said I am in trouble once again.

I made a couple wash clothes , hot pad and two baskets. Oh and a granny square afghan for a guy . Here's a picture of the basket.

It was made from t-shirt yarn. It works up very fast.

post-73065-0-04152300-1432256540_thumb.jpg

I have. Question if I cut up some t- shirts and make yarn from them do they count as a skein of yarn? I will roll them into balls does that Count? Wasn't sure how that counted. Also made three balls of plarn yarn from bags. How does that count or dont count them?

I have. Question if I cut up some t- shirts and make yarn from them do they count as a skein of yarn? I will roll them into balls does that Count? Wasn't sure how that counted. Also make three balls of plarn yarn from bags. How does that count or dont count them?

I guess that would be considered yarn--your choice though. That's too complicated for my thinking tonight! I started to say you have to count it as yarn coming in to be able to count it as yarn going out. But you already have it, so it isn't coming in new.

I used up a ball of cotton...+1 and picked up my packages at the post office--6 cones of cotton....-12   = -11.

Also just realized I have another package of yarn that's supposed to be here Wednesday...10 skeins to make two different matching sweaters for my GDs.

Rolled a skein into a ball...+2   = -10

The other package arrived...-20     =  -30.

I have. Question if I cut up some t- shirts and make yarn from them do they count as a skein of yarn? I will roll them into balls does that Count? Wasn't sure how that counted. Also made three balls of plarn yarn from bags. How does that count or dont count them?

Ok t-shirts and plarn aren't going to come up as an issue very often, so let's go the generous route and say that you already possess the material so it isn't a negative to make them into a ball. But you can count them as positive numbers as you use the balls up.

Do you have a plan for your t shirt yarn? I bought some at the tent sale and I'm thinking a tote bag but I haven't decided.

Yes, I have made two baskets so far. Want to make sister one for her birthday.

Then I want to make some rugs with it.

I just made five balls of tshirt yarn.

I also bought tshirt from the tent sale last year. It works up fast cause you re using a huge hook. :)

Oh baskets! Smart!!  :) I might do one of those! I have too many plans for yarn I got from the tent sale for being so far away from being able to work on any of them...  :reyes

I made a handtowel today using up a little over a skein of cotton yarn. Rolled the rest into a ball +3. I also rolled 4 balls of yarn today +4 I also made 9 balls of t-shirt yarn today. Will count those a different time when I use them up. Making a rug out of them. So my score -20 and now WTD = -13 hoping to get to do more tomorrow but if not then this will be finally score before Sunday.I will check in again tomorrow night.

I finished the last skein of Wool-Ease Chunky :cheer  (+1). 7 scarves for my friend's church fall fair (Nov.?). I've gave them pot holders, dish scrubbies and a baby afghan last year. She sometimes gives me :yarn, so the least I can do is donate to her church fair. I think I'll use my left over rainbow   :yarn for another baby afghan, I might have to get some more white though. If I get it tomorrow, I won't have to count it till next week ;) .

WTD:  + 5   YTD:  + 52

Ellie 13

Archived