2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forgot to post last weekend. I have 2 terminally ill parents to care for now and daddy was in the hospital most of last week.  My days all start blurring together.

I made hats for charity last week and used 6 balls.

WTD +6 YTD +40

Happy Stashbusting

I forgot to post last weekend. I have 2 terminally ill parents to care for now and daddy was in the hospital most of last week.  My days all start blurring together.

I made hats for charity last week and used 6 balls.

WTD +6 YTD +40

Happy Stashbusting

I'm glad you are able to have some, hopefully relaxing, crochet time in your busy schedule--just sorry it's hospital time. Our thoughts are with you.

I have 31 squares done, 5 more to go :cheer . I rolled 3 skeins down (+3). The white I've been using is RHSS Soft White, it's so close to the aran :yarn I have that it's hardly noticeable, unless they're side by side. I can used the aran for the border since the squares have the last 2 rounds in color and will be  :crocheting together with color so the aran and  soft white won't be together. If anyone notices the difference, they'll think it's supposed to be that way ;) . I can always get more soft white if I don't like it. I hope to finish the squares by Sat. and get some more points.

WTD: + 3  YTD: + 60

Ellie 13

Finished off market tote #2 this evening and in the process finished off another skein of PNC, so I'm up to +8 for the week.

I'm about to start an afghan though and since vacation starts Saturday, I'm headed to AC Moore tomorrow. I'm using RHSS though so I can damage my stashbusting score a little bit at a time! Lol! Thank goodness for yarn that doesn't have a dye lot!  :D

Well in cleaning up the living room for company (funny how this works!), I used up a ball (+1) and a skein (+2) on my c2c scrap ghan... Then I went to AC Moore and got 2 Caron Pounders (-4) and 1 RHSS (-2), so now i'm at +5 for the week. I don't think I'll finish anything else off this week, but we'll see! Company arrives tomorrow around noon so there won't be much hooking going on! 

I have 2 more squares to go, but I seem to have more white left than before. Maybe the first skein was slightly used and I didn't notice. There won't be enough to make a border, but enough that it won't count as used :sigh . I rolled down the purple though (+1). I started :crocheting some of the squares together, and it looks great. I think I'll get it done this weekend.

WTD: + 4  YTD: + 61

Ellie 13

post-40621-0-97640800-1433604001_thumb.jpg

well, everyone is working so hard, I have been keeping busy with using or trying to use up those pesky scrap balls of cotton, so far, I have used 11 smaller balls, I made some more face puffs, for a friend, the others I will keep or put aside for when they are needed, so there are at least 19 of them done, and I made for my own use, some smaller dish scrubs, or cloths, as I hate it when the larger ones get heavy, and sloppy and in the way while wiping something up, so these are more handy for me, there are I think 8 of them shown in the pic, but that is all, still got some balls to use up, time will tell, lol....

I also finished a hat for a scarf already made, and a scarf for a hat already made, lol.. Pics are found on this link, and on the forum thread accessories..

So score for this week, 11+ in cotton, plus about 3 balls in RH, so a grand total of then

+14.

WTD +!4  YTD +201

I have a big ol' goose egg score once again!

Not any way to bust stash... on another note, I haven't purchased or received any yarn either, so at least I'm not going backwards, right?  :lol

My last day of work for the summer was yesterday.  *Hopefully* that means I'll be able to find more hooky time.  We shall see...

WTD 0

This week I got second pic of a bunch of yarn that another friend was given by her friend who can no longer crochet:

13 new balls and 8 skeins now have a new home in my house: -29. I only used up two balls this week: +2

So my totals are:  WTD: -27     YTD: +13

I was given 3 kits with 3 skeins of yarn in each. On the positive side, I was able to use up one skein and while I packed up the left over yarn from the girlies' blankets, I was able to roll up some small balls.

WTD: -4 YTD: -4

Archived