2015 Stashbusting CAL

greyhoundgrandma

Possible company isn't coming today--kind of a relief! Been relaxing and reading all morning--maybe some crocheting this afternoon. But I won't be finishing off any more yarn today.

WTD -30

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:hi

I hope everyone is doing well!  I've just read through the posts and it sounds like it... :heart

Last weekend, my goddaughter was here, so I wasn't on the computer.  Not that it mattered, since I haven't picked up a hook and yarn in what feels like FOREVER... LOL  The weekend before last I picked my son up from college... :yay

No yarn coming in, and no yarn being used up... sound familiar to anyone else?  :rofl 

It looks like there are a few of you enjoying some new yarny goodness!  :tup  And others of you who are using it up like gangbusters!!  :tup

WTD 0 / YTD +12!

There it is.  My big ol' goose egg score.  Enjoy your Memorial Day weekend everyone!  And a big THANK YOU to anyone who is serving or has served our country.  I appreciate your service.

:hug

I'm working my way through skeins, crocheting squares.  I still haven't decided if I'm going to make another baby blanket with them or a blanket for my kitty Franklin, but anyway:

Stashbuster Total: WTD +2 YTD -36

:c9

Didn't make as much progress this week as I was hoping, thanks to a hot mug! Got a skein of black down to a ball edging squares for owlvamp so +1 and then had to go buy another skein because I knew I'd run out so -2, brings me to... 

WTD -4  YTD -50

Could be (and has been) worse!  :D

Didn't do much this week. I have some t-shirt yarn too; if I can find it I think I'll try baskets with it. I made it like two years ago and then went wait, now what do I do with it?? Tried a chair may but I couldn't get the circle to lie flat. Basket would be a better choice. Ooh, I should dye it first (most of it's white).

WTD +0 YTD +22

Scores for the week ending 5/23/15

GOLD Medal Winner: ( TIE) lhasaapsplady +12 & katyallen +12

SILVER Medal Winner : Shannart +8

BRONZE Medal Winner: yarnscrapper +6

Using up that stash:

Ellie 13 +5

PBLKNP +2

pineknott +2

HollyzHobbyz +2

Holding Steady at 0 :

crabbyrat

VikingRunnerGirl

Addicted2patterns

BigPinkPolkaDot

New Stash To Play With :

yarn_monkey -4

owlvamp -9

SHOOT THE MOON WINNER :

greyhoundgrandma -30

Here are the scores for now. I will fix anyones that come in after this. I won't be around tomorrow morning so will post tonight and after midnight if more come in will add them. Hope this is okay.

Oh! No! Another Zero!

WTD:  0

Be safe.  Be relaxed.  It's Memorial Day!

Thank you who have and are serving this wonderful country of ours.  We have our freedoms because of you!  God Bless you!

Just read through the posts.  I didn't realize the scores were posted already.  I'll save my big nothing for next week!

It's 12:15 and I am headed to bed. Not sure what time we are suppose to post scores.

Thanks for posting the scores! Your timing is earlier than the average, but certainly ok. Hope you have a good morning out and about.

I was pretty sure I would be headed to the moon this week! Just need to buckle down and get some of it used up. I hate to move from trying to get back to 0 to trying to stay under -100! But as you can tell from my previous years' scores it wouldn't be the first time.

Oh! No! Another Zero!

WTD:  0

Be safe.  Be relaxed.  It's Memorial Day!

Thank you who have and are serving this wonderful country of ours.  We have our freedoms because of you!  God Bless you!

Just read through the posts.  I didn't realize the scores were posted already.  I'll save my big nothing for next week!

I already put your name on the list.

I went into the yarn stash and dug out a couple random skeins for squares for the Friendship Ghan CAL and finished one up on squares and a new scrap c2c I'm working on, +2. Also finished a skein of Vanna's on a baby ghan and that +2 brings me to +4. Finished up a ball of black working on squares for owlvamp, +1 brings me to +5. I also was looking through my stash and found a grocery bag where I had thrown a bunch of scrap balls one time when I was cleaning up the living room, so I got them added on the c2c too (5 balls total, +5) so that brings me to +10 for the week so far! 

I may get a little more progress this week, but I'm going out of town on Thursday for the weekend and need to do a fleece blanket before we leave, so I'm not sure if I'll get much else done... I'll post my final score before we go out of town and whatever I use between there and Saturday I'll add onto next week.  :)

Your hook must be smoking, Nikki!

After no crocheting all weekend I finally got in some time last night. Almost through with a skein.

Reminder: This is the last week of the month, so please post both your WTD and YTD scores on Saturday.

oh, what a week so far, huh, i think all i can report for this week is +4, for a skein and a couple balls, oh, and there is that partial I used up too, so +5 actually, so far... Hope to use a few small balls up on a couple grannys over on the birthday bash granny square, and then, call it a week, lol 

Archived