How many hooks do you own?

CLLinda

As I was going through my crochet supplies, I decided to count my hooks. Not counting the ones in WIP's, I had over 170. I have plastic, wood, metal, aluminum and steel.

Can anyone beat that amount?

Do you have a favorite? Mine is a size H Susan Bates. That's usually my favorite for my projects.

I probably would like more, but DH is watching how much I spend lately, so it's hard.

I love crochet hooks, books, yarn and anything else crochet!!!!!!!!!!!:manyheart

Let's hear how many hooks you have.

Linda :cheer

me too, we are addicted to crochet:lookout :lookout :lookout :lookout :lookout :lookout:rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes:lol :lol :lol

Well, I feel very derprived now! LOL I have 9 hooks. That's all. I'm feeling very sorry for myself!

I have tons of patterns. I am a pattern addict. I collect everything I come across with plans to make it "one day" LOL

I have 26 :) from a steel 10 up to a Q. I thought I'd go for variety...lol. I just have a couple duplicates of D's through G's from buying a set when I couldn't find a G that was stuffed into a WIP one time. Up until now I did only doilies or afghans, so the steel 5 has a huge worn spot on it and the G's look well used :) All of mine are Boye's because I'm cheap and that's what Walmart carries...lol...except for the P and Q which I only ever see in unusually cheap looking plastic.

Well, I feel very derprived now! LOL I have 9 hooks. That's all. I'm feeling very sorry for myself!

I have tons of patterns. I am a pattern addict. I collect everything I come across with plans to make it "one day" LOL

I think we are soul sisters! That's me too! I have printed out more patterns on my computer than I'll ever be able to do, but every day I scrounge around seeing what's new!!!

Let's see....I KNOW I don't have 170, but I have quite a few! :eek

10 TOTC hooks ~~ my new favorites! ~~ F-K (2 ea. F, G, I, K)

20 aluminum/plastic ~~ B-P, Q, S (there are a few dupes)

3 Roll Stitch hooks ~~ F, G, H

2 cable double-ended hooks ~~ H, I

2 straight double-ended hooks ~~ J, K

2 afghan hooks ~~ H, J

1 acrylic handled hook ~~ J

2 handmade wooden hooks (not TOTC) ~~ L, P

1 pair crochet hook earrings ~~ I

2 bamboo hooks from Target ~~ G, L

4 Easy Tunisian hooks ~~ L, M, N, P

14 steel hooks

64 total

I just bought new TOTCs, the Roll Stitch and the easy Tunisian hooks. My hooks are starting to overrun my storage for them....oh, and I have about 5 pairs of knitting needles...just don't use them much yet.

Well I must admit I probably have you beat. :hook

I just did a quick count on all my collectable crochet hooks and Came up with 198, now that could be more but I didn't get to carried away with digging into my cabinet.

I have Pewter hooks. Bone Hooks, mother of pearl handled hooks, Ivory, Plastic, Bakelite, Cork handles, Wooden handled, Agate handled, and gold handled, and Sterling silver handled. Whatever you could imagine making a hook out of I probably have. I have been Collecting hooks for years now. Oh I just remembered another group bring the count up to 235 Most of my hooks in my collection are thread hooks. That has been what I have concentrated on since that is my first love. Oh just remembered my etui set. there are eight more there. 243.

Now we will get into working hooks. There must have at least another 350 as when you are buying hooks to get that special one you alot of time end up with a lot more than just the hook you were going for. My Boye display case came fully loaded with over a 100 hooks all by itself. I have Boyes, bates Lee Wards. Dmc, Victory, Diamond, Ones from England, Germany,Japan and lots that have no marks. I Have American sized and UK sized

And of course my newest the Turn of the Century Hook I got in our auction. I quess you could call me a Hookaholic as I love the silly things. To think of all the wonderful things these hooks have made and the pleasure they gave their owners. I treasure them all. So my count may not be exact. Everywhere I turn I spy another hook but You can tell I am hooked. So all told I would say I have at least 600 hooks in various shapes sizes styles and materials. :hook

I have been researching, collecting and dating hooks for about 6 years. Since I have a room dedicated to hooks I would guess that I have somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 hooks.

After I get my book written, :ebay here I come.

I have been researching, collecting and dating hooks for about 6 years. Since I have a room dedicated to hooks I would guess that I have somewhere between 2,000 and 3,000 hooks.

Well you definitely have me beat. My collection keeps growing, but slower now. Either I am not finding as many or what I am finding are duplicates. But I do limit myself to the thread hooks and have not gotten into the yarn hooks. Have a few but not many.

After I get my book written, :ebay here I come.

:faint Wow!

I just realized I never answered the favorite hook part of the question... I have a few favorites. For thread, my #5 (1.90mm) Boye hook is my favorite. For yarn--my aluminum J (6.00mm) Boye hook for worsted weight, and for bulky or multi-strand stuff, my wood S (19mm) hook (since I'm a tight crocheter, I use this where most folks would use a Q hook). Also for being beautiful and wonderful to work with, the wooden S hook wins hands-down :c9

6 Brittany wooden hooks

2 old Bates wooden N hooks

10 Bates hooks (B-K)

3 Boye hooks (H, J, N)

1 Hero (K)

2 Crystallite hooks (M & N)

1 plastic Q hook

2 different sized plastic P hooks

1 plastic H

7 tunisian hooks

extra F & G Bates hooks

extra E Boye hook

15 Boye steel hooks (0-13 with an extra #7)

15 Bates steel hooks (00-13 with an extra 0)

for a total of 68.

Most of my hooks come from my Grandmother and I don't use them often. Some I bought more for gauge than for anything else. My favorites are my H & I sizes in both the Bates and Brittany. I didn't realize I had that many.:eek Good thing hubby doesn't know.

:faint:faint:faint

8, and one my mom left when she was on vacation, which totals 9. I am practically a hook virgin. I love my 5 mm aluminum, but I like my Clover Soft Touch 4 mm a lot. And I just got a TOTC 5 mm which I haven't used yet because I have to retrain myself to stop the death grip. I bow to all you obsessed people! :) Patty

trying to count what i have ..

i will just say

i have a whole set of boye aluminum as well as the plastic P and Q (there are duplicates among these)(about 16)

I have a whole set of crystalites.. (9)

I have a whole set of Turn of The Century .. (with some duplicates as well .. i know I am a very lucky girl !) (at least 20)

I just acquired a "lot" of steels from the thift store to add to my steels... so i have 13 i jsut bought as well as 6 more of the steels.. (19)

I also have 4 double ended..and 6 tunisian ..

so that makes about 74..no wait.. 75 because i have a Grey dog as well ..

and we wont even start counting the knitting needles. ! .. that is an even more dangerous venture because they come in 10 and 14 " straights.. various circulars.. double pointeds.. etc..

Oh my! 200, 600, 2,000? :eek At's alotta hooks! I only have a mere 35 hooks that I can see, maybe a few more that are hiding. I've got some steel, a couple sets of aluminum, crystalites and a set of balene that look more like plastic to me.

My favorites are Susan Bates aluminum. :)

Archived