My first crocheted earrings!

aliciasjoy

Hi everyone! I'm excited because I finally got a digital camera today. Our old one was really bad. I'm also excited because I crocheted with wire today and it was all right!

I make jewelry, and crochet, but never put the two together until I was asked by a swap partner to crochet some earrings if I could. I wanted to at least try, and I think the result is ok.

The crocheting with the wire wasn't too bad, but getting an even gauge was hard! It took a few tries to get two the same size.

I used 28 g. fine silver with a size 6 steel hook for the crocheted bit, the rest of it is sterling.

Let me know what you think!

earcrochet.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thank you! Hee, I considered taking pics of my sad failed attempt. My original idea was to make tiny granny squares, but my mental image and the real thing were very different!

I also tried to make a stone setting, but the stone was small (about 10mm) and slippery. I think a bigger stone would work.

I'm glad I tried it and will most likely end up doing it again, but won't be giving up yarn anytime soon!

:manyheart Love them. Wire is tricky and you did a great job... they are really attractive. I want some LOL! Oh, that's right... I can make them... just that wire is so tricky! Gives me some inspiration for Christmas gifts, though!

Mare

Thanks everyone!

Shelain22, you might be able to buy silver locally if you have a jeweler's supply store near you. Fine silver is softer than sterling. Ask for dead soft if given a choice.

Online, you can get it at monsterslayer.com , riogrande.com, and firemountaingems.com, although the last is more expensive--, but none of those places require a tax id, although there may be an amount requirement, not sure since I buy a lot when I buy it.

The earrings were just chain 6, join, chain 4, dc in ring, ch1, dc until I had nine dc, then I joined to make the circle.

I think tiny silver snowflakes would be so pretty, but not sure I'm up for something like that!

thats so awesome, i am going to try to crochet with wire. what size hook did you use? i am just curious as i would think that a bigger one would work. but maybe i am wrong please let me know what size hook:hug :hug :hug :hug :hug

Archived