Not-So-Seraphina Shawl

natalie058

This is a shawl I made in an attempt to stash bust. I knew that I wanted a bat-wing shawl, and not finding a pattern I really liked, I started the Seraphina, *again!* But, when I got to the pattern rows, I decided to just go ahead and do what I wanted, and this is what I ended up with. I love it, even if it did take me forever. The pictures aren't very good, but I couldn't retake them this morning because my mom's already wearing it to work!! It was done with an H TOTC hook and some cotton chenille.

th_100_0792.jpg

th_100_0791.jpg

Thanks for the compliments, everyone!! :c9

What I did is so so simple... I follow the Seraphina pattern exactly [no link, in a hurry, sorry!] up until the pattern rows begin. Instead of starting the pattern rows, I just did solid dc all the way across, making shells in the shells she's already established. And I increased, in the ch-1 sp after the beginning V-st, in the ch-1 sp before and after each shell, and in the ch-1 sp before the last V-st. :hook Like I said, *so* simple, and I love the emphasis it puts on the shells... the lines look so nice when someone is wearing the shawl!! I hope I explained it well enough, but if you have any questions feel free to contact me.

I really like it and think I have the perfect yarn... but don't have a pattern. I'll have to see about the one you made... really like it!

:hook Mare

Archived