I Thought I'd Reintroduce Myself

eurolyons

Hi, I'm LeAnna, use to live in Germany when I first joined Crochetville back in 2005.  Now I'm living on Vashon Island, Washington since 2008.  I have a little micro business called The Eccentric Haus Frau, celebrating the domestic arts of crocheting, knitting, sewing, card making and cooking.  I'm reintroducing myself because I haven't been on here as regular as I use to be and aim to visit more often.  I like to crochet with thread and I love to design and make wearables, but I really like to do most anything that one can crochet.  Current personal projects are a teapot pillow, a prayer shawl, Lady Edith's jacket, and fingerless mitts that are being done in thread.  There are other things as well, but they are commissions.

post-3518-0-68608100-1359987866.gifHello and welcome back    I had a snoop through your album that is linked in your post.   I loved the cable sweater that you made I am assuming for your hubby.   love the raglan sleeves  what awesome work.   another of my favorites is the sweater you made I am assuming again yourself with what I call the cobweb design.  love it   I have made the same heart doily that you have   Also love the Christening gown.   really enjoyed all your work and creations   good work that you do.   the name of your shop is fabulous!  I did have to ask Google what haus frau meant which now I know means German housewife  lol   although I like the name of your shop before I knew what the words meant just liked the ring and mystery of it.   what fun and a dream to have a shop like yours.

Thanks for the warming "welcome backs..."  I love that Tall Girl Googled "haus frau..."  Yeah, I gave myself the title of Eccentric Haus Frau after I got married in 2001 and was, for the first time in my life, a "stay at home wife."  I didn't want to tell people, "I'm 'just' a house wife..." so I came up with EHF...and also knowing more or less that that would be the name of a future micro business for myself...it's been a long time coming...I gave my business card to a German guy who sells and installs Euroline windows at a home show a week ago and he busted out laughing at the name of the business...we clicked right after that...and I'm sure he will be installing his european style windows in our home in the coming months...

Anyway...thanks for the welcomes ladies...

Archived