June Charity CAL ~ 6/21-6/26

Skysmom

I wanted to post these pics early as I'm not sure how the rest of the day will play out.

I shouldn't brag :blush but I have to say that this lapghan is just so very, very pretty and cheerful. I hope this will bring a lot of :):):) in the senior's home. Yellow was one of God's best ideas :wlol

[ATTACH]56546[/ATTACH][ATTACH]56547[/ATTACH]

It is much prettier in person :ghug

The blanket is awesome. So pretty and the yellow is perfect. So lovable looking and some senior is going to just love cuddling in that beauty.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the lavendar afghan - the pattern on that is great!

The booties are super cute too! What a great idea!

Darski - your afghan is great!! love it - love the yellows, love the flowers! Perfect!

Sorry I have been out of commission. Real life happens of course. I finished my 7th hat - but it turned out bad bad bad. The sizing is all wrong, it is too loose up top, to tight in the middle - then flairs out at the bottom. Bad bad. I am frogging it.

So I sit at 6 chemo hats done. I will try to get at least one more done tomorrow. I am going to start working on men's hats I think!

well the eyes are drooping,I was able to get half of the hat done

Yahoo on getting half a hat done. You know that's better than 1/4 done and you are already halfway from finish. :cheer

I love the lavendar afghan - the pattern on that is great!

Sorry I have been out of commission. Real life happens of course. I finished my 7th hat - but it turned out bad bad bad. The sizing is all wrong, it is too loose up top, to tight in the middle - then flairs out at the bottom. Bad bad. I am frogging it.

So I sit at 6 chemo hats done. I will try to get at least one more done tomorrow. I am going to start working on men's hats I think!

Congrats on getting 6 chemo hats done. I know first hand how special those hats are to those of us who need them. It means so much to put on a hat that has been crafted with love and care from someone like you. :hug

As for me I finished one more mini Christmas stocking for the Warmth for Warriors. I'm going to switch and do a washcloth for the charity tonight. Do we continue through tomorrow night or does this CAL end in the morning?

Good Morning, Ladies. :)

Do we continue through tomorrow night or does this CAL end in the morning?
I think we're supposed to end tonight. I won't post totals until Thursday or Friday to give everyone a chance to post what you've made. :hook

You all have accomplished a lot in a short time.:cheer:manyheart

Hi all. I got another pattern set done on the prayer shawl. I thought I might not need the second skein of yarn, but I do, as it takes more and more yarn the farther I get.

Traditionally we end at midnight tonight. And occasionally we sneak in an extra day before and after that, which is fine too.

Sorry you had to frog the 7th hat Skatters. :hug Sometimes they just refuse to cooperate. :hug

Since we stopped at midnight, I will have to stick with 6 chemo hats completed! I got a good start on another one last night, but didn't get it done.

Congrats to everyone - reading back, we got quite a bit done! Will happily anticipate seeing our totals! And it was great getting to know everyone a bit more too!

I loomed a doll hat, scarf, shawl, and scrap doll afghan

I am close to finishing crocheting a doll nightgown. This was for me an unusual pattern and its finally starting to come together.:lol

I'm not calling this my final post as I plan to make at least one hat before midnight. :rofl I have to live up to my motto at least.

This is the completed lapghan - it is 41.5" X 59". It's a bit larger than most lapghans but it will cheer up people who see it. I rather like the border but I'm not sure that it portrays the 'leaves and flowers' look I was going for.:think

post-4896-135897766193_thumb.jpg

This has been a good charity blast this month. See you next month ... same bat time; same bat station.

post-4896-135897766185_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! :) So sorry not to have been here more today, but sometimes life really does get in the way of crocheting. :lol

Darski ~ Your lapghan is lovely - beautiful work.:hook

Thanks to all of you for sharing, posting pictures and telling us about yourselves. :manyheart When you have time, please post (in bold) what you have made and I will post our totals by Thursday or Friday. :applause

I haven't been on my computer too much lately to update or respond, but I've been crocheting every chance I've had --- I'll have over 2 hours to crochet this morning for the CAL, so I'm really pumped!!!

Washcloths: 4 square, 2 star, 1 round

Chemo Hats: 1

I really want to work on washcloths this morning - my work schedule has been messed up, so my crochet time has been rather screwy. I'm even thinking about crocheting late late tonight, just to get more items done to mail. Once I get enough washcloths, I'll be mailing them (don't want to just send 3-4, if you know what I mean...

From what I've read, everyone has been doing AMAZING! So many people will be blessed by this CAL - so much love, heart, and time have been put into the items!!! You all are so encouraging and inspiring - glad to have tagged along, even if more on the outside of computer land than inside ;)

Ooppps... I just realized the CAL ended yesterday - see, this is how much I actually READ??? Haha!!! I went back and posted my totals for ending yesterday, in the post above.

I'm going to finish up making some more washcloths and then mail them, hopefully at the beginning of next week. I work near a post office place, so I don't have much of an excuse (other than finances). I want to make sure that I have plenty made and ready to ship, before I get ready to pay for posting. I know it will be cheaper to send more of them all at once, at least in the long run. I'd like to make at least 12-15 before sending them to Warmth for Warriors.

I've learned so much and it's been an awesome experience - This CAL was my first and absolutely won't be my last!

cshort ~ Your lapghan is wonderful!

Darski ~ Thank you for the link...using hdc sounds like a great idea!

You all are amazing! The "totals" list is getting really long.:D

I finished the lemon spiderweb baby blanket, so my total is

2 Baby blankets

The lavender climbing shells was a WIP, but about half of it was done during this CAL. Here's a pic of the second one:

post-39480-13589776631_thumb.jpg

I finished the lemon spiderweb baby blanket, so my total is

2 Baby blankets

The lavender climbing shells was a WIP, but about half of it was done during this CAL. Here's a pic of the second one:

You are one busy little beaver and with fabulous output. I love this spiderweb boxes ghan.

Hi everyone! It has been so fun to see all of the activity...you guys are awesome.:hug My contribution is One Scarf. That's good for me lately. :lol

I will post totals tomorrow and the list so far is very impressive! :clap

I had planned on posting, but this was not a good week for me! :-(

I have made:

3 washcloths

for Warriors for Warmth

Yay!!! Go Warmth for Warriors :) That's what I've been crocheting for this week too - I think I finished 3 more this morningor work, including one with a new pattern for me. I'm totally hooked on this charity project!

I am VERY impressed by all the totals! WOW gals - I am in awe! We got so much done!! I am very honored to be a part of this group!! I love hearing the totals and seeing the pictures!

WE ROCK!!

Everyone has made lots of things for the charities this month. I am amazed how some of you have done these big projects in only a week. I have my package ready to ship off to Warmth for Warriors this morning.

Is this the focus to get the stuff done in the one week period and then get it shipped or delivered to the charity after the one week crafting CAL? I thought I read that somewhere but wasn't sure. I found that if I ship a small package of stockings and washcloths, it only costs me for 7 oz first class mail but when I shipped a larger package it was over a pound and had to been sent priority mail.

Archived