June Charity CAL ~ 6/21-6/26

Skysmom

:welcome aboard Cindy. I love that idea and the socks are so cute.

I am going along apace now. I have 1 row (of 5) joined and all flowers now have their leaves :wlol

I hope all is well for all the projects. :ghug

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm joining in this month as I'm working on the Warmth for Warrior mini Christmas stocking project. We are making 6 inch stocking for the troops and adding little soaps and shampoo bottles in the socks. You can read more about our project here.

[ATTACH]56506[/ATTACH]

Here are two stockings I did today using up scrap yarn I had on hand. Here is the crochet pattern I used and just made some changes to fit the yarn I had left.

I just love charity crafting and am so happy to join in this month with your group. I'm reading all the posts now to catch up with everyone's projects.

Those are very cute stockings. I finished one lapghan last night except for weaving the ends, I'll do that this evening and work on another one.

The charity stockings are great! Love them!!

Everyone seems to be doing so great, between the caps and lapghans and blankets and washcloths - seriously, all of you guys amaze me! This is my first Charity CAL and I'm barely finding the time to crochet much this week on ANYTHING due to a change in my work schedule and personal commitments. What an inspiration all of you are to me -- big yarn thanks :)

So far, I've completed the following: 2 washcloths for Warmth for Warriors and 1 chemo cap

Today, I'm going to plunge into washcloth heaven!! I'm heading to the laundry mat and I'll have some time after church and before my wind down activites in the evening. Tomorrow afternoon I'm off from work, so I'll pack my yarn and crochet again until church. These last few days have been rather hectic, so I haven't had time to crochet ANYTHING! Argh...

Charity yarn blessings, everyone!!!

Happy Sunday, everyone. :crocheting

There are so many wonderful projects going on - they will all be loved! :manyheart:clap

Hi Cindy ~ :welcome Your stockings filled with personal items are such a great idea. We're glad you're here. :)

pineknott ~ I hope your sil is improving and won't have to be in the hospital past tomorrow. :hug

I'll be back this afternoon and hope to have some more time with my hook. :hook

Had to pull out a nightgown I started for the doll donation project I started before surgery and start again. I have no idea what pattern I thought I was following, but got started on the pattern I wanted again.:lol Almost have the front panel finished.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments on the socks and the warm welcome. It's fun to see other people doing some of the same charities like Purples from Texas who is working on the Warmth for Warriors charity items. :manyheart

I'm going to do a few more stockings today if I can find that Christmas yarn I put somewhere :think

Everyone's doing great! There are lots of good projects.

Purples - you're not doing so bad. And there are times like that when life just interferes with the more important things like crocheting.

Here's the lavender baby blanket that I finished. It really isn't Zombie Gray like it looks on my monitor.

I'm a little over halfway finished with the yellow spiderweb baby blanket. I hope I can finish it today, but I'll have to see how it goes. After that, I have a WIP baby blanket, a round ripple that I'm also going to try to finish up, but I doubt I will be able to.

I'm going to have to spend some quality time at Honda Monday or Tuesday. Yesterday, three of my electric windows stopped working, one of them all the way down. So I can't lock the car - well, I can, but to little purpose - and though I have covered parking at home, I don't here at work. Please, please, no heat showers this afternoon! I don't like to take big projects out, so for that fun time, I'll probably set aside the RR and take another WIP that I've just started and is still small.

post-39480-135897765692_thumb.jpg

Had to pull out a nightgown I started for the doll donation project I started before surgery and start again. I have no idea what pattern I thought I was following, but got started on the pattern I wanted again.:lol Almost have the front panel finished.

:lol Glad you got back to the right pattern. And yay for being able to crochet again! :cheer

Donna ~ Your baby 'ghan is so pretty and the border looks great.:hook

Here's the lavender baby blanket that I finished. It really isn't Zombie Gray like it looks on my monitor.

Your blanket looks great and the stitch work is so pretty. Hope you get your window problem fixed, it's a bummer when we have auto problems. I know I'm facing one now and have it in the shop getting repaired.

On a happier note, I just finished another mini Christmas sock using some old Christmas glitter Caron yarn I found. It's perfect for these little stockings and is a great way to use up the yarn.

Purples - you're not doing so bad. And there are times like that when life just interferes with the more important things like crocheting.

I'm a little over halfway finished with the yellow spiderweb baby blanket. I hope I can finish it today, but I'll have to see how it goes. After that, I have a WIP baby blanket, a round ripple that I'm also going to try to finish up, but I doubt I will be able to.

I'm going to have to spend some quality time at Honda Monday or Tuesday. Yesterday, three of my electric windows stopped working, one of them all the way down. So I can't lock the car - well, I can, but to little purpose - and though I have covered parking at home, I don't here at work. Please, please, no heat showers this afternoon! I don't like to take big projects out, so for that fun time, I'll probably set aside the RR and take another WIP that I've just started and is still small.

That is a very pretty afghan. Hope your car gets fixed quick.

Thanks for the good car wishes. After tonight I won't have internet until Wednesday afternoon, but I'll keep hooking away and post what I've done and pics late in the afternoon then. I look forward to seeing what everyone accomplishes by then!

:whew all squares made and 2 rows joined... I think I'll be off to visit my co-crocheter tomorrow to finish the joining.

will try to get a pic tomorrow as well - wait 'til the sun shines Nellie :rofl

Two more mini Christmas crocheted socks done. I have more of this glitter yarn in the variegated so I continue working on more tonight. Then back to work tomorrow so will try and crochet more stockings tomorrow evening too.

post-10977-135897765737_thumb.jpg

Two more mini Christmas crocheted socks done. I have more of this glitter yarn in the variegated so I continue working on more tonight. Then back to work tomorrow so will try and crochet more stockings tomorrow evening too.

[ATTACH]56533[/ATTACH]

those socks are cute

I was able to get 3 squares done today,tomorrow back to the hats

Wow, I have missed one heck of a charity weekend.

Some of you may know I foster kittens for a local shelter. Well last Saturday I got 4 new ones. Two immediately got very sick. I had to learn to use a nebulizer on the wee ones! They are doing better now and are running around the den at my feet, which is why I have time to log on!

On top of that it is nearly "year end" at the municipal government where I work and that means a lot of extra reporting to do!

Today is the first time I have been on the 'ville in more than two weeks! Yikes.

I was reading an article about how the IOC issued a warning against Ravelry about the Ravelympics and I just had to laugh..... we are much to serious a world these days for our own good.

Anyway, I love the stockings. That is a great idea and I am going to try out that pattern. If the results aren't too embarrassing I might make those during the July weekend.

The hats with the scalloped edges are very nice and the flower squares are great. I need to watch the tutorial on joining as you go again. I have stacks of blocks but never got the knack of joining.

Sorry I am only a cheerleader this weekend but you guys are sure holding up my lack of contribution!

Hi Denise! :hi We need cheer leaders, too! :cheer In fact, I've been mostly that, myself.

Last night it did get some crocheting in. Added 6 rows to the prayer shawl I started on Thursday at the airport. That's two pattern rows. I'll need another 3-4 to make it the right length. It's RHSS in thyme green (I think? :think) and I'm using a size N hook. :lol

I should get more crochet time in today and tomorrow too.

:cheer:cheerGo everyone! Go! :cheer:cheer

Good Morning!:)

:whew all squares made and 2 rows joined... I think I'll be off to visit my co-crocheter tomorrow to finish the joining.

will try to get a pic tomorrow as well - wait 'til the sun shines Nellie :rofl

:lolDarski, you are so much fun! Amazing progress on the lapghan. :clap

Denise ~ Hi! Being a cheerleader this month is great...working and taking care of 4 foster kittens is more than enough to keep you busy. :manyheart

pineknott ~ Wow, you've accomplished a lot! :hook

Cindy ~ The glitter socks turned out really nice. :)

I wanted to post these pics early as I'm not sure how the rest of the day will play out.

I shouldn't brag :blush but I have to say that this lapghan is just so very, very pretty and cheerful. I hope this will bring a lot of :):):) in the senior's home. Yellow was one of God's best ideas :wlol

post-4896-135897765792_thumb.jpg

It is much prettier in person :ghug

post-4896-135897765787_thumb.jpg

Oh my goodness!!! All this I missed! Allergies and other things really got me bogged down over the weekend.

So Far I've done 2 1/2 washcloths for the Soldiers, but I'm pretty sure I can knock our a couple more by tomorrow.

And I'm so sorry I never got around to introducing myself until almost after this is over, but I just turned 39 a couple weeks ago, I'm single living with my sister (even though I take care of her, I tell her that she takes care of me more!) and our cat, Angus (big beefy cat).

I started crocheting because I didn't have the money to buy gifts for my friend's new baby, and thought hand made items would work just as well. Um, now I'm hooked. I really like these charity CALs, because it helps the dilemma I've been having: what to make when. If I make something for somone, I feel bad that I'm not doing my part to give back, when I'm crocheting for charity, I worry that I'm not getting my christmas presents done, when I'm working on those, I fret about all those sweaters that my wardrobe needs! So if I set aside one week for a charity, then I won't feel bad when I do other things!

Can't wait for the next one!

I shouldn't brag :blush but I have to say that this lapghan is just so very, very pretty and cheerful. I hope this will bring a lot of :):):) in the senior's home. Yellow was one of God's best ideas :wlol

It is much prettier in person

:ghug

Yes, you should brag! :D It's absolutely gorgeous and the yellow is perfect!

Je-Rel ~ It is so hard to squeeze in enough crochet time. Your dilemma is shared by a lot of us...and please join us next time!:manyheart (3rd Thursday through the following Tuesday)

[ATTACH]56533[/ATTACH]

Those are cute socks.

I wanted to post these pics early as I'm not sure how the rest of the day will play out.

[ATTACH]56546[/ATTACH][ATTACH]56547[/ATTACH]

It is much prettier in person :ghug

That is a beautiful afghan.

Sounds and looks like everyone has been very busy. I'm working on a second lapghan still.

[ATTACH]56546[/ATTACH][ATTACH]56547[/ATTACH]

It is much prettier in person

:ghug

Beautiful, Darski! :clap :clap :clap

Archived