June Charity CAL ~ 6/21-6/26

Skysmom

I'm not calling this my final post as I plan to make at least one hat before midnight. :rofl I have to live up to my motto at least.

This is the completed lapghan - it is 41.5" X 59". It's a bit larger than most lapghans but it will cheer up people who see it. I rather like the border but I'm not sure that it portrays the 'leaves and flowers' look I was going for.:think

[ATTACH]56586[/ATTACH][ATTACH]56587[/ATTACH]

This has been a good charity blast this month. See you next month ... same bat time; same bat station.

Darski, it is lovely. Someone is going to be very happy. :cheer

Cindy, some of us send things out at the end of the week and some of us accumulate things and turn them in once a month or every other month. It's whatever works for you.

I finished 1 prayer shawl. Will post a picture of it later. Just have the edging to finish and that will be done shortly.

Congratulations on lots accomplished. :clap:clap:clap:clap

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning! If any more posts come in, I will update the list. :) Here we go...

Baby Blankets ~ 2

Lapghans ~ 2 (plus 2/3 of another!)

Squares ~ 5

Hats ~ 10 (includes 7 chemo and 3 other adult)

Prayer Shawl ~ 1

Scarf ~ 1

Washcloths ~ 12

Mini Christmas Stockings ~ 5

Doll Hat ~ 1

Doll Scarf ~ 1

Doll Shawl ~ 1

Doll Afghan ~ 1

Everyone has made lots of things for the charities this month. I am amazed how some of you have done these big projects in only a week. I have my package ready to ship off to Warmth for Warriors this morning.

Is this the focus to get the stuff done in the one week period and then get it shipped or delivered to the charity after the one week crafting CAL? I thought I read that somewhere but wasn't sure. I found that if I ship a small package of stockings and washcloths, it only costs me for 7 oz first class mail but when I shipped a larger package it was over a pound and had to been sent priority mail.

Personally, I'm going to wait until I have enough to warrant sending a package off to Warmth for Warriors. I am going to ship as many as I can fit into one of those envelopes/ boxes that are FLAT RATE, as I can track them this way.

This really was a productive week! All the projects are great. Busy bee - the shawl is beautiful. I'm a real sucker for green.

I'm off next week, at least Mon-Fri. Too bad that won't fall on the July CAL week - I hope to get a lot done.

Thanks for all the compliments on the shawl. It a really easy pattern to do. I used 2 skeins of RHSS and a size N hook. I'm working on another on for me using 1 strand of midnight blue lace-weight wool yarn and 1 strand of size 30 cotton thread using a size G hook.

Here is the pattern if any of you would like it.

http://milobo.files.wordpress.com/2008/10/evas-shawl1.pdf

Archived