Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Thanks everyone. Just because I have the ability to, here is a photo Mr Skoggy took last night of Izzy with me. I look rather shattered but ofcourse thats expected.

(BTW the white cabinet thing behind me is my yarn drawers. 6 drawers full of yarn... but thats just half of my stash :lol)

[ATTACH]59980[/ATTACH]

Adorable!

Verigated or solid colors or a combination of the two, I'm excited to be part of the group!

QUOTE=katyallen8090;2516287]Skoggy has a pic up now on this post of new baby.... stop by and say congratz to them both!

Also, we have a new member. Might i Introduce Tanya,

also known as Starryeyed24!

Here is her preferences....... and I quote... " I'd like to receive 12" squares, ww yarn, verigated,and any color except pink, yellow and purple.

There we go, this one ought to be lots of fun! Tanya, do you mean varigated exclusively,or will you be accepting solids as well??? Thanks for joining, everyone, a Yarn Hill Welcome is in order!

:welcome:jumpyay:heart:applause

Welcome!

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning everyone. Things are good with me and my sweetie. We talked all night :) things are atleast out in the open now.

Going to dig through my huge boxes of yarn and see what I have :) yay. Yarn day for me :woo

Good morning everyone. Things are good with me and my sweetie. We talked all night :) things are atleast out in the open now.

Going to dig through my huge boxes of yarn and see what I have :) yay. Yarn day for me :woo

Thank God. What a huge relief for you. It's a wonderful start to the week. Have lots of fun with your yarn day. Have you received the squares I sent? If not, I'll make some more and send them as soon as I can.

Lots of hugs :)

Maria

Thank God. What a huge relief for you. It's a wonderful start to the week. Have lots of fun with your yarn day. Have you received the squares I sent? If not, I'll make some more and send them as soon as I can.

Lots of hugs :)

Maria

Not yet, but I'll give it a few more days. I'll let u know:)

Hello all!!!

I finally picked my hook back up last night. Got a square done for Dragonflymom's Symbol of Life CAL and started bordering some more squares for finally putting Felicia's blanket together. Boy! Did it feel good!? :lol Going to take it easy for the next couple of weeks and then I will make a start on some orders I have. Luckily, the orders are for people I know so they are fully aware of the situation at the moment.

Isabel is doing great and Felicia is adjusting well to having a baby in the house. I reckon she's going to be a fantastic big sister. Isabel just needs to get a little bigger for Felicia to be able to properly interact with her little sister.

Hope all my Square friends are well and happy. Bug :hug to all.

We were typing at the same time!

Glad to hear all is well with your family! "Bug hug"? LOL

kuddles

Hello all!!!

I finally picked my hook back up last night. Got a square done for Dragonflymom's Symbol of Life CAL and started bordering some more squares for finally putting Felicia's blanket together. Boy! Did it feel good!? :lol Going to take it easy for the next couple of weeks and then I will make a start on some orders I have. Luckily, the orders are for people I know so they are fully aware of the situation at the moment.

Isabel is doing great and Felicia is adjusting well to having a baby in the house. I reckon she's going to be a fantastic big sister. Isabel just needs to get a little bigger for Felicia to be able to properly interact with her little sister.

Hope all my Square friends are well and happy. Bug :hug to all.

Hi all, just checking in! Glad to see Emma is feeling more crochet-y, lol always good to welcome back a Yarn Hill Resident!!:clap

Bug Hug, you two are a comedyteam!! lol :lol

Nothing much new here, trying to get rid of my crochet funk, but it keeps hanging in there, so haven't done too much new, did start to put together some 8 inchers I had for a lap ghan, honestly, ended up taking the four I did, out again. again.....sigh.....:no

I did finish up the cowls for my brunch bunch on Thursday, so that is a plus :cheeranyways...other than that, a bit in a funk,:worried but will pull out soon I hope, I just go in and sit or sort through yarn, don't even know what to make darn it....:think......

Ok, all for now, hope you all are doing well, and Ill talk to you soon!:manyheart

Hi all, just checking in! Glad to see Emma is feeling more crochet-y, lol always good to welcome back a Yarn Hill Resident!!:clap

Bug Hug, you two are a comedyteam!! lol :lol

Nothing much new here, trying to get rid of my crochet funk, but it keeps hanging in there, so haven't done too much new, did start to put together some 8 inchers I had for a lap ghan, honestly, ended up taking the four I did, out again. again.....sigh.....:no

I did finish up the cowls for my brunch bunch on Thursday, so that is a plus :cheeranyways...other than that, a bit in a funk,:worried but will pull out soon I hope, I just go in and sit or sort through yarn, don't even know what to make darn it....:think......

Ok, all for now, hope you all are doing well, and Ill talk to you soon!:manyheart

When I get in a crochet funk I like to buy yarn - but then that is kind of counter-productive. LOL I hope your funk ends soon! :)

Good morning all!

Katie, hope that funk has lifted! But we have all been there so we understand!

Today I run to the other office then IF I can, I will go by DD's school....it is parents day but it starts at 10,.....I don't want her being the only kid whose parent didn't come! We'll see how my day goes....she thinks I'm not coming so showing up as a surprise would be cool!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Hi all,

if ever in doubt, do some squares, lol. So i did a few mindless traditional granny's, and that helped, then packed up my brunch buddies' cowls, and a kleenex cover for one, as she already has a matching hat AND cowl, from me, soooo improvised a kleenex tissue cover in colors to match her house. Then, caught up with some book work on my mailings, and postage and such, I like to keep track of whom gets what, and when and how much, it helps me keep on top of things I guess.

Then ate supper, and had some blueberry muffins to make, so made those, ate a couple, ha ha, and now, Im gonna relax for the night....

Hope you all have had a great day, tomorrow is Thursday already, wow, where has the week gone! Kuddles, hope you make it to your little lady's school, I never let my daughter down either, luckilly i had a very family oriented boss, and he knew family would always come first with m e too, so no probls getting time off for things for her, thank goodness!

all for now, you all have a great day tomorrow!:hug

Good morning to all! Wake up and check in gals! We want to hear what you are up to!

Katie, I did go to the school and my DD gave me quite the underwhelming response.......made me feel like why did I go. I don't get it! The other parents got hugs, I got nothing! If you can tell me how to figure out an 8 year old girl, let me know!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

Thank you Katyallen8090 for the beautiful square. My dd opened it and said "oh mommy you can make me a shirt out of that one". A teenagers perspective can sometimes make you stop and think. I may try to make her some kind of shirt or jacket out of granny squares. Sorry I've been MIA for so long. New position at my job has kept me very busy. I've got a few squares that I made months ago if anyone needs one please pm me. I'm so out of touch I don't know who may have already completed their afghan.

Good morning to all! Wake up and check in gals! We want to hear what you are up to!

Katie, I did go to the school and my DD gave me quite the underwhelming response.......made me feel like why did I go. I don't get it! The other parents got hugs, I got nothing! If you can tell me how to figure out an 8 year old girl, let me know!

Hugs to all!

kuddles

well that is a dilemma, huh?

Thank you Katyallen8090 for the beautiful square. My dd opened it and said "oh mommy you can make me a shirt out of that one". A teenagers perspective can sometimes make you stop and think. I may try to make her some kind of shirt or jacket out of granny squares. Sorry I've been MIA for so long. New position at my job has kept me very busy. I've got a few squares that I made months ago if anyone needs one please pm me. I'm so out of touch I don't know who may have already completed their afghan.

oh you're welcome! I think anyone on the list on the first post that is not marked with

"no more needed" would love a square, if you're sending them out, lol We all understand busy, and hope to hear from you more often!

Good morning!

Thanks Brenda, I'll start watching!!

Katie, well I found out what the issue was. I am an old mom of 56 with almost all white hair and my DD is 8. A girl in her class teased her that I was her grandma and she didn't know how to deal with that, so decided to ignore me. This is the first time this has happened, guess we are lucky it wasn't till she was 8. She is going to hear this a lot and I'm going to try to help her role play on how to deal with it. With her special needs (speech), she doesn't have the quick comeback or the self confidence to deal with it on her own. We talked about it and we both felt better......

Sigh....why do kids have to be like that? I know this is just the start for my tender hearted DD!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuddles

Kuddles...I had the same problem with my last child...there was 15 years between him and my other son (who was the baby until then)...I was 42 when I had him and always was asked if he was my grandson...He played baseball and everyone thought it was so neat to see "Granny" at the games...He would ask why did I have him at such an old age and I would reply because I loved his dad very much and God wanted us to have a child to personify our love...His dad died three days after his first birthday...Believe me it was a hard row to hoe, but we got over it...They say Love conquers all...

Now...Sorry I haven't been around much lately...been busy with special requests and those darn hand sewn vests/tops...My "boyfriend" has been under the weather with earaches and I've been Florence Nightingale...Have been saving those 12 inch patterns to make at a later date and hopefully get back in the square swing after the holidays...Needless to say I've been laying low lately...My how I ramble...Hope everyone here has good weather and are staying warm and dry...Big hugs...(((HUGS)))...ST

Thanks for letting me know, you sure do understand! It is what it is .... she is also adopted so she has a lot to 'handle' at such a young age! Oh well, what doesn't kill us......

Hang tight!

kuddles

Kuddles...I had the same problem with my last child...there was 15 years between him and my other son (who was the baby until then)...I was 42 when I had him and always was asked if he was my grandson...He played baseball and everyone thought it was so neat to see "Granny" at the games...He would ask why did I have him at such an old age and I would reply because I loved his dad very much and God wanted us to have a child to personify our love...His dad died three days after his first birthday...Believe me it was a hard row to hoe, but we got over it...They say Love conquers all...

Now...Sorry I haven't been around much lately...been busy with special requests and those darn hand sewn vests/tops...My "boyfriend" has been under the weather with earaches and I've been Florence Nightingale...Have been saving those 12 inch patterns to make at a later date and hopefully get back in the square swing after the holidays...Needless to say I've been laying low lately...My how I ramble...Hope everyone here has good weather and are staying warm and dry...Big hugs...(((HUGS)))...ST

Archived