Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good evening all! And yikes for the east coast, snow, really? Praying hard for everyone....

I want to send out a big THANK YOU to Carol (cshort) for the beautiful blue squares I received today (picture to come when I can). I LOVE the colors! Thank you so much, made my day!

Stay warm and safe,

kuddles

Good evening all! And yikes for the east coast, snow, really? Praying hard for everyone....

I want to send out a big THANK YOU to Carol (cshort) for the beautiful blue squares I received today (picture to come when I can). I LOVE the colors! Thank you so much, made my day!

Stay warm and safe,

kuddles

You are very welcome. I'm glad you like them.

I was reorganizing & cleaning my office/craft room last night... guess what I found!!! Squares I have made and just haven't sent. So, it is my intention to get some puffies out by the end of the month!

Haven't been able to get on yet to say, but I got a lovely square in the mail on Wednesday from cshort. It's a beautiful deep green and I'm pretty sure it's a basic granny stitch (haven't examined it closely yet) but there's something about the size and texture of the stitches with the yarn that gives it a very elaborate, almost hypnotic look. Thank you, Carol!

HI all.:manyheart

well, found another bin full of finished items, :think i don't know what Ill do with them yet, other than donate some to newyork, and some to the retirement home here, for their bingo prizes! and some round ripple baby ghans I had put back, might try my luck on ebay with them, who knows...anywho, hope all is well, loving the pics being put up, hope everyone has a safe and warm and uneventfull weekend, and Ill see ya here!:clap

Yes I am collecting all size squares and afghans for the Sandy victims pm if you want to help. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142835

Also collecting mittens,hats and scarves. Thanks for looking.

I wanted to say thank you to cshort for the green block. I love it and thanks.

Thanks katyallen8090 for letting every one know that I'm collecting squares too.

Hi! We may hit a record 71 tomorrow here in Chicagoland! Unreal! Then Monday nite, drops to 28! What a shock to the system!

Have a good nite all!

kuddles

yep, same here, or close to it....Had to laugh, on the weather today, they stated a high of 35 on sunday, and on sunday, a low of 35! I take that to mean, it's gonna be 35 all day and night, lol

Yes I am collecting all size squares and afghans for the Sandy victims pm if you want to help. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=142835

Thanks katyallen8090 for letting every one know that I'm collecting squares too.

Anything to help the cause, you're certainly welcome!

Skoggy has a pic up now on this post of new baby.... stop by and say congratz to them both!

Also, we have a new member. Might i Introduce Tanya,

also known as Starryeyed24!

Here is her preferences....... and I quote... " I'd like to receive 12" squares, ww yarn, verigated,and any color except pink, yellow and purple.

There we go, this one ought to be lots of fun! Tanya, do you mean varigated exclusively,or will you be accepting solids as well??? Thanks for joining, everyone, a Yarn Hill Welcome is in order!

:welcome:jumpyay:heart:applause

Haven't been able to get on yet to say, but I got a lovely square in the mail on Wednesday from cshort. It's a beautiful deep green and I'm pretty sure it's a basic granny stitch (haven't examined it closely yet) but there's something about the size and texture of the stitches with the yarn that gives it a very elaborate, almost hypnotic look. Thank you, Carol!

Glad you like it and yes it is a basic granny stitch which is my favorite square.

You're welcome, I'm glad you like it.

Skoggy has a pic up now on this post of new baby.... stop by and say congratz to them both!

Here is her preferences....... and I quote... " I'd like to receive 12" squares, ww yarn, verigated,and any color except pink, yellow and purple.

There we go, this one ought to be lots of fun! Tanya, do you mean varigated exclusively,or will you be accepting solids as well??? Thanks for joining, everyone, a Yarn Hill Welcome is in order!

Welcome Tanya!

Hey fellow squares!

I'm here! And so is Isabel. Thanks for linking the announcement Katy. :)

Welcome to the newer people. :hi

Congratulations Skoggy!

Thanks everyone. Just because I have the ability to, here is a photo Mr Skoggy took last night of Izzy with me. I look rather shattered but ofcourse thats expected.

(BTW the white cabinet thing behind me is my yarn drawers. 6 drawers full of yarn... but thats just half of my stash :lol)

post-54070-135897786002_thumb.jpg

Hi all ! Hope u are all doing well. Me, not so much. I had a rough argument with my sweetie via text messages yesterday for about 6 hours. We love each other very much but we both have our insecurities. But no mean words were exchanged. I'll see him in a few hours. Just hope I can keep from crying. I'm sure everything will be fine.

I'll see u all in a while. I have a new project to start making while doing laundry. I'll post a pic when it's all done.

Verigated or solid colors or a combination of the two, I'm excited to be part of the group!

QUOTE=katyallen8090;2516287]Skoggy has a pic up now on this post of new baby.... stop by and say congratz to them both!

Archived