Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning everyone !

I went with my mom to Weight Watchers today. She had me drive there from St louis to Arnold. It was my first time ever driving on a Highway since i was 12. I was scared out of my mind but i did it. :) it was the farthest ive ever driven (yes im 29 and ive never had my licence. Only a lerners permit. But never really drove) so from now on shes having me drive so i can get used to doing it and not be scared.

Hope you all are having a great day :hug

I had permits 3 times,age 22,24,34

finally got my license at 35,and Hawaii is not a good place to get your first license,just because they can,they fail you the first time,must have felt sorry for me,and said Merry Christmas,lol

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning everyone !

I went with my mom to Weight Watchers today. She had me drive there from St louis to Arnold. It was my first time ever driving on a Highway since i was 12. I was scared out of my mind but i did it. :) it was the farthest ive ever driven (yes im 29 and ive never had my licence. Only a lerners permit. But never really drove) so from now on shes having me drive so i can get used to doing it and not be scared.

Hope you all are having a great day :hug

Thats fantastic! Well done!

I've never held a driving license for a car. I used to be a biker chick, before I moved to Sweden. The only time I had a driving lesson for a car I crashed into the village noticeboard outside of the village hall. So... I've not gotten back in a car since. However, I turn 30 at the end of January and my Mom wants to buy me driving lessons for my 30th. Eek! I suppose I'd better try.

I got a puffy in the mail today ! Thank you Susan (Smith) i love it. :hug the meshy hearts are so pretty :) thank you :) ill take a pic and post as soon as i get inside woth the kids. Its too bright outside :)

Holy cow woman, that was fast!!!! Great job on driving! I wouldn't know what I'd do if I could NOT drive. I was driving at the age of 10 and permit at 14.....gotta love the sticks! What do you think if ww? I tried online but it didn't wrk for me I don't know about the classes. I need to drop at least 40, need 60 per cardiologist

I'm excited to see who the December square master is!!!

I celebrated my 40th the other day.......thought I'd wake up to deep wrinkles, hump back and arthritis but it was just a normal day. :lol my sister says that happens at 50…

Holy cow woman, that was fast!!!! Great job on driving! I wouldn't know what I'd do if I could NOT drive. I was driving at the age of 10 and permit at 14.....gotta love the sticks! What do you think if ww? I tried online but it didn't wrk for me I don't know about the classes. I need to drop at least 40, need 60 per cardiologist

My mom has been doing ww for 5 years now and went from 170ish to a solid 120 and has kept it off for a few years now. The classes are usually weekly but after a certian point you can just check in once a month. The monthly plan seems the best(cheapest option) plus you get the online tools and smart phone apps which look awesome (even a barcode scanner so you can figure out points while shoppig without havin to type in the food info) ill def keep you all posted on how its going for me. But im at 180 pounds (eeeekkkk) lol and want go get down to a healthy weight (between 110 an 120) per my drs oppinnions

ok, it's early, but it's midnight somewhere in the world, right!

So time once again, to witness the magical passing of the Biggest Square Crown!! :manyheart

So, please let her feel the love, our new Queen is ..............:eek:eek:eek

PAT54!!!!!!!!! Congratz Pat!!!!!!!!!!

Please check her preferences on the first post, and ready set HOOK! I open the pledging, with 2, 8 inchers!!!!!!!!!

Yay, Pat! I pledge 2 also! (just don't expect them until around Christmas time :lol)

Wow. I thought I was a late-bloomer getting my license at 19. Wanna know what's crazy? I had only driven 6 times when I took my driving test and I passed the first time! We could miss up to 15 points and not fail and I used up all 15 points! That's SoCal for ya. Well, driving is highly over-rated anyway. Taking the bus is WAY cheaper!

Lacey--I still remember my first time driving on the hwy. I already had my license (just barely) and had to drive a friend to the airport. The only way to get there from where I was at was to take at least one hwy. I was a nervous wreak but I made it! It got easier every time. BTW, when is your bday? I'm 29 too! My bday is April 21st.

I actually work at the license bureau. Didn't get mine til I was 18, and then totalled my moms car a month later. At least it wasn't my fault!

Congrats Pat! I pledge 2 squares.

Kuddkes, your squares are on the island stil. This week has been crazy.. but they will go out! Maybe today if I can get someone to take them for me.

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

Good morning my chatty friends! Love to see everyone on here!

I got my puffy yesterday from Susan (Smith) and it contained two gorgeous squares! Lime green solid for one, the other has a lovely hot pink flower in the center! These will be fantastic additions! Thank you so much Susan!

Weight Watchers is THE best plan out there in my opinion. I've lost 45 pounds in the last two years, mainly doing the online tools. THIS time I want to keep it off! WW is a healthy, common sense plan that lets you eat anything...if you count it! No, not a spokesperson, just a fan!

AngelRoseLite and Kim: I'll be thrilled to get those squares whenever........something that will be a surprise, what fun!

And CONGRATS to Pat! I've sent to you in the past but you'll two more from me! Been itching to try a few new patterns so now is my chance!

Have a great day to all my Square friends!

kuddles

I'm like you... I thought I was late getting my license at 18. My dad took me for the driving test. The officer that was there asked him if he trusted me to drive. My dad said, "Yeah, she drove us here." The officer stamped my paper and told me to go get a license. No actual driving test... I forget that a driving test is actually part of getting a license! LOL

Yay, Pat! I pledge 2 also! (just don't expect them until around Christmas time :lol)

Wow. I thought I was a late-bloomer getting my license at 19. Wanna know what's crazy? I had only driven 6 times when I took my driving test and I passed the first time! We could miss up to 15 points and not fail and I used up all 15 points! That's SoCal for ya. Well, driving is highly over-rated anyway. Taking the bus is WAY cheaper!

Lacey--I still remember my first time driving on the hwy. I already had my license (just barely) and had to drive a friend to the airport. The only way to get there from where I was at was to take at least one hwy. I was a nervous wreak but I made it! It got easier every time. BTW, when is your bday? I'm 29 too! My bday is April 21st.

Mine is march 18 :)

Congrats to PAT54! I am redoing ImmaFreek's squares and then making some for the queen that just relinquished her crown. After that, I'll send at least two your way. Enjoy!

Ill let you know when they arrive :)

Archived