Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Good morning!

Thanks Brenda, I'll start watching!!

Katie, well I found out what the issue was. I am an old mom of 56 with almost all white hair and my DD is 8. A girl in her class teased her that I was her grandma and she didn't know how to deal with that, so decided to ignore me. This is the first time this has happened, guess we are lucky it wasn't till she was 8. She is going to hear this a lot and I'm going to try to help her role play on how to deal with it. With her special needs (speech), she doesn't have the quick comeback or the self confidence to deal with it on her own. We talked about it and we both felt better......

Sigh....why do kids have to be like that? I know this is just the start for my tender hearted DD!!

TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!

kuddles

Well, all i can say is we all have to carry crosses in life, kids are mean and I hope this is the last instance this happens, but know it won't be. I hope for both your sakes, she remembers she ws CHOSEN, therefor, making her even MORE speicial then the kids that tease her are....Stand strong, stand proud, to you both! I applaud you and she both!:clap

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, all i can say is we all have to carry crosses in life, kids are mean and I hope this is the last instance this happens, but know it won't be. I hope for both your sakes, she remembers she ws CHOSEN, therefor, making her even MORE speicial then the kids that tease her are....Stand strong, stand proud, to you both! I applaud you and she both!:clap

:hug:manyheart Thanks hon!

kuddles

Been awake since 530 :( but I got a pot of coffee made and the kids had pancakes for breakfast. Gonna start laundry and work on my tote/ purse. I can't line it till its done hehehe so hopefully a trip to Joann tomorrow :woo

Well, its 1512 here now. Felicia is in her cot having a little nap. She stayed at my Sister's last night with her cousins as they had a party to go today. I'm just about to try and bring Isabel around for a feed as she's been asleep now for 4 hours +. She is getting better at nights which is a relief.

I've been trying to catch up on the Symbols of Life CAL so, at the moment, I have lilac yarn on a 4.5mm hook working through square #3. :)

Next week I'm hoping to get a couple of squares made up for people here so please keep an eye on your inbox to see if I need your address. :hug

:flower. Good Morning!!! I sure have some catching up to do… I switched jobs which means less stress and more time! Crazy thing is, it's more money!

Soggy…where is the baby? How is the CAL? I missed out on it but I am looking forward to seeing them

I LOVE pancakes, any leftovers?

I'm working on my Christmas blanket, a hdc variegated throw and squares. A girl can't just work on one thing, right?

:flower. Good Morning!!! I sure have some catching up to do… I switched jobs which means less stress and more time! Crazy thing is, it's more money!

Soggy…where is the baby? How is the CAL? I missed out on it but I am looking forward to seeing them

I'm working on my Christmas blanket, a hdc variegated throw and squares. A girl can't just work on one thing, right?

wow,:eek the afghan sounds gorgeous! hope to see a pic when you complete it, and welcome back, :clapwe haven't forgotten you! lol I might need you to update your preferences for me again though, concerning size and colors, if you would please, and thank you! glad to see your post! :hook

Been awake since 530 :( but I got a pot of coffee made and the kids had pancakes for breakfast. Gonna start laundry and work on my tote/ purse. I can't line it till its done hehehe so hopefully a trip to Joann tomorrow :woo

Mmmmmm dang now I want pancakes!

Well, its 1512 here now. Felicia is in her cot having a little nap. She stayed at my Sister's last night with her cousins as they had a party to go today. I'm just about to try and bring Isabel around for a feed as she's been asleep now for 4 hours +. She is getting better at nights which is a relief.

I've been trying to catch up on the Symbols of Life CAL so, at the moment, I have lilac yarn on a 4.5mm hook working through square #3. :)

Next week I'm hoping to get a couple of squares made up for people here so please keep an eye on your inbox to see if I need your address. :hug

You are one busy girl! Take time to relax too!

Yeah want to see that blanket!

wow,:eek the afghan sounds gorgeous! hope to see a pic when you complete it, and welcome back, :clapwe haven't forgotten you! lol I might need you to update your preferences for me again though, concerning size and colors, if you would please, and thank you! glad to see your post! :hook

What are YOU up to today Katie??

Baby K and I went to Walmart and somehow spent 100 bucks and just on stuff needed! ARGH! She isn't feeling good now and is on the couch watching a DVD of the Fresh Beat Band which she loves! Hope she perks up cause with the temps up to 55, I want to take a nice long walk this afternoon!

Take care all!

kuddles

sorry I have been mia. I'm really busy crocheting non-stop! I am almost finished with immafreak's square but I ran out of my blue yarn. I'm getting more while shopping today. Love ya kuddlekubs but I just dont have the time to fulfill a pledge for you. gtg...

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

wow, such busy people! I see it only getting more busy, as the holidays press onwards!

I waited most of the morning, for a visitor, but she never showed, didn't call, hope all is well . Then went off to the grocery, and spent all my cash, and brought home one bag............dang! I remember when my mom went shopping, and we would carry and carry and carry all those paper bags up the long steps, and across the porch, and through the living room and dining area, to the kitchen, plop them on the table, and proceed to graze through it all!! One of our favorite treats, was get this, dates, sliced in half, with peanut butter spread on each half, then dipped in sugar.....We loved those! Im curious if anyone knows if that is an English tradition of sorts, as my gammy was from England, and we ate many things from her infuence im sure! (help me out emma!!)

or maybe just a clever mom way to get us to eat dates???? ha.

Now home to stay, gonna put in some scalloped taters, and ham chunks in the oven after while, and have a baked dinner tonight, nothing else needed, lol

It's nice here too kuddles, a little windy though, but then you being from Shytown, would understand that, right, lol.

have a break cindy, you are such a busy person!! You have to remember, Breathe In, Breathe Out, lol

Talk at ya all later, have a good one!

Howdy again! Baby K and I just got back from our walk around the nearby college, they have a 1.5 mile walk around the place. So nice out! Two walks tomorrow!

Cindy, no worries honey! I haven't pledged to every single person.....you do what you can! Like Katie said, breathe!!!!!

Katie, I would not like dates with pb on them...well wait, never tried them, maybe I would!!!

Well back to cutting out a purse for a friend.....I haven't made a sewn purse for a few months or more so I'm itching to start sewing!

Take care my friends!

kuddles

Oh my goodness! I just went down to get the mail and there was a BIG puffie from bgs (Brenda). Not only did I get two awesome squares, I also got a gorgeous towel with hanger. But wait there is more! I got a glittery, beautiful Christmas card!

But wait! There is more!

She included a GORGEOUS crocheted snowflake ornament! Check it out!

Brenda, you made my entire weekend! I never dreamed I would be spoiled! You rock my dear, you rock! Thank you a million times over!

kuddles

post-17419-135897787231_thumb.jpg

if anyone knows if that is an English tradition of sorts, as my gammy was from England, and we ate many things from her infuence im sure! (help me out emma!!)

Haha Dates :D I'm not too keen on them myself but will have a nibble of them if they are about.

I'm not too sure if its an English tradition but we've always had a packet of them around Xmas. I know they have a significance for Ramadan but Xmas? No idea. I'll have an ask around. Got some wise people on my FB list so I'll get back to you. :)

Haha Dates :D I'm not too keen on them myself but will have a nibble of them if they are about.

I'm not too sure if its an English tradition but we've always had a packet of them around Xmas. I know they have a significance for Ramadan but Xmas? No idea. I'll have an ask around. Got some wise people on my FB list so I'll get back to you. :)

well, must have been mom or grammy's way of getting us kids to eat things we wouldnt otherwise, I dunno,,,,,for years though, i never knew syrup was used on french toast, as grammy and mom always fixed it with butter, sugar and cinamin! I can never spell that word right!

Oh my goodness! I just went down to get the mail and there was a BIG puffie from bgs (Brenda). Not only did I get two awesome squares, I also got a gorgeous towel with hanger. But wait there is more! I got a glittery, beautiful Christmas card!

But wait! There is more!

She included a GORGEOUS crocheted snowflake ornament! Check it out!

Brenda, you made my entire weekend! I never dreamed I would be spoiled! You rock my dear, you rock! Thank you a million times over!

kuddles

oh wow, what a booty you have there, bgs is one generous giver! That towel so pretty! and I love the snowflakes too, nice squares by the way, she done good!

AngelRose, I have been stalking the mail-lady and she hadn't had any puffies for me :( I'll keep an eye out for it though

That's so depressing! It's been 2.5 weeks since I sent them. It's ridiculous. Mail is getting lost or taking too long to arrive more frequently now. I've had it happen more often in the last year or so. If you visit my Ravelry page (link in signature), you will see the three that I made you. I really was happy with them! I'll make more and send them but send them via UPS.

Katie,

Thank you so much for the BEAUTIFUL square I just got in the mail yesterday! I tried to open the envelope like a sane person but it eventually just got ripped open. I was just too excited.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! :c9

Christel

Katie,

Thank you so much for the BEAUTIFUL square I just got in the mail yesterday! I tried to open the envelope like a sane person but it eventually just got ripped open. I was just too excited.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! :c9

Christel

ha, that happens, and your certainly welcome, hope it goes with your ghan!! :clap

That's so depressing! It's been 2.5 weeks since I sent them. It's ridiculous. Mail is getting lost or taking too long to arrive more frequently now. I've had it happen more often in the last year or so. If you visit my Ravelry page (link in signature), you will see the three that I made you. I really was happy with them! I'll make more and send them but send them via UPS.

I hear dat. Mine to paula the first time took over a month, overseas, butttt, the second one, got there in like a week??? Go figure! :think

Hi all ! Well I have my grocery list for thanksgiving dinner. This will be my first year ever making dinner for a holiday. I've helped before but even the 7 years that I did not live at home I never made thanksgiving dinner LOL we always had Chinese or a frozen dinner. We will be having a friend and his wife and kids over as well. So I hope it turns out good. But I'm cheating and making the turkey the day before :)

Subscribing, can't wait to play, hurray!

And without further ado,,,,,,,,, a new member, preferences pending at the moment, her name is analise! I will let you know, when I get the ok to post her preferences, so be thinking about sizes ladies, and colors!!!!!! :clap

:cheer:manyheartWelcome Analise, we have such a nice group here on this thread, I know you will enjoy it immensly! :clap

Lacey-my first Thanksgiving dinner was my best! My dh still talks about! This year is my first gluten free holidays; I hope they go well. BTW, I now have the yarn to finish your square. It should be finished tonight. Is it too late to make the autism square? I have the yarn but I didnt like the pattern I had wanted to use. It didnt look right.

Welcome, analise!

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

Archived