Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

Went shopping with my local daughter yesterday for a "special" dress to wear to a wedding this weekend...After in and out of several stores at a nearby mall she finally found a beautiful wine colored lace embellished dress...The top doesn't fit right so I'm in the process of altering it... I have every color of the rainbow and then some of thread EXCEPT the color of this dress, so I'm trying to salvage enough of it's thread to make the needed alterations by hand...Thank God for a 1.55mm crochet hook...Just the right size to get between the stitches of the dress to rip them out carefully...

Sooo even though I'm not crocheting at the time, I still have a hook in my hand...Can't wait to see who the New Queen will be and what colors she desires...

We've had a warming spell today and it will probably reach the mid 70's...Quite pleasant though overcast...Hope everyone is having a great day...(((HUGGS)))...ST

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lacy… I like your set up for your yarn!! I've seen those baskets at the store, do they work for you?

I got called off for today so nothing planned… it's going to be a wonderful 80 today! The tomatoes and annuals at the hardware store, heard to think its almost December. I've always had cold and snow for Christmas.

I have to say that while going to the dentist is rarely fun (and today's visit would NOT be classified as fun), it does give me a great excuse to sit and crochet for little while. I'm sure my DH wonders why my feet and legs don't work when it was my mouth that got worked on, but I'm not about to try to figure it out! Ha!

Just checking in to see if Lacey got my square yet. I expected her to get it yesterday as they usually only take 4 days but not this time I guess. I guess its too early today.

Probably cyber Monday and Christmas putting it back a few days

Lacy… I like your set up for your yarn!! I've seen those baskets at the store, do they work for you?

I got called off for today so nothing planned… it's going to be a wonderful 80 today! The tomatoes and annuals at the hardware store, heard to think its almost December. I've always had cold and snow for Christmas.

They are wonderful ! I love them. Now i just need about 10 more shelving units and another 120 baskets and all my yarn will be on display lol. Seriously tho :)

Just checking in to see if Lacey got my square yet. I expected her to get it yesterday as they usually only take 4 days but not this time I guess. I guess its too early today.

No puffies today :( ive been stalking the mail-lady and she said she hadnt had any for me for a while :(

This sounds fun but I don't understand half of how this works.

I pm'd you Katherine, hope you decide to join, we have a fun and very talented group of granny square makers here, and very generous as well... Let me know if I can answer any more questions for you! Thanks! :cheer

aww, im not a huge fan, but I do love the dishcloths, :manyheart so I make them and bite the bullet when I need some, lol I would think it would be very comfortable for a ghan, but very heavy probably too, and how do they wash, I don't know...Such pretty colors cotton comes in anymore, how can one not want to keep a few spools of it around, lol :think

Keep on keeping on Piney, and you too Rene!:hug

Hi all!

Just popping in to say hi.

I'm busy working on Xmas presents at the moment. Eek! Its getting closer. :P

Hope you are all doing ok.

Lovely square Lacey! :manyheart

Good morning!

Well I am one that loves the feel of cotton! Love working with it, touching it, petting it......but not sure either how heavy it will be.....I'll have just enough for a lapghan which is good cause I think that will be the perfect size! And so colorful....thanks again to everyone! I know I have several puffies coming so I'll keep everyone posted! My last day as The Square! Can't wait to see who the next one is!

aww, im not a huge fan, but I do love the dishcloths, :manyheart so I make them and bite the bullet when I need some, lol I would think it would be very comfortable for a ghan, but very heavy probably too, and how do they wash, I don't know...Such pretty colors cotton comes in anymore, how can one not want to keep a few spools of it around, lol :think

Keep on keeping on Piney, and you too Rene!:hug

Great square! I have that pattern saved, now I simply must make it!!

I got a puffy today ! :woo thank you so much Cindy ! I love it :)

aw, and tonight at the bewitching hour of midnight, the crown magially will transport itself, (sprinkling fairy dust in a streaming light behind it of course) to the new Queen, and Don't be surprised either, if she wakes up with a headache!!!!!!!!! That crown is sortra heavy sometimes! chuckle chuckle...........

Off too lunch with a friend, have a great and magnificent Friday!!!!!! Tomorrow, the new Queen officially takes reign of the Kingdom Of Yarn Hill!!! Check here for the big reveal!!!!!!!!!

Good morning everyone !

I went with my mom to Weight Watchers today. She had me drive there from St louis to Arnold. It was my first time ever driving on a Highway since i was 12. I was scared out of my mind but i did it. :) it was the farthest ive ever driven (yes im 29 and ive never had my licence. Only a lerners permit. But never really drove) so from now on shes having me drive so i can get used to doing it and not be scared.

Hope you all are having a great day :hug

Good morning everyone !

I went with my mom to Weight Watchers today. She had me drive there from St louis to Arnold. It was my first time ever driving on a Highway since i was 12. I was scared out of my mind but i did it. :) it was the farthest ive ever driven (yes im 29 and ive never had my licence. Only a lerners permit. But never really drove) so from now on shes having me drive so i can get used to doing it and not be scared.

Hope you all are having a great day :hug

Good for you! You go girl!

kuddles

Archived