Granny squares 2nd annual Happy Birthday Friendship/Comfortghan

• Replies 16.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome Analise!

and good morning friends! For Thanksgiving, DD and I just bring two pies over to a relative's house and just eat what is there! Love it! She is off starting Wed, so I had to take that day off...we will both get 5 days off! Woot!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Welcome Analise :hug

I received a beautiful verigated blue square from Katie today:clap I love the colors and am looking forward to adding to an afghan that I am working on! Thanks katyallen8090

post-25538-135897787703_thumb.jpg

Welcome, Analise! Pretty name, by the way.

This Thanksgiving, my SIL is making her first turkey and ham. I'm walking her through both. I'm making my favorite holiday dessert, the Pampered Chef gingerbread cake. Technically, it's not gingerbread because there's no ginger in it, but it's delicious. It's going to be a nice, relaxing day :)

Oh my goodness! I just went down to get the mail and there was a BIG puffie from bgs (Brenda). Not only did I get two awesome squares, I also got a gorgeous towel with hanger. But wait there is more! I got a glittery, beautiful Christmas card!

But wait! There is more!

She included a GORGEOUS crocheted snowflake ornament! Check it out!

Brenda, you made my entire weekend! I never dreamed I would be spoiled! You rock my dear, you rock! Thank you a million times over!

kuddles

You're welcome. I am glad you liked it. :hug:hug

My, oh my...everyone has been sooo busy...Me too...Mainly cusing and complaining to my cable company...Problems still, they started Friday...everything went out...cable, phone and most importantly INTERNET...I checked to see if I had paid the bill as I have been scatter brained this month...The bill was paid, so called the company...They said should be restored by tonight...Called Saturday am when everything was still out...service came and went intermittantly and once again they said they would take care of it...Saturday evening as I was going out I spied the cable maintenance man who told me that there was a major problem in the line and he would probably be working on it all night (poor dude)...Sunday am had TV and phone...still no internet...Reported it again, thinking internet problem was my modem...No sireee..Still major problem and crews were seen in the neighborhood...At least I could watch Sunday night programs...Monday am crews were back...hopefully I'd get internet restored...About 2:30pm everything was up and running...Needless to say there were a kazillion emails and I've been busy reading up and checking my favorite site...Now I wonder which it could be??? I Am Back !!!

Brought back the good old days when all we had was radio, and whatever hand craft we had to do...I got lots done on my WIPs...And even managed to start some of the Thanksgiving cooking...My son, his GF, my grandson and I will all go to my local daughter's for dinner...everyone is making a dish to pass, so the burden of all the cooking won't be on one person...Daughter is roasting the bird...She has a 12 hour shift to work on Wednesday and has to go back to work on Friday...At least we will be able to enjoy a family meal together on Thursday...

Wishing all a great Thanksgiving with many blessings...Now where did I put that "Sharp Hook"?..I have an apron to embellish...

My, oh my...everyone has been sooo busy...Me too...Mainly cusing and complaining to my cable company...Problems still, they started Friday...everything went out...cable, phone and most importantly INTERNET...I checked to see if I had paid the bill as I have been scatter brained this month...The bill was paid, so called the company...They said should be restored by tonight...Called Saturday am when everything was still out...service came and went intermittantly and once again they said they would take care of it...Saturday evening as I was going out I spied the cable maintenance man who told me that there was a major problem in the line and he would probably be working on it all night (poor dude)...Sunday am had TV and phone...still no internet...Reported it again, thinking internet problem was my modem...No sireee..Still major problem and crews were seen in the neighborhood...At least I could watch Sunday night programs...Monday am crews were back...hopefully I'd get internet restored...About 2:30pm everything was up and running...Needless to say there were a kazillion emails and I've been busy reading up and checking my favorite site...Now I wonder which it could be??? I Am Back !!!

Brought back the good old days when all we had was radio, and whatever hand craft we had to do...I got lots done on my WIPs...And even managed to start some of the Thanksgiving cooking...My son, his GF, my grandson and I will all go to my local daughter's for dinner...everyone is making a dish to pass, so the burden of all the cooking won't be on one person...Daughter is roasting the bird...She has a 12 hour shift to work on Wednesday and has to go back to work on Friday...At least we will be able to enjoy a family meal together on Thursday...

Wishing all a great Thanksgiving with many blessings...Now where did I put that "Sharp Hook"?..I have an apron to embellish...

HI Estee! Glad you are back, missed ya!! Hope the internet problem is fixed for good this time, sounds like a major pain in the you know what!!!!!

All our lines, and cables are undergroud here, which is good in lightening storms and such, but if it hits the power station, it all goes anyway, but that doesn't hardly ever happen...( knock on wood)

Good to hear you got a lot of time to work on you projects though, thats always nice!! :manyheart

Lacey-I need your address. Id pm you for it but the, app is being a butt and wont let me.

Im nervous about Thanksgiving. It is my first time cooking it for my in-laws and it is my first gluten free. No pressure!

On the bright side, thanksgiving weekend is when we traditionally put up the Christmas decor. Yay!s

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

You will be fine! I promise! And if there are any glitches, just makes for good stories next year!

We also put up our decorations the day after Thanksgiving. DD loves it! We do NOT NOT NOT go out to any stores on Black Friday!

Have a great day all!

kuddles

Lacey-I need your address. Id pm you for it but the, app is being a butt and wont let me.

Im nervous about Thanksgiving. It is my first time cooking it for my in-laws and it is my first gluten free. No pressure!

On the bright side, thanksgiving weekend is when we traditionally put up the Christmas decor. Yay!s

Posted from Crochetville.org App for Android

Hi Ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. I have been trying to get a late jumpstart on Christmas. Making 2 afghans, and a few other items. I've also been sick with a cold, though I'm getting over it now.

Welcome to the newest members!!

Happy Thanksgiving :)

:cturkey:cturkey:cturkey:ttalk:tdancehi all!

Just wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, hope there is a turkey in every oven!

Thanksgiving also ushers in the end of the month somewhat, so on Saturday, I will chose a random number from the number generator, and email the next Biggest Square! I hope Kuddles has enjoyed her reign, and has many pretty 8 inchers to add to her ghan!! So once the email is sent, I will await reply and acceptance, and then on the first of Dec. I will announce the next Biggest Square Queen, of yarn hill! I hope KUddles has taken good care of the crown!! So,,,,,keep your eye out for the first of Dec. it might be YOU!!!

Just wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving tomorrow, hope there is a turkey in every oven!

Thanksgiving also ushers in the end of the month somewhat, so on Saturday, I will chose a random number from the number generator, and email the next Biggest Square! I hope Kuddles has enjoyed her reign, and has many pretty 8 inchers to add to her ghan!! So once the email is sent, I will await reply and acceptance, and then on the first of Dec. I will announce the next Biggest Square Queen, of yarn hill! I hope KUddles has taken good care of the crown!! So,,,,,keep your eye out for the first of Dec. it might be YOU!!!

The crown has been polished! I've received a few squares, I'm grateful for them all!

Happy Turkey Day!

kuddles

I can't believe how quickly this month flew by! Kuddles, I will send you some squares, hopefully with better luck than the last package.

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around. My life is crazy at the moment with the training. The guy that gives the traineeships is coming Monday so we will find out then. Fingers crossed for me girls.

I am still completing the last two months pledges but Skoggy's squares are ready to post. I just need to buy a bigger envelope tomorrow and they will be posted. I want to get them sent out as the little princess is already here. Congrats Skoggy!!!

I'll try my best to get the other squares posted on Monday.

Welcome to the new ladies!!! I hope you are having fun!

Happy Thanksgiving, everybody! Emma, I love the picture you posted of yourself with your little girl! Just heart-melting.

I haven't gotten started on Kuddles square yet. My depression flared up in spectactular fashion this month and I've been spending most of my time and energy on that. I don't think I've picked up a hook in a month. I'm at least back to "baseline bad" at this point! I've worked on some pajamas for my little guy, and I even drew a picture (that wasn't a crude cartoon of a choo-choo train or dump truck!), which I haven't done in years.

I packed a hook and all my cotton yarn leftovers down to my parents with us for Thanksgiving, but of course all of them have white in them! I could have sworn I should have found at least one bright yellow/green/blue𮽠yarn... *sigh* I guess I should have bought yarn when I was at JoAnns last week after all! :-/

(The little guy helped me spell "blue" up there; can you tell? :D)

Happy thanksgiving everyone. I was up till 330 this morning cooking, layed down and was awake at 8. Back on cooking again. And cleaning. Pecan pies are made. The stufing, greenbean casserole and rolls are ready to go in the oven soon as Bertha (the turkey) is done :)

Gettig ready to go to the Lemp Mansion for a late lunch today as well. Then home for more food :) Im so excited

:hug have a great day everyone

Archived